Accessing Maxidot

Brightone

I cannot access the Maxidot on the Amundsen screen.  I have pushed this button and that according to the manual (which is inexact as it covers every model) but fail to raise anything at all.  I am hoping that it is something simple, otherwise a trip to the dealer (£ every time!).

You don't access Maxidot on the Amundsen screen.

They are separate displays with (mostly) different functionality.

What are you trying to achieve?

First of all I would like to get the settings information on the screen and then go through the options to my prefered settings, such as the day driving lights, etc.  However I cannot start the function.

Maxidot is the display in the instrument panel, between the speedo and rev counter. Use the buttons on the steering wheel to access the appropriate section. I imagine you have it showing some kind of vehicle stats whilst driving. Push the 'return/back' arrow to 'exit' this view and you should be faced with a few options of things you can view/amend. Use the roller wheel to move up/down and push the roller wheel to 'click' and select. You can only do this when the car is stationary.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the level of customisation you can do with Maxidot.

- I've removed the annoying alarm beep when locking/unlocking.

- configured single click opening of drivers and drivers side rear door as I always put my work bag on the rear seat

- reduced the volume of the parking aid

- enabled the mirrors to be adjusted independently

Those are the same settings as mine, except I've made the tones of the parking sensors more obvious between front and rear   :beer:

2 years on & still Learning, recently Had Front Windscreen replaced.

The Guy who installed gave me a couple of tips.

1. " Wax As You Dry" is a good product to remove those annoying inside & Outside smudges,

that come with Wet Weather (& I presume my Northern collegues Cold Winter Snow).

2. When we have Hot Humid days if you hold down the Open button long enough,

Doors open and Windows (all 4) open as well

• Like 1

2 years on & still Learning, recently Had Front Windscreen replaced.

The Guy who installed gave me a couple of tips.

1. " Wax As You Dry" is a good product to remove those annoying inside & Outside smudges,

that come with Wet Weather (& I presume my Northern collegues Cold Winter Snow).

2. When we have Hot Humid days if you hold down the Open button long enough,

Doors open and Windows (all 4) open as well

Most VW group cars do this.

Very useful when coming back to a locked car on a hot day. Press & hold the unlock button & the windows open so that the car is less like an oven inside by the time you open the door!

And vice versa. Press & hold the lock button on your keyfob or the one by the handbrake & all 4 windows close.