New engines for Yeti from week 22

RapidRonnie

Stop start systems work perfectly fine on a manual car with that big "you need to switch on now" switch called the clutch pedal. The DSG version does not have that "switch" and by all accounts from what I've read stop-start on a DSG is utter, utter sh***. Especially VAG's.

• Totally agree with you. I've a Superb 140 with DSG and 'stop/start'. 
  • On hills when you come to a halt the 'stop/start' knocks the engine off only to find that when you take your foot off the brake the car rolls back before the engine kicks in. DSG without 'hill hold' is a downright menace, furthermore you have to isolate 'stop/start every time you switch the ignition on.
  • I'd rather be without it.

Shanco

• Like 1

• Totally agree with you. I've a Superb 140 with DSG and 'stop/start'. 
  • On hills when you come to a halt the 'stop/start' knocks the engine off only to find that when you take your foot off the brake the car rolls back before the engine kicks in. DSG without 'hill hold' is a downright menace, furthermore you have to isolate 'stop/start every time you switch the ignition on.
  • I'd rather be without it.

Shanco

Can't it be disabled?

Fred

Can't it be disabled?

Fred

Of course it can.  But then that is exactly as I said earlier. It is a stupid gimmick they add to get the car's emissions and ratings officially low, but then as an owner you get NOWHERE near the quoted figures BECAUSE you had to disable the Stop-Start just to use the car. It's an utter farce on a DSG car from everything I've read.

• Like 1

Does the stop-start do a restart on moving from P to D? Wondering if VW/Skoda are assuming auto drivers put the car in P at any halt...

I had a Tig 140 DSG which had Stop-Start and Electronic Handbreak. I have to agree with Johann re the Stop-Start it's c**p! I really hated it. I found it verging on the dangerous at roundabouts and T junctions - The delay in restarting was horrendous - It needn't have been - Peugeot manage instantaneous restart on the 2008, so why can't a supposed premium brand like VW manage it?

The other thing I really wont miss is the electronic handbreak & autohold which made close manouvering tricky unless you disabled it.

OK both could be switched off but I'd rather do without them..... As a matter of interest several Tig owners have had very expensive repairs on the electronic handbreak.... So hope Skoda don't go down that route.

Sorry, I'm lagging a bit behind on this topic and I've just twigged. The 1.8TSi appears to have been dropped from the new engine line up, so the biggest petrol engine appears to be a 1.4 - albeit with 150bhp (or is that PS?), which is a shame

Given that the 1.8 apparently has high reserves to allow power increases by "electronic" tuning, what are the prospects for making the new 1.4 more lively?

Sorry, I'm lagging a bit behind on this topic and I've just twigged. The 1.8TSi appears to have been dropped from the new engine line up, so the biggest petrol engine appears to be a 1.4 - albeit with 150bhp (or is that PS?), which is a shame

Given that the 1.8 apparently has high reserves to allow power increases by "electronic" tuning, what are the prospects for making the new 1.4 more lively?

About 25-30ps gain I'd guess. Great engine but limited in terms of tuning by its capacity and smaller turbo.

I reminded my dealer 2 days ago.

They're fully preoccupied with the release of the Superb lll.

His best "guess" is available to order from 4 weeks before the assumed week 22.

When did the 1.8 TSI drop off the Skoda UK site? It's no longer listed here - http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-yeti/performance - but does show up on the configurator as an option for the L&K. The 140, both manual & DSG, has also gone. It could just be a site glitch, or maybe they are getting ready to list the new engine options?

When did the 1.8 TSI drop off the Skoda UK site? It's no longer listed here - http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-yeti/performance - but does show up on the configurator as an option for the L&K. The 140, both manual & DSG, has also gone. It could just be a site glitch, or maybe they are getting ready to list the new engine options?

...and they're back, so more likely just a glitch.

Is there some new information which petrol engine will be combined with 4x4? I was hoping to buy one before the next winter but I am a bit worried what combinations will be available until time comes.

As far as I can tell there's no information beyond the press release. It is possible that there won't be a 4x4 petrol Yeti next month - just as there isn't a petrol Octavia Scout. But until Skoda UK release a new brochure we're all in the dark.

As far as I can tell there's no information beyond the press release. It is possible that there won't be a 4x4 petrol Yeti next month - just as there isn't a petrol Octavia Scout. But until Skoda UK release a new brochure we're all in the dark.

Knowing the Skoda UK brochure we will be no wiser after it comes out  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Knowing the Skoda UK brochure we will be no wiser after it comes out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're dead right there alas.

• Like 1