GENUINE CENTRE ARMREST MK1 Fabia

• 5 weeks later...

So were those hole points already in the chasis and you made the brackets to line up with them.

Did the centre console require some cutting or does the arm rest come out of the detachable tray where you asjust the handbrake cables?

Gotta cut the useless cup holder out

The bolts that are in place are to hold the handbrake (remember to chock your car when removing the bolts as handbrake needs to be off) ideally you want to extend them all (the kit only supplies one extension so I made another) to get full purchase on the nuts

if memory serves correct, I think i used chalk on the nubbins on the floor to help locate it, failing that you can always elongate the holes :)

The most recent pictures I posted are not my car or bracket. They are the model im using.

I have the brackets made and fitted to the armrest but I havent lifted the center console yet so im unsure if I will need to drill any holes into the chassis etc. I will fill you in once its in (in a week or 2).

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note about the one posted by MattH in the above link. They are now fabric covered as the keatherette was discolouring and coming off. It's still advertised as leather so i bought one and had a fabric one sent to me.

I'm currently trying to get my money back

Tried and failed, the bracket needs more tinkering and I've lost the drive to finish it off, which is a shame as it would have looked good once fitted.

If anyone is interested in the bracket and armrest and feels they can make the final adjustments PM me.

IMG_7064_zpsg0wfifsd.jpg

IMG_7066_zpsmp6eflrh.jpg

Edited by Isaacsjames

It does take a fair bit of tinkering doesn't it! I've finished my first bracket off, making another 3 to sell on with the surplus. Nearly done, just a couple more holes and smoothing on the smaller brackets needed then done. Don't think it's something I'll be making a habit of.

Be-Jezus, i never would of thought a simple armrest would of caused such trouble. My 06 1.9TDI Elegance came with it when i bought it new, i love mine and use it all the time when driving but with thsi much hassle i don't think i would bother trying to retro fit one.