6R0035849A Stubby Antenna

Garnett

Hi, I currently have the longer antenna on mine but its a GPS/DAB/FM/GSM aerial, ie also giving me phone reception (GSM) over what you quote in the ad.

Did your old setup by any chance include GSM too? And if so was your DAB and GSM reception good with this shorter antenna?

I will take it if so as I prefer the shorter look of this to my unwieldy longer antenna!

Cheers

Adam

Adamal, I have a GPS/FM/GSM on mine with the stubby antenna and it all works fine. I'm pretty sure it's how it left the factory too if it helps.

The GSM and GPS parts certainly won't be effected by the length as it'll be using separate antennas contained within the fin rather than the removable part.

I suspect it will have an effect on FM/DAB but I'd imagine it to be fine in most cases, if you live in a weak signal area you might be best keeping the longer one.

Adamal: the stubby antenna is for radio reception only.

GPS & GSM are both built into the antenna base.

Not sure about DAB, but my combined antenna (including DAB) came with a stubby antenna. I've not fitted it yet though...