Earthing point under dash

Hi there,

Sorry my first post is asking a question but I am trying to help my father in law. He has a 2013 Rapid 1.6 diesel. I am adding 2 extra switch positive feeds from the fuse box using the VW repair wires, this is easy enough, so that I can add an in car CCTV camera. What I can't seem to see without possibly taking lots of the dash apart is where do I put an earth wire to.

Can someone please help me.

Cheers

Edited by BRABUS

There's a screw directly under the fuse box to the right of the fuses which goes into chassis metal - that's where I attached mine for my sat nav power. It's very accessible.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 2015-2-14 at 20:22, BRABUS said:

Many thanks for that, I would never have thought to try that screw as an earth. I am afraid my experience of VAG stuff is limited to my 71 beetle and Polo 6N's.

And need a mirror to see it!
Thanks ChrisGreen. 

Thanks. I saw an imageof that. Couldn't figure out how to pry it open! Used a long tie wrap to feed wire through?
Stuffed the inverter in behind the fuse cover!
   Guessed which empty fuse to use, struck lucky! All now working.
Even managed to feed the wire behind the fascia stuff, all the way to the mirror!
 Quite chuffed.

1 hour ago, pe2dave said:

Thanks. I saw an imageof that. Couldn't figure out how to pry it open! Used a long tie wrap to feed wire through?
Stuffed the inverter in behind the fuse cover!
   Guessed which empty fuse to use, struck lucky! All now working.
Even managed to feed the wire behind the fascia stuff, all the way to the mirror!
 Quite chuffed.

Big flat blade in the top near the windscreen and pop the first clip there then work your way around. There's 4 clips hold it. Fairly easy to do and there's a nice big bolt back there that's perfect. Nice and hidden this way. 

• Like 1