Crank angle 8.2?

Had it checked today but ex VAG tec, he says should be adout 4 and should not affect my MPG.

Had fault code for all 4 glow plugs which I've removed and tested and are all dead, PO101 and P0299.

He said MAF, I am already waiting on new pressure converter (turbo boost controled)

Car has done nearly 210,000 miles so they could all do with replacing anyway II would think. Thinking of replacing MAP too!

Edited by bryan350lc

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your post doesn't make very much sense and it is hard to work out if there is a question in there...! :)

Those fault codes are nothing to do with the glow plugs - I don't think glow plugs throw a fault code on these engines, they just die silently. And in any case, they only help with cold starts for the first few seconds.

If you have bad MPG (not sure if this is what you are getting at?) MAF can be a cause.

By crank angle do you mean he checked the syncro angle / torsion in VCDS? I thought this (though allowed to be up to +3/-3 degrees) should be pretty close to zero. 8 sounds pretty far out.

I'm not any kind of mechanic, by the way...!

Each glow did have a seperate code.

It was a question as to wether that was an acceptable variance on what it should be, as I don't want to strip front off to check cam timing if I don't need to.

It's down as crank angle (KW in German)

It must be a newer engine than my 1.9 then, on mine I am sure they are all wired together so it can't tell which has failed. I looked through the wiring diagrams and it looks like only 1.9 BSV engine after Oct 2005 and 2.0 has the separate glow plug wiring for each plug.

If he was using VCDS to read the angle it tells you on the screen the range it should be in. My understanding is the range is much wider than the values usually reported, but perhaps someone who knows more what they are talking about will be along... :)

Mine is a March 2008 (2007 car) BPZ 115bhp, each cap has its own wire and looks like 2 wires infact, so different to the older cars. It's also got Passat wing mirrors with repeaters instead of the fitted in wing.