New engines for Yeti from week 22

RapidRonnie

Nice to see economy in the 150 DSG is quite a bit more than in the current 140/170; 51mpg vs 44mpg, even if those are hard to match in real life.

And the 2.0 TDI 110PS SCR is more efficient than the present 1.6 Greenline

So what makes the SCR 2.0Ltr more efficient than the 1.6 greenline?

SCR 

Selective Catalytic Reduction, also holds out the promise of delivering marginally better fuel consumption than the alternative systems.

This has been used for years on HGVs.

So thats what it is..

Edited by Carlo diesel

Apologies for not studying the topic in detail but have just looked at the German configurator as was mentioned earlier.  It suggests that, apart from the 1.2 and 1.4 7 speed DSGs, you can get a 1.4 high output (110kw) petrol in 4x4 form BUT with a 6 speed box rather than 7 speed. Might it be thought that this would be the wet DSG as fitted in diesels that is less prone to the hiccups that troubled some 7 speed dry boxes?  Would imagine it's substantially dearer than it's lesser relations and if specced up a bit could become slightly eye watering.

At the moment the only model getting the 1.4 TSI (150PS) is the L&K and only with manual gearbox

Edited by Urrell

Oh right.  Don't imagine I'd notice much difference then...maybe a bit lower RFL and an extra couple of mpg.

Just did a 500 round trip in it. 36mpg.  But still love the car and wonder what I'd replace it with.

Oh right.  Don't imagine I'd notice much difference then...maybe a bit lower RFL and an extra couple of mpg.

Just did a 500 round trip in it. 36mpg.  But still love the car and wonder what I'd replace it with.

Try another Yeti - I can endorse them right now, and would imagine that with the improved economy it'b be even more attractive

Indeed so, George.  As we youngsters say, 'it ticks all the boxes'. Actually that expression doesn't get used, along with 'touch base', 'going forward', 'outside the box', and dozens more, most of which I can't think of at the moment and have no wish to be reminded of.

Having just renewed the warranty and had it serviced and MOT'd for another year I imagine the question won't arise for the time being but you do wonder, don't you?

Bit of a quandary for me. I got my hopes up when I saw the versions available in Germany, I.e. the 1.4 SE 4x4 but of course, true to form, we don't have that option. It appears the only petrol 4x4 available to us is the L&K version.

I've had a look at the competition and while the price of the L&K isn't a million miles away from the alternatives (from my point of view), what I object to is having to pay for extras I absolutely do not want, e.g. Sun roof, sat nav, leather seats, fancy radios, various unnecessary embellishments, etc, etc.

I'll have to have a long think.

Bit of a quandary for me. I got my hopes up when I saw the versions available in Germany, I.e. the 1.4 SE 4x4 but of course, true to form, we don't have that option. It appears the only petrol 4x4 available to us is the L&K version.

I've had a look at the competition and while the price of the L&K isn't a million miles away from the alternatives (from my point of view), what I object to is having to pay for extras I absolutely do not want, e.g. Sun roof, sat nav, leather seats, fancy radios, various unnecessary embellishments, etc, etc.

I'll have to have a long think.

At the risk of re-igniting the "competition" topic...what did you happen to look at by way of comparison?

At the risk of re-igniting the "competition" topic...what did you happen to look at by way of comparison?

Stan

I've looked at the Renegade (circa £26k) and the new Vitara (circa £21k) for the petrol AWD versions. Anything in the low 20s to late 20s to me is there or thereabouts in terms of comparison costs.

Trouble is neither of these, in my view, holds a candle to the Yeti on several fronts.

There are so few petrol AWDs on the market and that's the real issue.

I don't have a problem paying the cost of the L&K but as I mentioned earlier, I really do object to having to pay for things I will never use and don't want or are purely decorative embellishments.

• Like 1

Indeed so, George.  As we youngsters say, 'it ticks all the boxes'. Actually that expression doesn't get used, along with 'touch base', 'going forward', 'outside the box', and dozens more, most of which I can't think of at the moment and have no wish to be reminded of....

