*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

Im not joking here, is it really that unusual that everything works as it should? Haha

No, but is your car 100% all of the time? Nothing ever bother you about it?

On this occasion I had the time to admire how good it is. Its never let me down. Many people on here are quick to point out the models faults, but not always what it does well.

Nay Sayers, anti Mk 2 vRS people, people who only complain about Oil: Stop reading now. You won't like what you're about to read.

If you do like the mk 2 vRS then read on!

Just had one of those days when my vRS has been spot on all day. High MPG, ultra smooth DSG changes, its not covered in salt and it just works as expected. Perfect and sensible get aways from traffic lights and expert slipping into gaps at roundabouts.

Just before I shut the garage door, I thought to myself "I love me car".

Continue to enjoy-warts and all!

Washed my mums '11 plate cave today needed a little oil as it was about 6mm from top mark , added enough to take it to 3mm from top which is where it was after the oil change last June and this is the first time I put any in since :)

• Like 3

No, but is your car 100% all of the time? Nothing ever bother you about it?

On this occasion I had the time to admire how good it is. Its never let me down. Many people on here are quick to point out the models faults, but not always what it does well.

Fair shout.

No not really tbh. It just does what it does, its not quick but it never misses a beat tbh. Everything just, works.

It's about time someone started a positive vRS thread

I had two vRS estate and they was great cars and I still have one but I need a diesel for all the miles I do but I'm hope to get one again later this year to be my weekend toy they are one of the best car I've owned

• Like 2

To be very honest every time i drive my car i think to myself "i love this car" i forever read "should have bought a mk1 comments. Nomrally by people who havent even driven a mk2. I came from a mk1. Loved it but it was time to move on.

• Like 4

Nay Sayers, anti Mk 2 vRS people, people who only complain about Oil: Stop reading now. You won't like what you're about to read.

If you do like the mk 2 vRS then read on!

Just had one of those days when my vRS has been spot on all day. High MPG, ultra smooth DSG changes, its not covered in salt and it just works as expected. Perfect and sensible get aways from traffic lights and expert slipping into gaps at roundabouts.

Just before I shut the garage door, I thought to myself "I love my car".

Gumby..

Must say,this is nice to read,i`ve just traded the Octy Vrs in for a Mk 2 Fabia Vrs and was a little nervous about all the oil consumption horror stories...

But I thought F&"k it can it really be that bad??

I suppose without `t`internet` you`d never read the horror stories,or indeed,your positive thoughts...

Incidentally,my two previously owned Subaru Impreza`s,Sti type UK and turbo 2000 used oil....

I look forward to collecting the Fabia and sharing `happy motoring` stories with you.....

Cheers....

• Like 1

Yes the mk2 vRS has its flaws. Every car does.

Since I don't drive the fabia everyday now, I do genuinely miss it and when I do get my hands on it, it puts the biggest smile on my face. The fact it is powerful, flappy paddles, and a joy to drive makes this the best car I have ever owned.

With a few good mods, such as RARB, suspension and engine mods, it can go from a great car to an awesome car.

Edited by TomR88
  • Like 2

To be very honest every time i drive my car i think to myself "i love this car" i forever read "should have bought a mk1 comments. Nomrally by people who havent even driven a mk2. I came from a mk1. Loved it but it was time to move on.

From day one of ownership to today (three and a half years) I have never wished for a nanosecond that I still had my MKI.
  • Like 4

It's about time someone started a positive vRS thread

We've had them before!

They just seem to get lost in between the usual cr5p of;

- Is this normal (Oil Consumption)

- What oil should I use?

- Which is the best induction kit?

- How to make it louder?

- Engine replacement woes

:wall:

• Like 1

We've had them before!

They just seem to get lost in between the usual cr5p of;

- Is this normal (Oil Consumption)

- What oil should I use?

- Which is the best induction kit?

- How to make it louder?

- Engine replacement woes

:wall:

... It's not manual.

