Staging "needle sweep"

R1chard

I was having a few things activated on my monte yesterday and wanted staging done but VCDS said it was unavailable ?

I've read people saying it can and can't be done but does anyone with a 2013 (63) car with full maxi dot have this activated?

Thanks

I've read some have had it done and some can't have it done.

I've had the doors unlock on one button press, lock/unlock beep and the large mph readout on the maxi.

Genuine Ross tech VCDS was used and numerous attempts to activate staging and each time it said it was unavailable :(

Well my 2013 SE with MFD has it activated

A guy on here did it for me. His mrs has a basic S and shes got it on hers too.

Thanks, I'm gonna give the indicator celebration a go and see what happens

My 2013 Tech was the same - staging unavailable (I think that's reserved for the RS as they have slightly different clocks but could very well be wrong) but could be activated under "Celebration".

Sometimes I don't notice it, but on cold mornings it's quite cool to watch as I wait for the glow plug light.

• Like 1

Once people have this enabled do they actually look at it when the start the car up,

or just get in and fire it up and go?

Always notice it but don't 'watch' for it. Friends have noticed it though and thought it was pretty cool. Also the big mph is always commented on.

My 2013 tech was straight forward, it was in the instruments - 17, adaptions - 10.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My 2013 Tech was the same - staging unavailable (I think that's reserved for the RS as they have slightly different clocks but could very well be wrong) but could be activated under "Celebration".

Sometimes I don't notice it, but on cold mornings it's quite cool to watch as I wait for the glow plug light.

Excellent, good to know that it's activated under celebration thank you

Thought of the day.

Maybe for those twincharger owners that just unlock and get in, the fuel pump primes, and you put on your seat belt,

key in and start the car, and no rough idle.

But na, makes no difference really.  Does it?

Start car, rpm is at 1,100, drops to 800 but then you only notice if paying attention and bothering to look, 

Start and go is often good enough.

Watching light checks and needle sweeps is fair enough i suppose.

Edited by goneoffSKi

What is the technical report about,  

to tell Skoda UK of their lack of understanding of the vehicles they work on and they are full of guff.?

• Like 2

I had a similar response from my dealer in fact it was more of a shrug of shoulders and a grunt.. Just a quick question as my Monte is just 1 year old would any of these mods affect the warranty? Cheers.