Tyre Pressures

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to quickly check how often people checked their tyre pressures?

Just checked mine as the front right was looking a little flat, both fronts had dropped from 2.3 bar (33 PSI), with the front left being 27PSI and the front right being 29PSI, both rear tyres were still at 2.2 bar (32 PSI).

Thanks for replies :)

I find that 'Sleeping Policemen' release air from one of my front tyres, I think once the seal is broken, it never really re-seals thus the odd SP releases a small amount.

DB

Chances are that the tyres are leaking air around the bead.  The paint corrodes and the seal is lost.  I had this issue which didn't seem to affect the rears.

A tyre depot can remove the tyre and clean up the bead area on the rim, then use a special tyre soap, which can provide a seal.

In the end, I had the rims refurbished which has totally cured the problem.

SN

The front right tyre is relatively new (no more than 4 months old), I do want to get the tyres refurbed though as the previous owner has curbed it before and it's visible on the wheels, just need to wait for money to come in beforehand!

There's lots of potholes/sleeping policemen that can't always be avoided around where I travel but it struck me as more air was getting out than should have been.