....It's not a diesel.

...A Monte looks better. :devil:

• Like 1

I thought the monte was a limited edition run. I was wrong.

Its like the Corsa Limited edition. Bloomin thousands of the things around. Not very Limited.

I can go days without seeing a vRS but not long between montes

• Like 2

I thought the monte was a limited edition run. I was wrong.

Its like the Corsa Limited edition. Bloomin thousands of the things around. Not very Limited.

I can go days without seeing a vRS but not long between montes

The monte makes sense for more people IMO.

People like sporty looking hatches with the running costs, fuel efficiency etc etc of a car with a more powerful engine. Oh and I've no doubt the fact the vrs is well known to have issues puts quite a few off too tbh

The way I see it, if you are proper petrol head, you look past the faults and enjoy the driving experience. It was the same with my old VXR. Had a new gearbox, engine due to Piston 4 fault, new turbo, respray on front wings due to rust from front bumper moving. But when the car was fixed and all worked fine, put a smile on my face. Its the same story with the vRS. I can honestly say the vRS wont be leaving the family for a while, a long while

• Like 2

People like sporty looking hatches with the running costs, fuel efficiency etc etc of a car with a more powerful engine. Oh and I've no doubt the fact the vrs is well known to have issues puts quite a few off too tbh

The "issues" fair enough, but I reckon it's costing me only a tiny bit more to run a vRS than what it would cost me to run a Monte. Insurance is only 200 quid a year (and I live in Glasgow) and mpg is excellent.

When buying mine I did briefly consider a Monte (a white Monte that was for sale at the same time as the vRS I bought) but for roughly the same money I was getting a lot more car for my dough. For me, a 'sporty-looking hatch' that can't cash the cheques it's writing is pointless. Also, the last time I had a five-speed car was 2004, and that's before I get on to drum brakes... The plastic mouldings look a bit tacky as well (to me).

One of the best bits I like about my vRS is that it's so understated - catching out the unsuspecting is highly enjoyable.

• Like 4

Im someone who had a mk2 and now has a mk1.

Do I regret selling? To an extent yes but at the time it was replaced by a Toyota GT86 so...

Would I have another? Absolutely, tomorrow if I could!

Oh and mine used a lot of oil, but had a new engine and it was fine.

Every car has their issues, as said above you just have to look past them and the mk2 vrs is a brilliant car to drive. And it doesn't leak ;) ...

• Like 3

Im someone who had a mk2 and now has a mk1.

Do I regret selling? To an extent yes but at the time it was replaced by a Toyota GT86 so...

Would I have another? Absolutely, tomorrow if I could!

Oh and mine used a lot of oil, but had a new engine and it was fine.

Every car has their issues, as said above you just have to look past them and the mk2 vrs is a brilliant car to drive. And it doesn't leak ;) ...

It was the colander qualities of the rear doors that made me decide to ditch the MKI! A real misty misery when it was cold and wet.

Although in my experience the VRS isn't that much less economical than eg a 1.2TSI or even the older HTP petrols.

I get around 42mpg on mixed normal driving on the VRS, and I didn't get much more when I had a 1.2TSI or HTPs as a courtesy cars. Yes, it will drop more if you boot it everywhere, but so will a 1.2 and be much less fun!

• Like 1

Although in my experience the VRS isn't that much less economical than eg a 1.2TSI or even the older HTP petrols.

I get around 42mpg on mixed normal driving on the VRS, and I didn't get much more when I had a 1.2TSI or HTPs as a courtesy cars. Yes, it will drop more if you boot it everywhere, but so will a 1.2 and be much less fun!

Tax? Tyres? Etc

I wouldnt have one anyway tbh. I plan on running my htp till it wont run anymore. Hoping for 130,000 miles or so.

I wouldnt be so confident running a vrs to this, and i wouldnt dare run one out of warranty.

My htp averages about 48mpg (sometimes over 50) on mixed driving btw.