Anyone else had the same problems as me?

I got my Mobius a few weeks back (early Dec I think) and it seemed OK for a while.  Now it's doing some odd things.

It's set up with a USB lead which is permanently wired to a switched live (i.e. with the ignition to record every journey).  I am using a 64GB class 10 Sandisk (does the same with a Samsung card I have too so I have ruled out the card).  I am still trying it out so I have not yet replaced the battery with a capacitor, but I don't think this is the issue either.  Symptoms......

1. switch on the ignition and mostly it starts recording immediately but sometimes it doesn't work.  Ign off and on again a few times and it starts up.  Power source is known to be good (tested with another device)

2. unit is recording fine then locks up.  Red light stays on permanently and no amount of button pressing, removal of power or removal of the memory card will reset it.  Eventually the battery goes flat and all is well again once it's been recharged or plugged back into the power source.

3. after an incident of 2 above on one occasion the unit lost its time and date setting, but all other settings remained OK

4. power off (ign).  It's set to record for 10 seconds after power off. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't (unit switches off immediately).  This looks like a battery issue but I have tested the battery and it seems fine and records for at least an hour under its own steam.

5. firmware.  When I plugged it in last week it flagged up a request to update firmware.  I tried and failed to do so - the unit needs a sub 32GB card which I don't have and I don't want to buy one just to find it's the unit that's duff.  Anyone know what the new firmware fixes?

Any other ideas much appreciated.  If no joy I'll send it back to Amazon .

Ta muchly in advance.

Rick

Can you borrow a smaller sd card 32gb and class 4 or 6.

A lot of cameras can only opperate a card up to 32gb and slower than a class ten.

its worth trying to rule out the card before you say the camera is faulty.

which model do you have ?

i have just checked a mobius camera online and the spec says it takes up to 32gb card. Class 4.

I'll ask around at work tomorrow. Will be in Barcelona most of this coming week so it might have to wait a few days.

It'll take bigger than 32GB but the card needed formatting IIRC (I should remember but it's been a few weeks).  I took a spare from my GoPro to use and it did work well for a few weeks.

I'll have a another play with it before sending it back.  I do really like the size and the way it works.

Just to rule out your drop down converter, perhaps run the standard power lead supplied from power point in centre console.

Edited by Mr Grump

Well, initial tests would suggest it might be a temperature issue.  

I ran it today just on internal battery.  First thing (been sat in the car over night so dropped to around 5 degees C) and it wouldn't power up.  Lunchtime (9 degrees) and it was fine.  5PM and 6 degrees, no power up.  In kitchen (20 degrees) - fine again.

Well, initial tests would suggest it might be a temperature issue.

I ran it today just on internal battery. First thing (been sat in the car over night so dropped to around 5 degees C) and it wouldn't power up. Lunchtime (9 degrees) and it was fine. 5PM and 6 degrees, no power up. In kitchen (20 degrees) - fine again.

Never experienced similar temperature issues with my mobius.

All the symptoms you have been describing are not typical. I suspect you might have a duff unit. Easier just to send it back and ask for a replacement?

All the symptoms you have been describing are not typical. I suspect you might have a duff unit. Easier just to send it back and ask for a replacement?

I have asked but they want me to send it back get a refund then buy another one. Amazon policy, apparently.  When it works it's brilliant so I will defo get another.