Matterhorn alternative? Audi/VW

TD5

I really fancy getting the tiny moon alloys from my Greenline Yeti and swapping them for something a bit more substantial that will complement both the colour and styling of the car. 

The Moon alloys look a tad lost, although I do like the styling. 

A set of Matterhorns would be a perfect contrast to the Silver / black trim but the money is crazy. 

Are there any VW or Audi wheels that would be a direct bolt on replacement for the Moon's?

Something 17" no problems right.   IF SO, Do VW or Audi produce an alloy wheel in black similar to the aggressive style of the Matterhorn?  

I think it's going to be cheaper and easier to find an alternative from one of the other marques than the highly desirable Matterhorn alloys... that don't seem come up for sale in good used condition.... if at all! 

Thanks. :)

There's some RS4C alloy wheels on EBAY which look very similar to the Matterhorns for £360 for 4 wheels, there are 2 adverts for these wheels, one set look shiny black and the other look a matt  black with a silver edge.I might get some my self soon.

• Like 1

FANTASTIC feedback. Thank you everyone.  

Maximum spend:  I tend to find a style I like, get a feel for what they go for brand new and used, compare the £ out there and then hunt for the best price.  I can be patient and put money aside. 

With tyres would be ideal, however I could get some good prices from Costco tyres on Michellin etc. Not a deal clincher. 

The issue I have with Matterhorns is the fact I'm looking at circa £900 for the brand new alloys alone.... and then pay for some quality tyres.  It's too much.  If I could get a full set for £800-900 that would be good.  Maybe that's too low?  New to the VAG world of accessories. 

In 2014 I was fortunate enough to get my brand new Yeti FL Greenline SE with tyre pressure monitor/cruise control for £17,100. 

However it was at the end of the pre facelift build dates.  I'd paid for the pre facelift Yeti however they ran out of time hence the new FL Yeti for old £.  This particular build meant I could only choose from 2 colours that were left, (Silver or Black) and extras weren't available at the time or I would have customised it a bit more.   Why I'm playing catch up now unfortuately.

I've always bought genuine alloys for my Land Rovers rather than copies/aftermarket wheels.  But I am open to looking at them if folk have evidence that they have the correct load rating and finish for the money.  

Not really interested in cheap sets with budget "Mikky-makky-moo-moo" tyres, as my old man calls them! 

Would be good to keep the Moons as winter tyres too. 

7x17 ET45 is what you're after. How much are you looking to spend, and do you want them with tyres already fitted?

Is the ET45 in relation to the style of alloy?  Getting quite a few popping up in the google searches. 

Ahhh... is this what you were talking about Wardy?    Look quite Matterhorn-ish.  Going to look into the load ratings for the Yeti. 

FOX R3 - 7 x 17 Alloy Wheel - ET45

FoxR3.jpg

ET45 is the size of the central hole of the wheel. 

As smaller size will NOT fit a Yeti, a bigger one will need spigot rings.

Details in the Technical Thread I linked.

I'll have a read now.  So, if I can find a 7x17 alloy wheel, with an ET45 central hub fitting with the correct load rating for the Yeti I'm sorted?

The Fox R3's look like a good style copy.. however, I know all alloys can go "bad" but some in used condition look SHOCKING.  Would seriously have to mistreat some genuine wheels to make them look like that... am I right?

Nice: 

MC

Not so nice...

Wheel4.jpg

I really fancy getting the tiny moon alloys from my Greenline Yeti and swapping them for something a bit more substantial that will complement both the colour and styling of the car. 

The Moon alloys look a tad lost, although I do like the styling. 

A set of Matterhorns would be a perfect contrast to the Silver / black trim but the money is crazy. 

Are there any VW or Audi wheels that would be a direct bolt on replacement for the Moon's?

Something 17" no problems right.   IF SO, Do VW or Audi produce an alloy wheel in black similar to the aggressive style of the Matterhorn?  

I think it's going to be cheaper and easier to find an alternative from one of the other marques than the highly desirable Matterhorn alloys... that don't seem come up for sale in good used condition.... if at all! 

Thanks. :)

Ive had my eye on these beauties :)

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/rims/alloy-wheel-–-blossom-70j-x-17”-5l0071497a-jx2x/0/1/24/43/1001

There's some RS4C alloy wheels on EBAY which look very similar to the Matterhorns for £360 for 4 wheels, there are 2 adverts for these wheels, one set look shiny black and the other look a matt  black with a silver edge.I might get some my self soon.

These?  

$_1.JPG

Very JAZZY :D   You've got decent alloys Darrell! Your Teron's  would be nice in black actually...  :peek:  <--- trying to imagine them in black.

Very JAZZY :D   You've got decent alloys Darrell! Your Teron's  would be nice in black actually...  :peek:  <--- trying to imagine them in black.

I picked mine up for £500 with Michelin Pilots, they had only been on the MkIII Octy for 1000 miles :)

You could always track some down and powder coat the inserts black for £40 per wheel  :happy:

• Like 2

Turini's in matt black would look nice too :( 

pic_5E0071498_ZG6.jpg

Or the Xtreme 19" :D

Fotograf-Salzburg-Skoda-Octavia-RS-Alufe

Waste of time talking about them though....

• Like 1

I picked mine up for £500 with Michelin Pilots, they had only been on the MkIII Octy for 1000 miles :)

You could always track some down and powder coat the inserts black for £40 per wheel  :happy:

Bargain!  £500!?  With tyres?!    :dull:  So.....happy for you....

Teron's added to the search list... :)

• Like 1

Im painting the callipers black with white skoda logos :) keeping the black and white theme going

Aren't you a snazzy muffin! :D Sadly,  my Yeti has zero Snazz.  :no:

ET45 is the size of the central hole of the wheel. 

As smaller size will NOT fit a Yeti, a bigger one will need spigot rings.

Details in the Technical Thread I linked.

ET 45 is the wheel offset.

The central hole is 57 mm I think.

It's mentioned at the bottom of the Guide Graham linked to.

• Like 3

Read the article.  Good read. 

Sorry, yes I've realised my mistake.

I shall now commence sitting in the corner with the Dunce's hat on................................

And as an aside, there is a problem, in my mind, with all these wheels, in that the spokes are level with the rim, so risking damage to them. I much prefer a wheel where they are inset.

Give me a set of Minilite type anyday!

• Like 2

Quite a wide selection on here... Don't fancy moving away from the VAG styles as sometimes I think it can cheapen the look of the car if they don't quite suit...

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/alloys-by-car/skoda/yeti/2009?wheel_size=17

These have a nice look to them.  Not matt though...  Bang some black skoda centre caps in...

main.jpg