My 2007 2.5 TDI

iob

Seeing the post from @Padraic123 got me feeling a bit nostalgic regarding my old barge and couldn't refrain from posting few pics as well, along with a short description:

- 6 spd manual

- leather/alcantara interior

- new badges back/front

- 17" BBS CF alloy rims 

- OBD re-mapped 163 => 200 bhp

post-105349-0-09148700-1423596446_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-58764900-1423596443_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-73029800-1423596447_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-88440700-1423596448_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-48222700-1423596449_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys for your thoughts/appreciations.

Maybe the rims are a bit too sporty for this type of car, but I always liked this model, the polished/black combination I think fits with the car and I got a good package-discount buying the set fitted with the Dunlop Sport tyres.

Still got the 16" original alloy wheels, use them fitted with winter tyres (I never liked the model, too many spokes for my taste).

@MilanM: Know what you mean with Burago, I still have some Ferrari's left since I was a kid...[emoji4]

With the badges, it's quite simple, at least in my case: the original-green ones have a rubbish design which degrade very much in time (plastic cover exfoliates and the emblem fades in color). The new badges look nicer in my opinion, especially if the car is black - so it was a no-brainer when the old ones looked at their worst.

BTW, special thanks to briskoda for sharing what type/size of badge to look for at the stealer. Did it also with the 16" wheel caps.

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

Did you notice a lot of difference with the remap to 200 bhp?

Have often considered doing it but am a bit wary of changing as it seems pretty perfect to me as it is. Plenty of torque below 2,000 and smooth, linear power above.

Did that in 2009 (car had 30 k km back then, just at the end of guarantee ) and most definitely you feel the difference.

What I remember noticing immediately was that you get at higher speeds (quicker) at the same previous rpm (somehow longer shifts than previously, at least with the manual 1st and 2nd were very short). Also you notice an increase in torque, although it is not needed, as you rightly put it.

Locally we have several tuning companies, but only a couple of them provided long-term reliable remappings, with lots of good and old reviews. Did 3 cars in the family with one of them, never had any reliability issues.

I guess the main reason why I did this with the Superb was to get "longer" gear shifts. And, of course, because there is never enough power. Or torque... [emoji2]

Hehehe you didnt understand me.

I was very much first and replaced old badges and put new ones. I tought on rear right side bagde-where its written Superb and 1.9 or 2.5 TDI.

I just dont get point why all people do this?

A, right...got it now... :)

I can't say for the rest of the members that did this, but in my case after repainting my boot lid (found it scratched in the car parking), I just felt it looked better without them. 

• Like 2

Thanks mate, I tried... [emoji5]

You know, it's funny - I was just thinking about installing some B6 shocks this summer, keeping the original springs, without lowering it (totally impractical for our roads)...

Edited by iob