New Superb...

MilanM

Ok, people I want to hear opinion from members who have Mk1 what they think about new Superb?

Actually I like new front look, rear to much like Audi A6-not bad but meh, interior-biggest disapoitmant...:/

Skoda chairman said that:"They wont fight with VW, just Opel Insignia...." In my honest opinion, after Mk1 there is no good replacment....maybe Mazda 6 2014.

Whats your toughts?

post-60223-0-00957600-1424208426_thumb.jpg

post-60223-0-92235500-1424208472_thumb.jpg

I think I saw similar topic already opened a while ago on this forum, but you put a different angle on it (owners of Mk1), so here I go:

Design-wise I think it's a progress from Mk2 (both versions - original and facelift), front is much better looking, neat, although a mix of Seat (headlights) and WW (lower half); only the front grill reminds somehow of the Mk1 (I like the new chrome insertions in the fins)

Sides - Passat with a twist of Octavia on the back doors

Back - Agree with you, they borrowed from A6, but I prefer it to the failures from Mk2

Interior - Sobre, boring, but somehow in tune with the policy of VAG for this class - I don't mind, as this is no hatchback, it should look somehow conservative...

Regarding the engine range I don't have many things to say, except I would eliminate the underpowered versions from the offer of this class (like the 1.4 and even the 1.6). They belong in the smaller class...

All in all, I would say it's a progress from Mk2, but it lacks originality, it's like a mix made from the other brands of the VAG Group. Mind you, this is only my subjective opinion.

Maybe some more photos will help:

post-105349-0-00184100-1424258862_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-54999100-1424258862_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-05068000-1424258863_thumb.jpg

post-105349-0-78307200-1424258889_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like it a lot. The Mark II looked a bit weird IMO, the twin door that is, the estate always looked good.

This new one looks very sleek though, and I'd love to see the V6 version with twin tailpipes, if they still do it? B)

If you're in the market for an attractive executive saloon you could do a lot worse.

• Like 1

Agree with  both of you...but what you think about price?

Its not cheap, if my sourses correct, and that was one big plus for Superb.

All in all, IMHO better than Mk2, not enough to replace my Mk1, but maybe I will change opinion when I drove her.

Also for me big disapotment is they didnt bring something new, like neon strips in interior*(from Audi A8) and bigger wheels. Today 16'' are just small....all in all, they didnt bring some x factor(like on Mk1-big space "cheap" car.

I hope so you understand me, why Im disapointed.

Unfortunately there are no more V6 versions - petrol or diesel. They will release only L4, 1.4 - 2.0 litres (148 - 187 - 276 bhp). The nasty 276 bhp is the same patrol engine used in the Seat Leon Cupra.

Price-wise ranged between £20,000 to £35,000 (source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/superb/89862/new-skoda-superb-2015-official-pictures-and-full-details), so quite more expensive than the Mk2. If the price range will be confirmed upon release in June, I think a lot of people will be disappointed.

Most likely the diesel of choice (2.0L - 187 bhp) coupled with DSG and some trinkets added will go around ~ 28-30000 GBP. For this kind of money one can take into consideration the new Passat with the same engine that looks much better in my opinion than the older model (I know in fact someone who ordered one here for ~ 25500 GBP with a lot of options added). Or, if you fancy the Mk2, soon will be a good time to buy the last ones on stock at a good price...

• Like 1

I also like the new Mazda 6, but here the Japanese cars are more expensive than the German ones (comparable classes).

That is why I didn't make the comparison, but by all means, if prices are similar in other countries, Japanese cars are serious competitors, at least in terms of reliability, performance and reputation...

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just bought a Mazda 6 2.0 TS2 today :)

01812BB9-D98E-4628-9DE8-3295B79146D2_zps

I pick it up on Wednesday and my much-loved Mark I Superb will be finding a new owner.

I've been looking for an estate for ages and on a limited budget so this was perfect. Full 12-month warranty, 12-month AA breakdown cover, full service and 12-month MOT and they gave me a pretty good trade in on the Superb.

I'm looking forward to turning Japanese ;)

• Like 2

Nice one!

If it's not too much to tell, what was the Superb appraised for in the trade?

Here the value for the 2.5 engine is rubbish, due to the high taxes, I got some stupid values upon appraisal last year, trying to do a trade in, so I gave up...

I have a some friends, owners of Japanese cars and they're very happy with them. So, if your eyes already started to shrink, you know you turned already... [emoji12] [emoji3]

Edited by iob
  • Like 1

You did well my friend. Mazda 6 is realy good car, I want you many happy km with her!!

Altough it is a bit of upset, because old members and owners Mk1 on this forum selling their cars and leave....

It is also interesting how a big portion of MK1 owners also consider same brand and models as potential mk1 replacements. I suppose we are all people valuing similar qualities in a car, and we all know the mk1 has some remarkable qualities. I, too, was looking at Mazda6. Is the Diesel engine actually made by Mazda or is it a Ford? Are te DPF problems of the previous generation eliminated?

• Like 1

It is also interesting how a big portion of MK1 owners also consider same brand and models as potential mk1 replacements. I suppose we are all people valuing similar qualities in a car, and we all know the mk1 has some remarkable qualities. I, too, was looking at Mazda6. Is the Diesel engine actually made by Mazda or is it a Ford? Are te DPF problems of the previous generation eliminated?

The reason I went for a petrol was because of the DPF problems and the limited mileage I do. And I believe the new engines are improved, but still not foolproof. Not sure if Ford do make the new units?

Of all the estates I was looking at, the Octavia vRS was my ideal, but there wasn't a sniff within 200 miles of me and they all seemed to command strong prices for high-mileage versions. So the Mazda 6 was the next best fit, with decent space and spec for reasonable money. I think it looks pretty tidy too.

I guess I'll have to live with it for a while before I can judge. I know I'm going to miss the diesel torque on the motorway, but you can't have everything  :p

I just noticed it's a petrol version. Still nice, but...

I'm with oh_superb on this one, diesel all the way...[emoji41]

Petrol or diesel, nice chooice..:)

Actually I drove Mazda 6 and it was petrol...nice one( for city especially).

All in all, I can close one eye on petrol(also like diesel much more), but I give advantage on manual transimision. I hate automatics :)

I quite like the MK3 and have owned in order:

2004 MKI Superb Comfort PD130 (owned for 3 ½ years)

2010 MKII Superb Elegance estate 170CR - remapped to 200 bhp (again owned for 3 ½ years)

2006 MK1 Superb Edition 100 PD130 (owned currently for 9 months)

The MKII is a big improvement over the MKI (but the twin hatch saloon is ugly IMO and I for one would never own one) the MK3 already looks nice, the estate will look even better.

Unfortunately as has been seen with the MK3 Octavia, Škoda are no longer a cheap car, cheaper than VW and Audi yes, but certainly not cheap.

• Like 1

I changed jobs meaning my mileage went dramatically down from about 400 miles to just 30 - 50 miles per week, the car now sits in a secure yard all week now and simply does the 15 mile commute to and from work once a week.

It seemed sacrilege to have such a nice high spec (not to mention price) car sitting there depreciating and not being driven.

• Like 2