Staging "needle sweep"

R1chard

Is the Carista app safe to use? It won't wipe the car or anything?

It shouldn't do, it will only do what you tell it to. It's very limited in the fact that it only really gets into a few basic tweaks, it's not designed to read/show/change important things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It shouldn't do, it will only do what you tell it to. It's very limited in the fact that it only really gets into a few basic tweaks, it's not designed to read/show/change important things.

Are we thinking the official Carista OBD is best?

Edited by jjwinston

What's the needle sweep for?

Functionally absolutely nothing, it's just a play thing. When you turn the ignition to 'on' the needles go through their full range of movement and back again, takes about 1.5 seconds but makes me smile.

• Like 1

Functionally absolutely nothing, it's just a play thing. When you turn the ignition to 'on' the needles go through their full range of movement and back again, takes about 1.5 seconds but makes me smile.

Too right.

I watch it every time.

Small minds maybe :D

• Like 1

Is the Carista app safe to use? It won't wipe the car or anything? 

Who knows? people have run into hacked versions of VCDS causing serious (expensive) problems.

Sorry Lee I'm not near you, would easily have done it for a can of coke!

The dongle arrived today, I bought a mini one so if I decide to get the torque app I can leave it connected and put the cover back on. Connected to the carista app perfectly, told me the customisations available specific to my car before I paid for the pro version and then did everything I wanted. Very happy!

Will it work on a 2011 model with the green led

The carista website says it does the Fabia 2011 onwards so it's a case of "suck it and see" it will only cost you the price of a dongle as the app will check the options before you upgrade to the paid version.

The dongle arrived today, I bought a mini one so if I decide to get the torque app I can leave it connected and put the cover back on. Connected to the carista app perfectly, told me the customisations available specific to my car before I paid for the pro version and then did everything I wanted. Very happy!

What dongle did you buy in the end jon and is it one that works with the iPhone?

I bought this one...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111706812531&globalID=EBAY-GB

Works on my iPad so it will work on the iPhone using the Carista app.

Also, I answered my own question after a bit of googling. The torque app on my android phone has a setting to switch between wifi and Bluetooth, it doesn't make that clear in the Play store.

So, this Dongle works with Apple and Android as described in the item listing. Delivery was really quick. Ordered it Sunday night and it arrived this morning.

• Like 1

I bought this one...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111706812531&globalID=EBAY-GB

Works on my iPad so it will work on the iPhone using the Carista app.

Also, I answered my own question after a bit of googling. The torque app on my android phone has a setting to switch between wifi and Bluetooth, it doesn't make that clear in the Play store.

So, this Dongle works with Apple and Android as described in the item listing. Delivery was really quick. Ordered it Sunday night and it arrived this morning.

Thanks Jon have you tried using the App yet and is it £15.00 to access all of the Fabia 2 "modifications"? 

It's £15 to change the mods, you can check faults for free and you can see a list of potential mods for free. To clear codes or make changes its £15. I did everything I wanted to do this morning. It only took me 10 minutes, I was gutted, I wanted to have to figure stuff out and work at it but a someone from Arnold Clark could have used the app without problem.

If you are unsure then I can send you an email of all the mods available when I connected up. The app lets you email all you settings, it's pretty good. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you tonight.

• Like 1

It's £15 to change the mods, you can check faults for free and you can see a list of potential mods for free. To clear codes or make changes its £15. I did everything I wanted to do this morning. It only took me 10 minutes, I was gutted, I wanted to have to figure stuff out and work at it but a someone from Arnold Clark could have used the app without problem.

If you are unsure then I can send you an email of all the mods available when I connected up. The app lets you email all you settings, it's pretty good. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you tonight.

Great thank you PM sent :)

• Like 1

thank you
  • Like 1