help me pleaseee oil light

Yeah I feel like iv been ripped off now , but hindsight is a marvelous thing !! Yeah id love to keep it if this light goes off ! Its v v v clean inside and out you would never ever guess its as old as it is. I'm just worried about what he says on Mon .to be honest if it were really easy id have a go my self, as theres a tms at end of the road but id probably end up causing more damage haha. X x

Ask if how much he is going to charge 1st as he shouldnt really of charge you any labour for a 5-10 minute job considering he failed to change it first time round. its worth investing in socket set if planning on doing it yourself as they give better leverage compared to a spanner but its not torqued up super tight so don't see any issues on doing it yourself and there are plenty folk here to offer advice if you get stuck. I've done one on a Ford focus before and its quite common for them to go faulty as it is exposed to the elements.

Hopefully you get this slight problem and get back to happy driving days, I hate garages who take advantage of people with very little knowledge of cars, but you'll learn from a small mistake, true as they say a problem shared is a problem halved, lot of people on here who have wealth of knowledge.

Hi all soooo rang garage this morning and asked is he could do switch he said yes and to bring it down , I said I had a appointment in afternoon so nneeded car back so I said will it take long to order part he said he ordered it on Fri so already had it but never got round to fitting it and just to take it down !?!? I didn't wanna be arguing with him so never asked why he didn't fit it then , anyway half a hour after going in he said it was done , he said he thinks it must have been what was wrong ,he said if light does come on now theres no point I fixing as will be expensive •• I was going to say the he should have done switch first and could have saved 95 quod but there was about 6 big bloke having break time in the room and was too embarrassed to say he charged me ten pounds. Lets hope the bloody light doesn't come back on !!! Thanks again everyone x x been driving a bit now and no light so far

Hi all soooo rang garage this morning and asked is he could do switch he said yes and to bring it down , I said I had a appointment in afternoon so nneeded car back so I said will it take long to order part he said he ordered it on Fri so already had it but never got round to fitting it and just to take it down !?!? I didn't wanna be arguing with him so never asked why he didn't fit it then , anyway half a hour after going in he said it was done , he said he thinks it must have been what was wrong ,he said if light does come on now theres no point I fixing as will be expensive •• I was going to say the he should have done switch first and could have saved 95 quod but there was about 6 big bloke having break time in the room and was too embarrassed to say he charged me ten pounds. Lets hope the bloody light doesn't come back on !!! Thanks again everyone x x been driving a bit now and no light so far

Job done :thumbup:

And in future I would avoid this garage like the plague – they sound like a proper bunch of jokers :swear:

Yeah he Sai as soon as he took it off it was filled with oil , but when it initially went in he said that was first Jo he was going to do and I quote "Il do the cheap things first to rule them out" I just don't know why if he already ordered the part and had it why he didn't just do it x x

Ugh agreed they sound likr right cowboys, instead of changing the 'cheap' things first why didn't they do their jobs and replace the non working part first. If I had the same attitude to fault finding at my workplace Id be out of a job! Glad to hear it's all sorted now though! Happy driving!

well at least i know not to go there again! can i ask one last question, i know its not in right place but wont let me start new topic, but my car only has a tape player, do i need a code or something to put a cd player in or will any cd player go , thanks in advance x 

ok so driving today and temp light has came on !!!! its used a full bottle of coolant , feel like scarpping this car, it looks rusty in the right hnd corner and this is where the leaks coming from, how much should i be looking to pay for new radiator, im so fed up

ok so driving today and temp light has came on !!!! its used a full bottle of coolant , feel like scarpping this car, it looks rusty in the right hnd corner and this is where the leaks coming from, how much should i be looking to pay for new radiator, im so fed up

You could try dumping a bottle of Kseal in it to seal the leak. I've used it in my MK1 VRS and I've already got another 5k out of the radiator without it leaking.

I'm not saying it is an ideal solution but I left it in for a week then drained and replaced the coolant. I wouldn't leave it in indefinately as I could see it possibly blocking things it shouldn't eventually.

This solution could cost you £10 whilst you decide whether to keep the car or not?

sent from my Samsung Note 4.

• 5 months later...

Hello , yes 1.4 i went to the garage now and they told me we gonna check the motor inside but i said no dont open the motor ....

Always check the switch before even contemplating opening the engine. Having said that, if you need a new pickup or oil pump they do need to drop the sump.