Is 2nd gear wheelspin normal in TDi CR VRS

You reap what you sow.

If you drive it that way then it might well.

Sometimes better tyres and clutch and accelerator use can turn the Wheel Spin into actual Grip & Go.

• Like 1

Got to admit my stage 2 TFSI doesn't spin easily in 2nd gear when dry; unless I were to do a very fast and harsh gear change.

In these cold wet conditions it's a very different matter; it'll attempt to spin in 3rd in almost every situation (so I drive to condition). Also I'm running PS3's which give great grip usually. It could be your tyres are not the best; your gear changes aren't smooth or someone has put a very spikey map on your car before you owned it.

Edited by Stu08

Yep, mine will, sat on Avon zz3s in summer and Avon Ice Touring atm.

Funnily enough I was talking to a chap the other day who has had both petrol and diesel non mapped vRS' and said the diesel was much worse for doing it.

Neither me nor the chap I was talking to drive with a heavy right foot.

The diesel will have more torque though?  The 19" Avon ZZ5s I had on my VXR were great and never spun.  The Maxxis I have on the vRS spin easily unless you're very smooth during gear changes etc.  6-8mm left on all 4 tyres too.

Edited by planehazza

The diesel will have more torque though? The Maxxis I have on the vRS spin easily unless you're very smooth during gear changes etc.  6-8mm left on all 4 tyres too.

Agreed, that's what I put it down to.  Mine's a DSG so super smooth changes :)