Another Yeti Rival?

CFB

2015-Jeep-Renegade-Latitude-and-Trailhaw

Exactly the same dimensions as a yeti, within an inch.

Saw one in the flesh over the weekend and I actually quite like it.

It looks a bit quirky and different, as the yeti did in Mk1 guise.

Good specs and similar pricing too.

Johann, what d'ya think?

My parents are looking at getting one (despite me singing the praises of the Yeti!).  Seems like good VFM but I still associate Jeep with 3rd world interior design.

Edited by weasley

I saw it in real at the Brussels car-expo. It is nice but I did not fall in love with it. To my eyes it looks very much as a urban car, like the Nissan Yuke if you like. At least this is the feeling I got.

Anyhow I would expect it to cost more than the Yeti with the same specs.

Andrea

Good specs and similar pricing too.
Johann, what d'ya think?

Been there done that!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307439-a-baby-jeep-from-jeep-juke-sized/

It's grown on me. When I saw it at the motor show in Geneva I really liked it.

Another Yeti rival that's just been removed for me is the Honda HRV.

I was hoping for a 168bhp diesel 4x4.

Apparently the UK is only getting 2 wheel drive in 118 bhp diesel or 125 bhp petrol .

A good alternative to a Greenline perhaps?

• Like 1

Another Yeti rival that's just been removed for me is the Honda HRV.

I was hoping for a 168bhp diesel 4x4.

Apparently the UK is only getting 2 wheel drive in 118 bhp diesel or 125 bhp petrol .

A good alternative to a Greenline perhaps?

Yup the Honda is squarely aimed at the 2wd Juke class.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/honda-reveals-more-details-about-geneva.html

It is growing on me in terms of looks. Also has one of Honda's best interiors of late. Since they started going "we as designers are all drunk when we scatter the buttons" approach started on the previous Civic. I think the HR-V will do very well.

The little Jeep has a broader range of engines and the top ones have 4x4 and similar power to a 170 Yeti. So finally a smaller than a QQ class car (like the Yeti) with decent power.

Been there done that!http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307439-a-baby-jeep-from-jeep-juke-sized/

It's grown on me. When I saw it at the motor show in Geneva I really liked it.

I'd have been surprised if you hadn't. :)

It's the square rear that made me take a 2nd look.

I don't think it will ever be as popular as the Yeti though ?

As for the interior, it may be a bit in your face but i could live with one of the less colourful designs.

jeep%20renegade%2011.jpg

I'd have been surprised if you hadn't. :)

It's the square rear that made me take a 2nd look.

I don't think it will ever be as popular as the Yeti though ?

As for the interior, it may be a bit in your face but i could live with one of the less colourful designs.

It is indeed the only other crossover that has an upright rear like the Yeti. So on many levels it is the only real Yeti rival. Chrysler's interiors have moved up in quality in leaps and bounds in recently years and this one was fine in my book - not with that Brimma gold interior though - but I suspect he'd LOVE a black Jeep Renegade with that JPS interior!  :)

Looks similar to a Kia Soul. Nice to see round headlights. They might actually work well unlike these modern ever smaller rectangular things we have now.

Mmmm....Allegro Brown seats as well. :p

Yeah, but you never got leather in an Allegro. :)

I'd prefer to think of the interior accents as bronze.

I economy if there was a silver/brushed aluminium option, it would work better for us oldies :D

Yeah, but you never got leather in an Allegro. :)

I'd prefer to think of the interior accents as bronze.

I economy if there was a silver/brushed aluminium option, it would work better for us oldies :D

There you go:

2015_jeep_renegade_interior_dash.jpg

But how about this disaster with "grubby from day 3" WHITE seats and a brown steering wheel:

2015-jeep-renegade-limited-interior.jpg

Jeep-6.jpg

Hey, bilun777, I'm old enough to have run Allegros on my Kenning Car Hire fleet. Had them since launch.

Didn't have the Vanden Plas model which DID have leather, walnut and little folding tables on the back of the front seats. The 70s, I was there and can remember it!

The dealerships are keen. Filled in the form to get a brochure - more out of curiosity than any plans to change - and got a phone call from Arnold Clark in Leeds this morning! I quite like the look of the car, and at least orange is an option; I'm still annoyed with SUK for dropping Tangerine just before I ordered mine.

Keen dealerships before the poor reviews come in.  Will still be low build quality.  I can't see how jeep can come close to VAG standards.  I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

UNBIASED reviews already in.   2/5

"In front-wheel drive form it's neither as good to drive as a Skoda Yeti, nor as comfortable or refined as a Nissan Qashqai. Furthermore, it isn't as spacious, or practical, or efficient as either of those rivals.

Until we've tried the rest of the range - or if Jeep can match the price of the Renegade against some more affordable competition - then it's difficult to recommend before the established class leaders."

Whatcar