*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

A 220bhp Golf GTi quotes 47mpg on the combined cycle.

yeah but try to get it , anyone know what they quote for the VRS ?

Well looking in the Octavia MK3 sections the VRS owners dont seem to be getting 47mpg , I know I'll be very happy if it matches the 36mpg or so I get out of my Fabia

Now that we have the replacement engine in place, and it's a cracker, our wee car has earned it's place in our heart. Very practical with 5 doors (we regularly have our 2 young grandchildren here so access for childseats is great), beneficial to my wife's health due to being an automatic (dodgy left hip), reasonable price road fund licence, decent enough mpg, and goes like a wee rocket when the time is right.

What's not to like?

• Like 2

A 220bhp Golf GTi quotes 47mpg on the combined cycle.

Yup but skoda only quote 45.6mpg for the VRS.

So.

my GENUINE average mpg on my 19 mile commute to work... I get above 50 every time I go to work, and yes I DO drive at the speed limits :)

IMG_2362.jpg

my GENUINE average mpg on my 19 mile commute to work... I get above 50 every time I go to work, and yes I DO drive at the speed limits :)

IMG_2362.jpg

Very good

But the quoted combined average in the VRS is 45mpg

And the quoted combined average in the GTI is 47mpg

We can only really work off the tested figures cant we, realistically.

So if theyre tested to the same standards (standards are debatable, i know) then you should then be getting even more out of the GTI. 53mpg perhaps?

Oh and 220bhp of course.

I'm not entering a debate about the golf, I am merely stating that the quoted figures are easily acheivable, in the POSITIVE vRS thread.

another GOOD positive point.

I know what you're saying mate, n i agree with it

But he did say 'what other 180bhp petrol can do 47mpg on a steady motorway run' (or something along those lines)

So the GTI can. Without even looking outside the VAG group.

So its not that difficult (:

Haha

I know what you're saying mate, n i agree with it

But he did say 'what other 180bhp petrol can do 47mpg on a steady motorway run' (or something along those lines)

So the GTI can. Without even looking outside the VAG group.

So its not that difficult (:

Haha

He did say "What other 180bhp petrol car...?" - the Golf is 220  :p .

Although it's actually 180PS, which is just a bit less than 180bhp.

He did say "What other 180bhp petrol car...?" - the Golf is 220 :p .

Although it's actually 180PS, which is just a bit less than 180bhp.

Oh yeah. Sorry ;).

40bhp more and a few more MPG in a size larger car would be a silly suggestion ;) haha.

• Like 1

Off to Bristol in my Partner's vRS MK2 for a blast, across country roads and the M4. Should be fun.

Looking forward to it very much.

Great drive, great day and a truly great fun car. Lovely contrast to the R but still a favourite in my book!

Oh! for those that are particularly concerned about mpg- 130, very mixed miles ,city(very stop start)M4 quick blast then also brisk progress through twist and turns, across the country road of Wiltshire, still returning 38 mpg.

Much frugal fun and a big smile at the end of the day.

• Like 1

Nobody mentioned cost..

Nobody mentioned the Golf.....

Positive VRS thread n' all that... :-)

Although I don't own mine anymore, I do sometimes find myself missing it and its imperfections.

With regards to MPG, I used to get an indicated 47mpg in mine, which is the same as my new car (Diesel).

But for the same cost in Derv that I used to spend on V-power I get an extra 250 miles! :angel:

Its a cheap car to run, but its not that cheap!

Cracking little car that I will defend to the end of the earth. And yes I am slightly jealous of you lot that still own one. :sun:

• Like 3

I've read each and every one of the replies to this so far and it makes me even more proud to be a Mk 2 vRS owner.  Keep it up guys and let's not let the doom mongers take over.  

And just a small request that we try and keep this positive and about the Mk 2 vRS :)

Quite right, I'm sure that many Seats, Fords and BMWs are great cars but it is good to hear some positive views about the Skoda Fabia VRS.

Might be a few people getting indicated good mpg , mind you if you check out fuelly.com there aren't many actually achieving it fill to fill

• 1 month later...

After a year of ownership it still makes me laugh out loud, I love to pull away and let it slip into third and then just tweak your foot down a bit more and a bit more so that it hangs in the gear, the revs just building and building and then the DSG short shifts into fourth, what 80 mph by now? So, so funny. Next day, crawling in traffic, no effort thanks to the auto, what contrast, What a great car.

• Like 2

After a year of ownership it still makes me laugh out loud, I love to pull away and let it slip into third and then just tweak your foot down a bit more and a bit more so that it hangs in the gear, the revs just building and building and then the DSG short shifts into fourth, what 80 mph by now? So, so funny. Next day, crawling in traffic, no effort thanks to the auto, what contrast, What a great car.

I like to quote Ludacris when explaining how well the vrs does slow and fast in the same breath, "a lady on the street and a freak in the bed"

• Like 3

I had never seen this Vid before today, but it pretty much covers what is good about the MK2 vRS as they come up for 5 years since launched,

and now discontinued.

Skoda went Rallying yesterday with the 2015 Fabia R5 1.6T and using the New Fabia Body, so lets hope after they get the publicity from 

that they maybe get on with a 3rd Generation Fabia with something more than the 110ps currently on offer.

(no idea where he got the idea that being in 'S' would 'tighten up the suspension' on the Fabia.)

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

Nay Sayers, anti Mk 2 vRS people, people who only complain about oil and spark plugs: Stop reading now. You won't like what you're about to read.

If you do like the mk 2 vRS then read on!

Just had one of those days when my vRS has been spot on all day. High MPG, ultra smooth DSG changes, its not covered in salt and it just works as expected. Perfect and sensible get aways from traffic lights and expert slipping into gaps at roundabouts.

Just before I shut the garage door, I thought to myself "I love my car".

BUMP!

• Like 1

The perils of low-mileage motoring - the battery died on me today - off to Kwik Fit (I know! However, being a Saturday choice was limited and it was the nearest place) and after a less than quick fit (bizarrely a woman who arrived later than me had four tyres changed on her Kia before they'd fitted my battery...) I was 80 quid lighter and on my way :). I'm just glad it didn't happen a fortnight today!

• Like 2