Yeti competitor from Renault: the Kadjar

It is just a rebadged Nissan QQ but the official embargo has been lifted:

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/all-new-renault-kadjar-suv-officially.html

Renault-Kadjar-CUV-8.jpg

Renault-Kadjar-CUV-3.jpg

Renault-Kadjar-CUV-11.jpg

I really don't like that front number plate that sits so low. The Mazda CX-5 has the same chinless look. The rear haunches also makes the car look fat out back.

Micro engines and no sunroof that can open makes this, like the QQ, something I won't ever buy.

I've done this in Powerpoint to show how much better a higher mounted number plate would look:

Before:

post-55900-0-62432500-1422895327_thumb.jpg

After:

post-55900-0-34728600-1422895339_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"The goal is not to steal sales from the Qashqai. It is to steal sales from Volkswagen, from Kia, from Toyota, and I think there is room in the market to do it."

Not up against the Skoda Yeti then :notme:

Not up against the Skoda Yeti then :notme:

That man is a total fool if he thinks this car won't steal sales from the QQ. Does he for one moment think a Frenchman living in France will buy a QQ over this?! Sales will dive of the QQ in France for sure and certainly everywhere else to a certain extent as well.

To my eyes cars have faces and a number plate is a car's face's teeth.  So with this one having the number plate so low it looks ridiculous and much like this to me:

rabbit-drawing-006.jpg

:)

• Like 1

2012 Yeti still amazes Neighbours.,

Have annoyed them by saying past vehicles can't compare.

Holden FJ,Hillman Hunter, Holden HJ 253 V8+,Toyota Hilux+ hyundai Getz, Land Rover Td5 Disco, and now the "Snowman" 3,850,000 KM,

at 37500 Km, bugger just realized I need 3rd service for Yeti.

That man is a total fool if he thinks this car won't steal sales from the QQ. Does he for one moment think a Frenchman living in France will buy a QQ over this?! Sales will dive of the QQ in France for sure and certainly everywhere else to a certain extent as well.

The price and spec will be interesting reading,

The words Vulgar and Bling spring to mind, but then again I am narrow minded.

Actually thinking about it logically I am not narrow minded. In 2002 I bought a Renault Scenic, planning to own it for a long time. After 18 months I was sick to death of it and bought a VW Touran, that I kept for 10 years. I will not buy another Renault.

Rant over.

Colin

I think this is a great looking car,but for me the choice or lack of choice of engines is a no no.might sell well in France but not really offering a lot more or different for the uk market and of course French cars usually come very low in the reliability leagues .

Johann, have you any pictures before it started to melt please?

Edited by P6bJOHN
  • Like 1

Johann, surely 'alternative' rather than 'competitor'?  Chalk and cheese. 

There's a theme here Brijo....  if you were to do a Google search on Briskoda for "Yeti competitor" you will find ALL my threads on competitors, alternatives or anything small and crossover like that we've chatted about over the years. So regardless of what the car is or if it is really a Yeti competitor or whatever, that is what the thread title will be. :)

I have to say it doesn't look too bad, particularly in that colour which looks really nice on other Renaults I've seen. Would I buy one? probably not as I have always had a bit of an aversion to Renault cars harping back to my mechanic days!

There's a theme here Brijo....  if you were to do a Google search on Briskoda for "Yeti competitor" you will find ALL my threads on competitors, alternatives or anything small and crossover like that we've chatted about over the years. So regardless of what the car is or if it is really a Yeti competitor or whatever, that is what the thread title will be. :)

No argument there, Johann  :happy: .  It's your thread; I happily accept that you may use whatever title you wish and I acknowledge all precedents. 

I think you might accept my point, though (because I in turn have put it before in one way or another), that 'competition' assumes a common target, whilst 'alternative' allows variables.  The subject of the thread, the Kadjar, doesn't appear to be the tough little idiosyncratic do-it-all-and-come-out-smiling vehicle that the Yeti is.  The Yeti isn't a pretty car that wil look outdated when the fashion wheel turns away from rising waistlines and puffed up noses. 

Semantics, or what-you-will - they are still different animals. 

• Like 1

No argument there, Johann  :happy: .  It's your thread; I happily accept that you may use whatever title you wish and I acknowledge all precedents. 

I think you might accept my point, though (because I in turn have put it before in one way or another), that 'competition' assumes a common target, whilst 'alternative' allows variables.  The subject of the thread, the Kadjar, doesn't appear to be the tough little idiosyncratic do-it-all-and-come-out-smiling vehicle that the Yeti is.  The Yeti isn't a pretty car that wil look outdated when the fashion wheel turns away from rising waistlines and puffed up noses. 

Semantics, or what-you-will - they are still different animals. 

Semantics indeed. :)  But I'm going with what I've done before. Not saying that's correct, just to keep the threads along those lines better grouped.

They are both competing for your money, and there's plenty of overlap in the ranges in terms of spec, performance etc. There's no reason why someone with £20k to spend on a car might not consider both of them.

And that is my point. I COULD also do similar threads on the new Golf, or the Nissan Pulsar, etc as someone with £20k could also consider those next to a Yeti..............   or a second hand 7-series BMW, or an old Porsche 911 or  Bentley..... dearie me where do we stop?! Hence I limit my "competitor" threads to pseudo faux-by-fours and all wheel drive crossover thingies... 

I've just come back from the eye clinic where I had eye drops administered so I'll put it down to that. :nerd:  It can't really look that bad can it? I'll have another look tomorrow when my eyes should be back to normal

Fred.