OutlawKens vrs mk1

OutlawKen

Wheels look great at,last in your photos anyhow. Are your front indicators smoked or had their insides sprayed with black chrome? Look good but need your head lights to match me thinks!

Wheels look great at,last in your photos anyhow. Are your front indicators smoked or had their insides sprayed with black chrome? Look good but need your head lights to match me thinks!

Its fly eye, the headlights were the same when I got it but I took it off as was to dark, I wanna redo it all with film eventually but gonna hit the whole front end in one go as it needs a new front panel to finish the work the previous owner did to try re align the front end as he got after it was bodged together after a accident. Plans r black the grille and plastic mesh it, wide mouth, cupra splitter and milotec side vents and colour code the rub strip. I no thats not exactly new but these cars look so much meaner with those mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Now for something abit different

SAM_1199.jpg

Was so proud to take my mate and his best man and son to his wedding saturday, the ribbon and bow had to be done, most badass wedding car to rock kent me thinks

• Like 2

Got my miltek downpipe welded last friday as I got it cheap with the flange cracked, had the guy put a new lambda boss on for the rear sensor, small issue in that he did it wrong and the sensor points straight up into the tunnel touching the heat shield!!! 2 options, leave it until I map it out or get a 45 degree mount for it and fit a new sensor as management light came on today so it could have worn through the wires but il scan it. Anyway also fitted a 2.5" blue flame system I bought from the forum, suprised how its only a tiny bit louder, may get a non res centre at some point.

More importantly what a difference to the drive, its smoother, less hesitant and the boost is there much quicker and upto full boost much quicker too, well before the eml came on doh!

• 3 weeks later...

New rear lambda with 90 degree elbow fitted today, the old sensor had pushed a hole in the heat shield which is no good! Got the sensor for £35 from euros with a bank holiday savings code so happy with that. Found that the clamp between the downpipe and mid section was blowing bad and the bolt was threaded so off with that and a new nut and bolt robbed out the odd and sods draw at work put in place with some exhaust gum and for the first time since buying it I have no exhaust blows! Seems really weird and quiet now even though its a 2.5" blue flame. Engines loving it, so much torque compared with the standard downpipe.

Next on list is coilovers to get it sitting better then hope to finally mock up and fit the intercooler I bought over a year ago! Oh the joys. Hoping to get tunnel vids tonight so keep eyes pealed.

Did anyone ask for vid of a octy playing childish noises in the dartford tunnel? No! Dont care heres one anyway

Main reason why I dont sell up for another rwd car, this makes me smile everyday.

Edited by OutlawKen

• 1 month later...

Little update, got a genuine octavia centre arm rest off eBay and these things are so good i fitted it on me lunch break! Has made the car more comfortable. Got a forge map sensor pipe on its way so will be mocking up and fitting my front mount soon.

Before that tho I have a set of fk street coilovers on order and poly top mounts coming il have on by weekend, photos will follow.

Also got myself a vcds laptop thats also got delphi and wurth diagnostics on it and the list of issues with my car now includes 3 door mechs and a aircon pressure sensor and flap. If anyones after a scan near me give me a shout, will be attempting some adaptions soon when I get brave enough

• Like 1

Im getting power flex standard height ones from venom. They do a 10mm lower version but its more money and on coilovers I dont see the point. Im guessing my cars never had new top mounts so thought best change them while im there.

• 2 weeks later...

Pic time, couple from brands and me new exhaust and arm rest. Paint dont look to bad considering its not been polished since I bought it as it needs painting but mechanicals come first, coilovers still have not arrived!!! Not happy

20160621_190117.jpg

20160621_190144.jpg

20160621_190208.jpg

Will have a slight change of plans tho as me and the misses are expecting a little un come the 28th December, finally gonna put the rear doors to use and get them addicted to boost!!

Edited by OutlawKen

• 4 weeks later...

Photo0234.jpg

Photo0233.jpg

Coilovers on with poly front top mounts and new bearings. Still letting it all settle in and didnt have time to adjust it all last night having started work at 8am, finished at 6pm and got the car straight on a ramp and got home at 12! Not bad until I realised I was in work at 7 today! Front end is lop sided and rear needs to come up abit. Need to change my front 3mm spacers to 5mm for piece of mind as the spring purches are very close to alloys! Have developed a grinding noise too which I thought maybe the alloys hitting but it isnt so thinking maybe the drive shafts are unhappy at the angle they have found themselves. Also not to keen on how low the sub frame is now but il get it all adjusted nicely with some miles on it. Handles so nice now the weight transfer to the rear has been cut. Happy lad.

Thinking of outing the wheels tho for the pro race 1.2s I have always wanted but do I go 17 or 18" considering its a daily track drag all rounder im trying to craft

• Like 1

I'd go 17's, I want some pro race 1.2's too....... but then I have just bought 18's to use as my winter wheels! lol....

I think 17s for track use, I have a real hatred for arch gaps as my old fiesta and 3 series show and you just cant get the front low enough so I may need 19s for daily use lol. Done nearly 200 miles this weekend and the springs have dropped a little meaning my driveshaft is now rubbing the pancake pipe so needs lifting a few mm. The backs dropped lower than the old springs and needs to rise a little, issue being is the platforms are already nearly fully wound out, got 10mm left if im lucky.

So happy how it handles now, no more sea sickness lol (it werent that bad really).

Have completely lost the indicators now though! Worked on the way to see my friend whos 85 miles away, nothing on the way back but I no its the hazard switch as she flashes when locking and you can hear the relay click once when I try the stalks, hope its not to expensive from tps as paydays not quite here yet

So not a common problem but the next one occurred today at 5,45 this morning! Nsf wheel came off, had 1 nut hanging out the wheel, found 2 completely shredded down the road and lost 2 and a spacer! Wings hanging off at bottom and bent and the wheels picked up some damage but might get away with it if its straight. Lucky the car stopped on the wheel so body and sub frame didnt hit the floor. Managed to put the spare on with a bolt off each wheel and gingerly drive 4 miles to work. Have ordered a fairly cool solution that hopefully will turn up tomo if not il be on the phone again for more bolts, annoyingly I have 10 bolts in my garage but its 40 miles away!

Il take some photos tomo as I have really old nokia with rubbish camera. Front bolts are (were lol) standard length which on a 3mm spacer is ok, rears are longer on 8mm spacer. Gonna put 5mm on the front tho just to get a tiny bit more clearance on the coilover platform. The wings better today as I use the wheel brace to straighten it out, the car came with another wing as the one on was damaged already but its got light rust so never fitted it. Oddly the damage is the same so its possible the cars lost a wheel before so gonna get a hub. Cars driving straight tho so im glad the wheel caught the brake disc and not the floor.

With my tail between my legs if im honest I should have re tighted the bolts after doing my coils, wont happen again!

Edited by OutlawKen

So up on the ramp today to sort my hubs out with a tasty little mod.

The damage from the wheel departure.

photo0243.jpg

photo0242.jpg

Luckily theres no under side damage at all which I'm very please about.

So fitted these today

photo0246.jpg

photo0249.jpg

Looking good, dont really suit these wheels but new ones when I get some it will very very muchly

photo0250.jpg

photo0251.jpg

• Like 1