knock sound when realising the clutch any help?

Car is 2005 octavia 1.9 pd 105 millage on the car is just shy of 125k

Since yesterday carnt help but hear a knock sound when I bring the clutch up after changing gear does not happen setting off in 1st but will sound going into 2nd and 3rd up or down carnt really hear it in 4th

Will sound little louder if I put car into gear and coast a few seconds then realise clutch

Now I will be most Likely getting it checked on the weekend due to work but what do you think it could be as it's got me scratching my head

had same kind of sound last year on my old corolla which turned out to be an engine mount so ....

Don't sound so bad that it will stop me driving the car but just wondering if anyone had a similar experience

Dual mass flywheel? Failing DMFs can cause all sorts of strange noises and vibrations. Is your problem just a noise you can hear, or can you feel it as well?

Mike

Thanks for the reply mike I had a feeling it was that but hoping it isn't

It's just something I can hear and really sounds like 2 peices of metal just tapping each other for a split second

Ok so on the way back from work car still has the same symptoms

Only thing I can add as I was going up hill I was in 3rd gear I let off the throttle and then went back onto it and I heard a knock sound again so kept going on and off the throttle and every time I went back on could hear a knock, would this suggest flywheel ?

Rear gearbox mounting? i have a similar noise im getting on my 2.0 pd ive only ever experienced the rear mount going on a longitudinal 1.9 in my old b6 audi a4 but this sounds very similar and happens letting off the clutch

Rear gearbox mounting? i have a similar noise im getting on my 2.0 pd ive only ever experienced the rear mount going on a longitudinal 1.9 in my old b6 audi a4 but this sounds very similar and happens letting off the clutch

I think it may well be a mount as stated in original post had same issue with my corolla which was front gearbox mount

Well will get it looked at on weekend and might just get the clutch and flywheel changed to a smf anyway while it's there

• 1 month later...

Which one Danial? Was it the rubber bushes set into the aluminium "wedges" at the rear end of the wishbone arms?

Mike

Well the one they showed me,

From the front of the car on the ramp it was slightly more to the pass side to rear of subframe of I remember correctly, it was wedged into the subframe yes, mechanic also said it was a common bush to go

What is the millage on your Octy mike if you don't mind me asking, mine just hit onto 125k

Also the subframe bush was making a very load sound originally but for the past week it had died down and the nock had disappeared aswell, you could only hear it when starting or Turing of the car

I was charger £90 and my old subframe for a recondition subframe with new bushes and nice and shiny sand blasted paint :) carnt complain, have no idea what the labour was but had a total bill of just under £400 for 2 cv joints, subframe change and clutch slave cylinder

Edited by DanialA11
  • Like 1