Skoda Octavia VRS Side Lights

I own a 2010 Skoda Octavia VRS. Soon after I got it the dips and side Lightbulbs on the front blew on both sides all at once. A bit confused at why they all blew together I replaced all the bulbs but while the dipped worked fine the side lights did not. I also checked all the fuses but to no avail.

I brought my cay to my local garage and they established there was no power going to the side lights. They also attached their computer and no issue cropped up. They concluded that there never was side lights within the head lamp assembly instead the side light strips on the bumper act as the side light instead (although they did not seem sure about this). 

My question to owners of a similar model of car is simply is there a side within the headlamp. I did not have the car long at the time that they blew and I left it for a long period of time before I went to the garage and I'm just not 100% sure.

The sidelight bulb is simply there to fill the hole were the sidelights used to be.  As you say, no power to the bulbs.  When headlights are on the DRLs dim and act as sidelights.

• Like 1