The end of a saga.

Pouclee

Ok this has been going on for over 5 weeks and I've been without my Yeti. All start with a water leak and I suspected the sunroof.

Booked it in for the 19th January they gave me a loan car a bloody awful Chrysler Delta diesel semi auto. Needless to say 24hrs later they advised me that they were still in the process of stripping down to find the leak. I took the Delta back it was that bad, and exchanged it for a loan Rapid, much better.

The weeks past and more bits were ordered (various seals, sunroof cassette). Then eventually got the call that it would be ready a 1pm on the 12th Feb. 12.30 they phoned me to say that they weren't happy with the fit of a seal and re ordered it. 24hrs later I get the call that the car would be ready at 5pm.

Went to collect it and asked to inspect it prior to accepting it back. Apart from poor refitted trim there was a dent in the passenger door, damage to the O/S/F wing and bumper, also a mark on the rear bumper where it had been parked up against something.

Now the dealer made a point when I took the car in of taking photos of the car so they couldn't argue that the damage was there when I took it in.

I declined to have the car back and made quite clear that I was not happy to have it back at all. I left the dealer after they had filled the loan car with fuel.

On Monday the 16th I made it quite clear to the dealer that I didn't want the car back, and after a three hour meeting an acceptable offer was reached.

So tomorrow I finally hand back the loan Rapid and take delivery of a new Yeti Monte Carlo 170 DSG in red/black. It has a few factory options sat nav etc, but I have lost some toys off the L and K sunroof, leather etc, but I'm very happy with the deal.

So I'm now onto my third Yeti and after 5 weeks in a Rapid quite excited to be getting behind the wheel of a Yeti once again.