YETI BLACK EDITION OFF ROAD

adriangunner

Hi ! I got my brand new Yeti Black Edition on Tuesday and I'm happy with it so far ! One question though if you are able to help. In all the specs i have seen all the 4 X 4 Yeti's have an 'OFFROAD' button. My one doesnt. Does that mean it doesnt have off road functionality or is it just automatic ? Any answers gratefully received !?

Hi ! I got my brand new Yeti Black Edition on Tuesday and I'm happy with it so far ! One question though if you are able to help. In all the specs i have seen all the 4 X 4 Yeti's have an 'OFFROAD' button. My one doesnt. Does that mean it doesnt have off road functionality or is it just automatic ? Any answers gratefully received !?

Not all 4x4's have the Off Road Button; it is a paid for option.

Your 4x4 Black Edition has the same off-road capability as any other 4x4 Yeti.

The 4x4 system is automatic and has nothing to do with the ORR button, that just adds a few extra clever functions.

I'm guessing not - as I've just looked at the spec and it appears to be the same base model as mine (SE) but with the black trim, SatNav, alloys (which I added as an extra too). Unless you've got a DSG? In which case you might have hill-start assist?

Sorry, no hill start assist with DSG as standard, but it will hold on moderate inclines without moving forward while you take foot off the brake and apply the throttle.

• Like 2

Thank you for the two responses (and sorry to appear thick !!). Does that mean that mine doesnt have the downhill assist, hilll start assist etc?

many thanks again !

Correct, you don't have any of the special "functions" that come with the OR button.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it and if you are going to go off-road then just be very sensible and do not exceed your personal limitations and comfort. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

RE. hhc I have a black edition DSG. no hhc but when I read the blurb im sure it said the black was the upgraded SE and I thought the SE had hhc as the S model has

My work van is a 63 plate transporter basic model but it has hhc .Disappointed to say the least

I'm guessing not - as I've just looked at the spec and it appears to be the same base model as mine (SE) but with the black trim, SatNav, alloys (which I added as an extra too). Unless you've got a DSG? In which case you might have hill-start assist?

Careful: we're in danger of getting confused by two different functions here (and not for the first time on this forum).

There is Hill Hold Control (HHC) which holds the brakes on for a few seconds when you're on a slope, and lets them off as you apply throttle.  That is standard on models with the DSG box, and on the Elegance and L&K trim levels with manual boxes.  Note that the Skoda UK brochure for the Yeti erroneously suggests that this is a function of the Off-Road Button.  It isn't.

The other function, which is a feature of the Off-Road Button, is variously described: as "Uphill start assist" in the brochure, or "Start-Off Assistant" in the owner's manual.  The nomenclature in the brochure is, again, misleading because it doesn't only operate on a slope.  The description in the manual is correct:

The Start-Off assistant assists the driver when setting off, such as on a steep slope or on a slippery surface. When the driver presses the accelerator, the maximum engine speed is electronically limited so that a gentle approach is possible.

• Like 2

Hi 

RE. hhc I have a black edition DSG. no hhc but when I read the blurb im sure it said the black was the upgraded SE and I thought the SE had hhc as the S model has

My work van is a 63 plate transporter basic model but it has hhc .Disappointed to say the least

S does NOT have HHC!

Hi 

RE. hhc I have a black edition DSG. no hhc

According to the brochure, HHC is standard on all models if they have DSG.  The online configurator seems to agree.

Are you sure you don't have HHC?  To check: find a quiet stretch of road on a reasonable slope, stop, put the box in neutral and release the foot brake.  The car should remain stationary for a couple of seconds, and then start to roll back as the HCC releases (that's why I said find a quiet stretch of road!)

If your car doesn't behave that way then it's possible that the HHC setting was not applied in the factory, which would be a warranty repair IMO.

According to the brochure, HHC is standard on all models if they have DSG.  The online configurator seems to agree.

Are you sure you don't have HHC?  To check: find a quiet stretch of road on a reasonable slope, stop, put the box in neutral and release the foot brake.  The car should remain stationary for a couple of seconds, and then start to roll back as the HCC releases (that's why I said find a quiet stretch of road!)

If your car doesn't behave that way then it's possible that the HHC setting was not applied in the factory, which would be a warranty repair IMO.

Thanks for the replays folks I have tried it on a few steep hills no good as its a dsg I thought it would have it set up .i rang the service dept at Capitol Skoda Newport but all they could say is we can book it in the workshop .or you could speak to a sales man .i have a mate that works for Skoda assist with the AA I have txt him the vin to check but no news as yet .as I said my basic 63 plate RAC van has hhc .i will look into it a bit more

Cheers

Cheers

i have a mate that works for Skoda assist with the AA I have txt him the vin to check but no news as yet .as I said my basic 63 plate RAC van has hhc .i will look into it a bit more

Skoda Assist used to be done by the RAC. Has it moved to the AA?

My off road button ;) 

Del

How does the 4x4 fair off road then? Does it have greater ground clearance or just some additional terrain response style electrickery?

My off road button ;)

How does the 4x4 fair off road then? Does it have greater ground clearance or just some additional terrain response style electrickery?

Exactly the same ground clearance but it does have the Haldex clutch system plus various electronic bits as described fairly well in the Skoda Yeti sales brochure. Best of all, it does actually work!

• Like 1