Octavia VRS MK2 - Many questions......

Mines petrol.

Thanks for the thread link, doesnt make it clear to me if fitting to petrol is a good idea or not.

Some petrol versions had them, some not.

I fitted one to my 1.8tsi when I bought it.  reduces engine noise & speeds up the engine warm up.

Cheapest replacements are at Aliexpress

• Like 1

Some petrol versions had them, some not.

I fitted one to my 1.8tsi when I bought it.  reduces engine noise & speeds up the engine warm up.

Cheapest replacements are at Aliexpress

Have ordered now thanks. £25 from local dealer.

Hopefully my 2.0tsi doesnt over heat!

Edited by JimmyUK

Question 10:  Best glue for sticking on badges and body parts, ie eyebrows etc?

I'm thinking Tiger seal but dont need alot and most of the tube will go to waste and set hard inside itself so no re-use later.

Any other recommendations?

when you say badges do you mean the new style skoda ones or the VRS ones as they come with sticky foam on the back...

as for the eye brows i would say erm no...

Im talking about the new Skoda emblem badges for grill and on boot, dont trust the thin sticky pads they come with alone as badges were expensive.

Wouldnt use sticky pads for headlight eyebrows as water will penetrate and wind will lift. Ive used tiger seal in the past but there didnt seem a hope in hell of removing them again and with this car I will need to in the future.

Edited by JimmyUK

A tube of cheap all purpose acrylic building mastic should be OK to stick things on and come removal time is a lot easier to remove than silicone/tiger seal.

Try a bit somewhere hidden eg under bonnet and see what you think.

If you feel the tube will go to waste, try gifting it on freecycle when you're done.

Once you have seen how hard it is to remove the old badges, you won't doubt the holding ability of the ones they come with.

Oh good! Got a new grill and painted body colour so a new badge on this will be fine. Was gonna hairdry the rear badge and VRS badge and hope it eased them up? Gonna do a search now for badge removal tips.....

Edited by JimmyUK

Question 11:

What size fuse do I need for internal lights?  Currently my MK2 VRS has a 5 amp fuse = light brown which has blown but I see from this diagram linked below that maybe it should be 7.5 = dark brown?

DanialA11, on 25 Nov 2014 - 11:34, said:snapback.png

http://www.briskoda....e/?fromsearch=1

Fuse 15 is what your looking for I belive let me know if this solves your problem

BUT this diagram is not the same as my car? For example 46 is heated seats in mine, which I dont have - but there is a 5 amp fuse in it? While this diagram says its 'Heated windscreen washer nozzle'????

Question 11:

What size fuse do I need for internal lights?  Currently my MK2 VRS has a 5 amp fuse = light brown which has blown but I see from this diagram linked below that maybe it should be 7.5 = dark brown?

DanialA11, on 25 Nov 2014 - 11:34, said:snapback.png

BUT this diagram is not the same as my car? For example 46 is heated seats in mine, which I dont have - but there is a 5 amp fuse in it? While this diagram says its 'Heated windscreen washer nozzle'????

You'll probably find the fuse block diagram is mirror image to the actual fuse block.

The catch and push button is to release the headlamp unit. Have you RTFM??

Indeed.  Also use of the forum  search function

*Question 2 update:

So now I can see that while my car is not maxidot it does show the speed in km/h in the bootom right when setting off but theres no way I can change it to mph myself. I feel like Ive tryed every button combination possible?

IMG_5651_zpswe7hlu4j.jpgIMG_0582_zpsewnqbta5.png

Spoke with my local Skoda dealership and they said the KPH readout is there to conform with European laws as there is no KPH on the speedo ring.

Also, and this is not surprising really, they arent allowed to change the cars region from UK to Australia.

Edited by JimmyUK