Question about coolant system

turnedlight

Our coolant light came on today, and the level was indeed very low. The book says either it's a leak or something's up as the level shouldn't go down.

Last autumn we had to have the dmf and clutch replaced, and the temp sensor for cabin temp. I'm wondering if the coolant system/ pump had to be disconnected in order to replace the dmf / clutch?

Of course, it started raining today and we couldn't put anything under car to check for leaks.

It's almost certain that the garage will say it's nothing to do with their previous work, and of course it might not be but I'd like to go armed with a bit of knowledge if anyone has any thoughts?

We don't think its as likely to be the pump at present because after topping up abd driving, the temp sensor has gone up to 90 degrees and stayed there, and no other light came on.

Thanks in advance..

Hi my last Yeti had to have the axillary pump replaced at 16k due to a slight weep, they noticed it when it was being serviced and the air con rad replaced, both warranty clams, only paid for the service, the coolant level had hardly moved but it could be the reason for your level drop.   

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't know as we haven't looked for a while. I wish I had.. I'm hoping to find out whether they fiddled with the relevant parts when they did their 8 hour job on the dmf/ clutch.

It could simply (hopefully) be a matter of a somewhat careless hose clip reattachment.

Obviously the rate of loss is critical and top up with coolant mix.