Hyundai's new Yeti competitor: the new iX35 (néé Tucson)

Just for you Johann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tpcTghSQQc

Fin

Ah thanks for that. Good video.  And the opening sunroof clearly visible :)

10974342_10152505890646324_2427565947936

10842295_10152505881521324_3916605533347

1801329_10152505893621324_71629031298722

10923735_10152505895371324_1174698040050

What's also clear is that it seems to have TWO pairs of DRLs. The headlights have ones at the top and then at the bottom there's two more.

Also spotted is a heated front windscreen button!

• Like 1

Brown leather?

Following the Yeti lead?

I think those seats are more ROUGE Graham - they just look brown in those screenshots I took.

hyundai-tucson-interior-salpicadero.3174

What's also clear is that it seems to have TWO pairs of DRLs. The headlights have ones at the top and then at the bottom there's two more.

I thought that too but I think the upper strips in the headlights are sidelights.

Most (although I appreciate not all) of the video shows the rear lights turned on.

There are a number of KIA and Hyundai models (Ce_ed and i30) today where the DRL's don't dim or extinguish when the sidelights are on, but do with dipped headlights, not sure how they get around the legislation though!

What's an R36?

As the previous two replies weren't the answers you were looking for, George, I'll spill the beans as best I can....

It's a VW Pasat but not as you know it.   

V6 3.6 petrol, Allmotion 4wheel drive, DSG transmission only, saloon or estate, made round about 2008 - 2010.

Bit of a beast I suppose you'd say.  If you like that sort of thing.

I'm sure someone will correct any inaccuracies and/or add more for your delight and delectation, someone on the site has one.  But maybe not on the Yeti forum :-)

• Like 3

Looks very like a Kuga or XC60.

That is until the bloke stands by it and it shrinks somewhat.

I quite like it although it could be doing with being made a bit more rugged looking.

Otherwise what is the point of a 4x4?

I love our Yeti and this competitor fails (for me) in the same way many others do. The depth and height behind the front seats is insufficient for our needs. With large dogs and family the box like shape of the Yeti is ideal. Yes the Yeti may be dated in some respects but I have seen very few cars which can quite match its versatility and our requirements in quite the same was as a Yeti.

• Like 1

As the previous two replies weren't the answers you were looking for, George, I'll spill the beans as best I can....

It's a VW Pasat but not as you know it.   

V6 3.6 petrol, Allmotion 4wheel drive, DSG transmission only, saloon or estate, made round about 2008 - 2010.

Bit of a beast I suppose you'd say.  If you like that sort of thing.

I'm sure someone will correct any inaccuracies and/or add more for your delight and delectation, someone on the site has one.  But maybe not on the Yeti forum :-)

Ah! Cheers! Both to you OldStan, and t'others who have enlightened this ignoramus. And now that I know what it is/was/could've been I have to say, now, with hindsight, that I am really not interested!! One of those vee-hickles that makes me go y-a-w-n! (Probably out of envy!!)

George

PS - nothing changes on here, does it?! It's good, tho'!

• Like 1