GENUINE CENTRE ARMREST MK1 Fabia

• 2 weeks later...

That would explain why I've not been able to locate one on part finder :) cheers.

Hi,

Have u tried to fit the MK4 golf arm rest in. If so how does it look.

Can i please have some pics to see it. As i am interested to try this myself. 

Thank you :)

I have one for sale if your interested, purchased it from a fellow briskodian but my car already came with one fitted (didn't say it on description when purchasing the car).

(Arm rest is no longer for sale)

• Like 1

Aye, never know what to do with my left arm on motorways or dual carriage ways :S

Hopefully I can get the UK mk 4 golf one fitted once it arrives. I'll post  pics of it fitted if I manage, in around 2 weeks time as I'm pretty busy with work at the mo.

• Like 2

Aye, never know what to do with my left arm on motorways or dual carriage ways :S

Hopefully I can get the UK mk 4 golf one fitted once it arrives. I'll post  pics of it fitted if I manage, in around 2 weeks time as I'm pretty busy with work at the mo.

Hi I am intrests as well in fitting an armrest, please let me know how it goes

I've had the golf armrest fitted before and if I'm honest i hated it.  It was never that secure, after all the standard way people have been doing it is to screw it into the plastic centre which was alway wobbly and creaky.  Im currently in the process of making an adaptor mount like the one posted in the link by SkUG.  That looks easy to make as an it will be bolted to the actual car should be super solid.  Result.

• Like 1

I've had the golf armrest fitted before and if I'm honest i hated it. It was never that secure, after all the standard way people have been doing it is to screw it into the plastic centre which was alway wobbly and creaky. Im currently in the process of making an adaptor mount like the one posted in the link by SkUG. That looks easy to make as an it will be bolted to the actual car should be super solid. Result.

I too have a mk4 golf armrest in waiting to be fitted. But I can't decide wether to install it or not... I'd be going for the four self tapper into the centre console method too. But am worried about creaks and it being unstable.

JRJG

if your not gonna fit it... I'll buy it... looking for a decent one to fit to mine in the near future. Dont drive often enough to worry about creeking and instability. 

Here are some pictures of the arm rest, it just arrived today courtesy of fabianski47vrs.

IMG_4815_zpslj97zv6u.jpg

IMG_4816_zpspfq9zcl8.jpg

IMG_4817_zpsie2wwqjj.jpg

looks and feels sturdy. I hope i can fit it somewhere solid, almost certain the cup holder behind the handbrake will be cut out making a hole for it to be screwed into the actual chassis of the car. 

Edited by Isaacsjames
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...