average mpg

Derek89

Gave up bothering at 50 -55 ,on any Derv, which ties in with fill to fill. possible do a lot better, but taking the P out of Fiesta/Corsa kiddies who wonder how a 1.4 can walk away from their bags of nails is too much fun.

Mine was about 47-48 with just a map, and about 43-44 with 110bhp more than standard. Can't complain at that.

My Octy mk2 is about 47mpg, bigger car more weight etc really pleased!

I do lots of stop-start dual carriageway stuff, terrible for mpg. But do the odd cross country or motorway drive. Usually get 42 from a tank, or 47 with more mixed driving. Drove back from kent last night, I got 54.5 on the trip computer while my friend in his v8 s4 got 24 :p

I'm still getting about 23-28 mpg for city driving and 40-47 on country roads after 16 months of owning it and about 9500 miles. My average is somewhere about 31 mpg according to my spritmonitor account. My 68 horses are quite thirsty .. what a joy. Well, I never keep it under 2000 rpm, the needle stays above 2200 most of the time. I consider this being pretty decent for a 15 years old car.

Edited by Alexandru