New diverter valve fitted

Suspected that my original diverter valve was on its way out so bought a new piston style DV from awesome gti to see if it made any difference.

The garage fitted the new DV FOC as the car was stripped down anyway.

All I can say is how much of a massive difference this has made. The car boosts hard from about 1750rpm.

Well worth checking yours and getting it replaced because the chances are it will look like this!

image.jpg1_zpsfxp0m5ex.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsk2ba5io7.jpg

Lovely job!

Yes it is possible as a DIY however you will need to:

-be able to get under the car (via ramps or axel stands)

-have a good 1/4drive ratchet set with medium extender and 4mm hex head

-some patientce

It's a bit of a fiddle but possible.

Looks like the part number in your pic matches up with the one I have.

I bought this:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia2/oem-2-0t-upgraded-piston-diverter-valve

I've got the right tools, well apart from having plenty of patients. May take it to a mechanic to do this one. After a quick Google I decided to buy the rev G, rubber diaphragm. At £40 cost, well worth any performance gain to be had. Car feels a little underpowered at high rev so will see.

Edited by vRSrod

Don't buy the rubber one as it breaks! The rev d(I think) is the one I have and it's a brass piston with rubber cap on the top-apparently they don't prematurely wear out!