How many "NEW " Fabia vRS MK2 in Skoda UK Stock Compound, yet to be sold.

vrskeith

I'm seriously contemplating selling (my vRS Estate) and buying an octavia estate <snip>

Why?

As well as the vRS Estate you appear to own a BMW X3 and a BMW X1. I believe that you have suggested in the past that the vRS which you have owned for about four months and in which you have done 2,000 miles is a great car. What has changed?

Weird, absolutely weird!

Why?

As well as the vRS Estate you appear to own a BMW X3 and a BMW X1. I believe that you have suggested in the past that the vRS which you have owned for about four months and in which you have done 2,000 miles is a great car. What has changed?

Weird, absolutely weird!

Yep we do have an X1 - the X3 has recently been sold (endless dpf, egr and inlet manifod clogging - I'll never buy a diesel again unless my mileage changes)

The vRS IS a great car and DO love it but it does not mean it's the right choice of car for my current and forseeable needs. In addition, you will have noted that right from the off I have posted about being unable to get comfortable.

Whilst is is unusual for owners to sell their car after such a short period; I would certainly stop at describing it as 'weird' 

The Fabia vRS certainly is one of the most fun car I have driven in years and the engine is a peach - however there are other considerations and admittedly I kinda brushed them off when buying it. I literally spotted it on a Saturday morning, went in and had a drive and left a deposit and collected it on the Monday.

Edited by Wakey
  • Like 2

Wakey,

i am sitting on my Sciatic Cushion when driving the Fabia and it is a world of difference.

Good at the moment for 200-300 miles without getting out a total cripple.

No dead leg and lower back pain.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Cheers George but i have already tried one before i bought the elegance seats off brimma.

Well wbac have offered 10.5k so if i do sell its not going to be too painful and should see 11k at a private sale

If WBAC are offering that then it would be going on sale someplace with an Asking Price of over £12,000

Maybe best see what a Skoda, Seat or Independent Dealership will offer to buy it,

then they are cutting out the Middle Man ie WBAC.

Maybe more to you than the 'Private Sale' Cash you can get.

<snip> I'll never buy a diesel again unless my mileage changes <snip>

Amen to that.

About 18 months ago I was pointed in the direction of Skoda by two people who had happily owned a series of Skodas and who encouraged me to look at a diesel version for reasons of economy and torque. Another friend who used to be in R&D for a motor manufacturer has for years advised me not to buy a diesel on the basis that eventually the world would wake up to the fact that they produce masses of pollution and the problem would have to be addressed.

<snip> I literally spotted it on a Saturday morning, went in and had a drive and left a deposit and collected it on the Monday.

I do find that to be VERY weird.

"More money than sense" springs to mind.

I'm sorry if that seems harsh but I suspect most people will agree with me even if they don't say it.

Wakey,

i am sitting on my Sciatic Cushion when driving the Fabia and it is a world of difference.

Good at the moment for 200-300 miles without getting out a total cripple.

No dead leg and lower back pain.

I'm looking for a good lower back/lumbar support,after knackering my back riding my last quadbike.

Amen to that.

About 18 months ago I was pointed in the direction of Skoda by two people who had happily owned a series of Skodas and who encouraged me to look at a diesel version for reasons of economy and torque. Another friend who used to be in R&D for a motor manufacturer has for years advised me not to buy a diesel on the basis that eventually the world would wake up to the fact that they produce masses of pollution and the problem would have to be addressed.

I do find that to be VERY weird.

"More money than sense" springs to mind.

I'm sorry if that seems harsh but I suspect most people will agree with me even if they don't say it.

It's OK, don't apologise son. I don't really give a **** what you or any other person I haven't even met surmises fuku.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This was the car that a member tried to deal on but the tight fisted dealer would not budge @£15500.

So a few weeks later and a few thousand miles added the dealer now deems fit to drop the price to £12000.When the member was prepared to deal, with the support our members advice at £13000-£13500.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604791210

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

whats the deal with swapping in and out of cars.  especially with some of these nearly new registrations.

My milage is creeping up and a few items i would love like an estate version and climate.  So if i rock up and see a car say for £13k and am nearly a year into my deal, how raped do you think i would get on my june 2013 White VRS with 22k on the clock.  i put down £2400 on the car and it was £10800 and i ' have paid £160 a month since.  just wondering if its worth grabbing near 0 miler as i intend to keep for 3yrs

Maybe they want Turnover, Business,  finance deals, and welcome you and offer you the world.

