Superpro anti lift or not.?

I have a limited edition octavia cr.. I currently have a white line rare.. A bilstein b12 kit and am currently looking at upgrading the front wishbone bushes.. Is it worth getting the anti lift bushes or just the normal superpro Bush kit.. Will the antilift cause any additional tyre wear etc.. The front control arm bush kit including front and rear Bush is affordable and costs less than the antilift kit alone.. Any help appreciated

• Like 1

Thats all well and good id love to but the Bush kit front and back works out around 170 euro.. The wishbone kit is just too expensive to warrant me buying it.. I just wanted to know if the antilift is worth the extra euro.?

Complete LCAs are around 400Euro?

ALKs with the bracket are around 160-200 Euro? (without front bushes)

SuperPro bush kit is 170Euro

People that I know that have fitted an ALK have reported that they get more traction off the line but they have also said that really good tyres & lightweight wheels have done even more.

Why not just fit the non-ALK superpro bushes?  I think they are around 70 Euro & will tighten up the front end quite a bit

edit: A cheaper alloy LCA is the OEM units off the Passat - you might get some from the wreckers or even an OEM spec aftermarket replacement.

Edited by brad1.8T

Yes that's what I was thinking about just fitting the superpro front control arm bush kit.. I know the antilift kit is 160 sterling and the front Bush kit with front and rear Bush works out at 120 sterling from awesome.. I wanted to know if the antilift is worth the extra cost.? I was thinking the Bush kit without antilift would tighten up the front end a bit and get rid of the floating feeling.. Where did u price the complete lca kit.? Thanks for all the info..

Edited by Smoloney87

I fitted the superpro anti lift kit to my Octavia yesterday, I bought the inserts rather than shelling out on a painted OE casting. They're cheaper and identical in performance. I have a stage 1 Octavia and pretty much all 2nd gear wheel spin is gone, and when it does break traction, the front end doesn't bounce around like it used to! I think the anti lift is well worth the money!

Dale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great lads thanks for the info.. I think I'll be definitely fitting superpro bushes to the front.. The floaty feeling is quite annoying after all the work I've done to the car so far it just feels disunited from the road and I know the standard bushes are sound just stupid that they have so much play..

What about the S3/TT bushes that you can get from Darkside? They're not voided like the OEM skoda ones and I've read very positive comments on here. About half the price of the Superpro ones as well. I've got a set waiting to be fitted, but haven't got around to it yet.

What about the S3/TT bushes that you can get from Darkside? They're not voided like the OEM skoda ones and I've read very positive comments on here. About half the price of the Superpro ones as well. I've got a set waiting to be fitted, but haven't got around to it yet.

id be interested to know how you get on when they are fitted..

Just priced the tt/s3 rear control arm bush it comes in at 65 euro shipped from Darkside.. How would this compare to the superpro Bush.? It's alot cheaper.. Also this is only the rear Bush does doing the front Bush make a difference too.?

Just priced the tt/s3 rear control arm bush it comes in at 65 euro shipped from Darkside.. How would this compare to the superpro Bush.? It's alot cheaper.. Also this is only the rear Bush does doing the front Bush make a difference too.?

You must be the worst googler / shopper....

febi bilstein do a rear S3 bush.  partno 33973.  VW partno is 8J0 407 183

You can get it here for GBP8 inc VAT, postage extra.

or maybe Micks garage is better for you

The front bush appears to be common to all models (nothing special)  but for GBP6 each you may as well do them.  The OEM partno appears to be 1K0407182.

The superpro front bush kit is SPF3346K - they are about GBP36 (???)

Basic rear bush replacement is SPF3271 (K or 80K) depending how hard you want it. GBP85

Full kit is KIT5238CAK is about GBP145

Personally, if I was doing the work myself (can afford to have a couple of tries), I'd do the cheap Febi option and go forward from there.

Haha. Or maybe you are just the best searcher Googler.. Lol...

Like I said thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions it's much appreciated.. The s3 bushes work out very cheap indeed.. But the work won't be done by myself so I don't fancy paying twice for labour and get it done right the first time hence the reason for so many questions..

If paying someone for the privelidge of working on your car, then the cheapest (quickest) is to either:

1) just buy the complete console bush / alloy housing.  3 bolts per side, smack it off, lube it up & smack it on - tighten bolts.

2) Do the whole arm.  3 console bush bolts; 1 front bush nut; 3 ball joint nuts.

You can DIY both if you have basic tools & jackstands

Its not that bad I know a guy who has a garage he said he'd charge only 100 euro to Change all 4 bushes. He said 30 euro per Bush but would do the lot for 100..

Edited by Smoloney87

• 4 weeks later...

If paying someone for the privelidge of working on your car, then the cheapest (quickest) is to either:

1) just buy the complete console bush / alloy housing. 3 bolts per side, smack it off, lube it up & smack it on - tighten bolts.

2) Do the whole arm. 3 console bush bolts; 1 front bush nut; 3 ball joint nuts.

You can DIY both if you have basic tools & jackstands

Fitted the tts bushes today.. Must say it's a great job not a dramatic different but the floaty feeling is totally gone now when u hit a bump the car doesn't seem to move around its just takes it if u know what I mean feels great.. Cheap upgrade bushes were cheap fitting was 50 euro can't argue. Thanks Brad for ur help Edited by Smoloney87
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fitted the tts bushes today.. Must say it's a great job not a dramatic different but the floaty feeling is totally gone now when u hit a bump the car doesn't seem to move around its just takes it if u know what I mean feels great.. Cheap upgrade bushes were cheap fitting was 50 euro can't argue. Thanks Brad for ur help

Same here, got my TTRS bushes fitted yesterday, everything feels subtly better...Steering is a bit more positive, it can get more power down before I trip the traction control and it doesn't feel at all "floaty".  All in all I'd say it's a decent value for money upgrade if you're doing the bushes anyway.