Well said, that man!

Bit of a quandary for me. I got my hopes up when I saw the versions available in Germany, I.e. the 1.4 SE 4x4 but of course, true to form, we don't have that option. It appears the only petrol 4x4 available to us is the L&K version....

Interesting (or lazy?) move by Skoda UK. Nissan just added a 1.6T to the Qashqai, and have 2 diesels (1.5 and 1.6). So while Nissan are expanding the petrol range, Skoda are "as before". Presumably Skoda sold too few 1.4s and assumed there was not enough difference between the 1.2 and 1.4 to justify the offering. On the other hand maybe they should offer the 150PS 1.4T as the 2WD as well as 4WD alternative! Along with DSG of course (I don't think Nissan CVTs compare well here)...

But the Nissan is a new car. The yeti range is being wound down in advance of the mk2.

I think that's the point.  Now may be a good time to be getting some bargains on current model Yetis, but those who are not desperate to change now might be better to wait for Yeti II, when it will potentially be a completely different line-up of engines and transmission options.

• Like 1

Absolutely. There's always better buys but less choice at the end of a model's life span. If they happen to have what you want, great, go for it. If not you'll have to take your chances on YetII

Absolutely. There's always better buys but less choice at the end of a model's life span. If they happen to have what you want, great, go for it. If not you'll have to take your chances on YetII

What is the timeframe for a yeti II and is £4k discounts noted in another thread for yeti I achievable from most Skoda dealer?

I am now in my last year of a pcp on my Octavia and a cheap yeti I might be perfect timing for me.

Appreciate any comments - regards.

What is the timeframe for a yeti II and is £4k discounts noted in another thread for yeti I achievable from most Skoda dealer?

I am now in my last year of a pcp on my Octavia and a cheap yeti I might be perfect timing for me.

Appreciate any comments - regards.

I posted this in March 2014:-

"I ordered new from Motorline Dartford Feb 26th. For a cash sale they would have got close to the 14% being offerd by the internet brokers. As I was going for the 2.9% finance deal the story was different. I did however manage around the 5% the same brokers said was posssible, and a greater discount than the Whatcar Target price. If you add in the 3 yrs service and maintenance deal included, towbar deal and discount on dealer supplied bits I am up to over £1800 possibly £2000 worth of car/goods in my favour"

At the time a 14% cash purchase discount through a broker site would have been about £3000/3500. Large discounts are and have been available for some time.

Colin

• Like 2

So as before no high power output petrol DSG - which you do get in Europe (the 1,4 150). Sigh.

Also still only that one option of hideous alloy on the L&K and to most the dealbreaker brown seats (though I like them).

But a good update I guess. Though I hope the 184 DSG TDI does come to fruition. Even though that is not even available anywhere else in the world (yet).

As to the Greenline's demise? It is absolutely ridiculous to have to pay extra for greener features. That tech should be standard on an entire range and as such these Greenline, Bluemotion and Ecomotion lines are disappearing from all manufacturers.

• Like 2

We just found out about the new engines in the last week or so. We had just ordered a Greenline 1.6D Outdoor Business edition and the leasing company were dragging their heels a bit and had said it was a 20-25 week lead time.

After some badgering last week they said it was becuase the 1.6D was being phased out and that we could now have the 2.0D Outdoor Business Edition for the same money and delivery aimed for the end of June / early July. Now reading the Skoda web site and after speaking to them today, it looks like the Outdoor Business also only comes in 4x4, so from ordering a 16.D, it now looks like we might be getting a 2.0D 4x4, result in my book.

So as before no high power output petrol DSG - which you do get in Europe (the 1,4 150).

Yes, no DSG but it will be available (only) in the L&K 4x4, which is my problem as set out above. I wonder if other versions will be introduced to the UK later.

But a good update I guess. Though I hope the 184 DSG TDI does come to fruition. Even though that is not even available anywhere else in the world (yet).

That's available in the new model Superb isn't it?