This will be built next to Yeti II

And yes will share a platform...  Let's just hope the Yeti II looks NOTHING like this.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/seats-new-20v20-small-crossover-revealed.html

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/seat-20v20-crossover-revealed

Seat-CUV-120V20.jpg

Seat-CUV-1820V20.jpg

Seat-CUV-1720V20.jpg

This doesn't grab my attention completely at the moment...

This bit attracts me;

"The boot also features a pair of luggage trolleys beneath the floor, along with something Seat is calling the Personal Mover. This is an electric scooter-like vehicle, which is designed to take the driver on the last stretch of their journey from the parking space to their destination."

I want one. :giggle:

I hope it looks EXACTLY like that. Because it will mean our mk1 / mk1.5 (pre & post FL) cars won't depreciate as much as there will still be strong demand for the original.

• Like 4

From the report, I felt that this would be the bigger 'Snowman' rival. 

[i quite like the Seat - much nicer than that Hyundai with the monstrously bling front end - that everyone else seemed to like.... :bandit: ]

Don't think it's the next Yeti which will share a platform with this but the new, bigger Skoda SUV.

[i quite like the Seat - much nicer than that Hyundai with the monstrously bling front end - that everyone else seemed to like.... :bandit: ]

Agreed, I think this will morph into the larger Skoda SUV, originally codenamed "Snowman", and will become the top of the range.

I like the look of it too.  It looks like it ought to give better fuel economy than the square Yeti and the back window won't be a muck trap.  I won't be interested if it is significantly bigger than the Yeti though.  It does raise the question as to where SEAT and Skoda sit in the VAG hierarchy, especially if it's being built by Skoda.  Anyone know VAG's thinking on this?

I like the look of it too.  It looks like it ought to give better fuel economy than the square Yeti and the back window won't be a muck trap.  I won't be interested if it is significantly bigger than the Yeti though.  It does raise the question as to where SEAT and Skoda sit in the VAG hierarchy, especially if it's being built by Skoda.  Anyone know VAG's thinking on this?

Not sure on where it sits in the VAG world but see here for a take on their product line up in the future: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/seat/seat-to-launch-two-suvs-in-new-product-splurge/

• Like 1

I don't quite read it like that.  I've also never read anywhere that the production facility for the bigger MQB based 7 seat "Snowman" has been confirmed. The ONLY two cars that have been confirmed for Kvasiny production is this SEAT and the Yeti II.  Both are Tiguan class cars - with the Yeti II definitely getting bigger than Yeti I - which straddled two classes.  The car above is certainly NOT a seven seater nor is this the SEAT equivalent of the 7-seat Snowman. 

I like it.  Not as functionally square and practical as the Yeti, but now I don't need to carry kids cots, chairs, prams this may well be high on the shortlist for when I change the yeti.  I just hope the actual car keeps as much as possible of this concept and that Seat offer keyless entry.  They seem to be the only VAG not to offer this at the moment  (I looked at buying an X perience last month) and after having had keyless, using keys just seems stoneage now.

Not sure on where it sits in the VAG world but see here for a take on their product line up in the future: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/seat/seat-to-launch-two-suvs-in-new-product-splurge/

Thanks Coops, an interesting read.  Although its full of talk about competing with the cashcow and puke, the reality is it will primarily compete with the Yeti.  That won't really be a problem in that by the sound of it it's going to be a a Yeti built by Skoda with a different body.  Maybe they see the SEAT badge as being more interesting to younger customers and this is their way in.  With those labour costs I can't see any production continuing in Spain.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Polo is made in South Africa.  Interesting times ahead for the VAG Group.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Polo is made in South Africa.  Interesting times ahead for the VAG Group.

Yes Polos come from SA. As does the Mercedes C-class and BMW 3-series.  See attached showing all the cars exported from SA to both left and right hand driving countries. (Look at the second column obviously as the first column is SA domestic sales).

* Mercedes SA recently decided to not report their numbers at all. That is why there's no Mercedes numbers in there alas.

FLASH_STD_201501.pdf

• Like 1

I'm not convinced by this Seat. It looks like a tall car rather than an SUV.

Whatever else you might think about the Yeti's looks, it doesn't appear to be a vertically stretched version of a normal car, and neither do all the best 4x4s.

I don't quite read it like that.  I've also never read anywhere that the production facility for the bigger MQB based 7 seat "Snowman" has been confirmed. The ONLY two cars that have been confirmed for Kvasiny production is this SEAT and the Yeti II.  Both are Tiguan class cars - with the Yeti II definitely getting bigger than Yeti I - which straddled two classes.  The car above is certainly NOT a seven seater nor is this the SEAT equivalent of the 7-seat Snowman. 

This SEAT concept is 40cm longer than the current Yeti, but not as long as the rumoured Snowman which was put at closer to 4.8m I think.. so maybe it's neither?.. There was a "sporty, evoque type Skoda SUV" rumoured too, so maybe that will be the Skoda version of this. I imagine the bodyshells of the SEAT/Skoda versions will be the same with styling differences in the lights, bumpers, grilles e.t.c. just like the Rapid/Toledo and UpMiiGo.

Ah so now they say:

"A Leon-based Qashqai rival with a design not influenced by the concept will launch in 2016 and be followed into production soon after by a smaller Juke-sized SUV that will imminently be confirmed for production."

So the Yeti based SEAT will NOT be based on this concept. Erm...  so why show this then?! 

From: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/seat-202v20-concept-car-revealed-geneva-motor-show

• Like 1

I suspect the look of that model is nothing like a car that is still at least 5 years away.

After the statement in Autocar above I suspect this is indeed more a styling study that reflects the future bigger SUV. This is NOT the one that will be built alongside the Yeti II. This is more akin to what will be built alongside the Yeti II:

seat-suv-frontale-cupra.jpg

Which is based on this earlier concept:

SEAT-IBX-1_SUV.jpg

02-seat-ibx-concept-geneva.jpg

A much smaller car more in keeping with the current Yeti's size.