More likely they treat you like a fart in a space suit.

Best thing is to lick it and see.

Probably not great.

You are wanting to change at the worst time of a finance deal, that £160 each month you are paying will have mainly gone towards the interest, therefore the amount you have actually paid off the physical car may not be that much.

Depending on what trade in they offer, you may be in negative equity that would need to be transferred onto the new car.

Probably not great.

You are wanting to change at the worst time of a finance deal, that £160 each month you are paying will have mainly gone towards the interest, therefore the amount you have actually paid off the physical car may not be that much.

Depending on what trade in they offer, you may be in negative equity that would need to be transferred onto the new car.

i might have a look, worst you can do is ask, but as it looks less and less likely a replacement VRS is coming  and even if it does it will be £20k i am resigned to keeping a VRS mk2 for next few years, i get my thrills from the civic anyway.  so origional idea was to wait till next year, but i doubt there will be any low low milers around then.

i'll have a gander and see what the deals are

• Like 2

i might have a look, worst you can do is ask, but as it looks less and less likely a replacement VRS is coming  and even if it does it will be £20k i am resigned to keeping a VRS mk2 for next few years, i get my thrills from the civic anyway.  so origional idea was to wait till next year, but i doubt there will be any low low milers around then.

Exactly,

You don't ask you don't get.

Maybe ring the finance company and ask for the settlement cost - The salesperson will want to know this anyway for crunching the numbers.

Good luck!

P.S The estate is much better than the hatch... ;-)

• Like 2

What civic u got? I was driving a type r with 543bhp it was completely mental. I have had and driven fast car and bikes but that civic was insane! It done the quarter mile at crail last month at over 140! 

It is Fact , Volkswagen Group Media Facts,.  

If it costs more, it must be Faster, Lighter, More Economic, lower emissions etc. Even a Heavier car with the same Mechanics is lighter.

Pyramid Effect,  From the Top & Descending order of bestness, Costs more goes better.

Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda Estate, Skoda Hatch

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

?

Did no Journalist or Road Tester ever say to Skoda.

*That Estate is Longer, with more space & more materials because it is bigger, so how did you manage to make it lighter than the Smaller Car?*

'We sandbagged the Hatch to be sure the Estate and Sister cars did not appear too much heavier, and so that the vRS Hatch would handle

worse than the Sister Cars / Estate & have less front end grip,  actually make its braking performance less safe !'

*That is not very green in these days of Emissions, and you have the Skoda & Seat with higher Emissions than the VW & Audi,

would you not have been better to just engineer the suspension of the Hatch Better, it would have cost less to Skoda and the Customers 

in Components, Fuel & VED ?'.

• Like 1

It's the problem with having a parent company.

It's always going to be the case, and unless Skoda becomes it's own brand and has zero affiliation with VAG, will always be the case!

They know that most punters will not even realise they are buying a lesser version of another model.

It's not exactly the worst business crime, its makes perfect sense.

You want a car that costs xx% of the equivalent VW or Audi? 

Well we'll give you xx% percent of the equivalent VW or Audi.

Not a crime, but it is a bit of German Manipulation of figures, and cheaper purchase can cost a customer more running costs.

Why would you submit your Tests for the Governments Co2 figures & have the Less Expensive car getting a Higher VED / Tax Class, your test, your figures accepted as being true and correct in most cases, and in this case.

ie Seat & Skoda higher co2 than the VW & Audi.

Then when you fit the New Engine to the Skoda & then the Seat, submit the Correct Figures on Emissions for the Seat 

but not for the Skoda.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

People did though.

They read the Motoring Journalists, watch You Tube, listen to Sales People and read the Manufacturers Brochures, 

& official Figures.

Only the Journalists do not ask the obvious questions, and the Manufactures do not tell truthful answers.

VORSPRUNGDURCH TECHNIK

Not only the Customers are not very bright, or really interested, neither are the Professional Writers.

'We lend them cars and advertise in their journals, we expect respect.'

We put them up in 5 Star Hotels and fly them around the world to the Launch of our new cars, so obviously our Media Pack is all they need to get all the relevant facts.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2