No Sat Nav info on Maxi-DOT

SKOYET

After taking my L&K into the dealer to complain about no sat nav menu, compass or guidance info on the MaxiDOT, Skoda UK advised today that navigation information is NOT available on the Maxi DOT with the "new" Amundsen sat nav.

A retrograde step IMO and at odds with all info in brochures, on line and in the car's manual.

It seems this applies to ALL cars built since week 45 with the supposedly "upgraded" Amundsen and Skoda said there is no fix in the pipeline as previously suggested.

Anyone else with the same problem or heard anything different?

My Amundsen build week 3 2015 shows all the correct Sat-Nav direction information on the MaxiDOT.
The only thing that mine is missing is the Climate Control information on the Amundsen screen but as there are lights and temperature readout on the controls I'm not too worried about that.

These are 3 screens from mine.

Image4_zpsvqhqgaky.jpg

• Like 1

After taking my L&K into the dealer to complain about no sat nav menu, compass or guidance info on the MaxiDOT, Skoda UK advised today that navigation information is NOT available on the Maxi DOT with the "new" Amundsen sat nav.

A retrograde step IMO and at odds with all info in brochures, on line and in the car's manual.

It seems this applies to ALL cars built since week 45 with the supposedly "upgraded" Amundsen and Skoda said there is no fix in the pipeline as previously suggested.

Anyone else with the same problem or heard anything different?

Mine is the same as yours without Maxidot menu - L&K with the new Amundsen NAV

SKOYET - How about naming the dealer, for local members' info?

I'm not so sure the dealer is at fault here, it is Skoda UK that is saying it can't be done.

I have just read this on another forum, so maybe a firmware update soon:-

"Faulty SW of the MIB unit (SF) on vehicles manufactured since 45th CW 2014"

"Introducing a new SW for MIB control unit - assumed date 10th CW 2015"

OK, latest.

Just returned from a surprise visit to the dealer. Interestingly Skoda UK has been in touch with them about my complaint.

The software upgrade mentioned above (PaveyArk) is due in about two weeks and they have promised to notify me when it's available, but they have no information as to what it's for even though they spoke to Skoda "Technical" while I was there. The general feeling however, and from their past experience they don't think it's for the MaxiDot problem.

Unfortunately they didn't have a Yeti available with the new Amundsen so we couldn't compare a later one with mine.

I will wait until the software upgrade is available before deciding the way to go. 

Have you tried posting on the other models on this website?I would have thought there was some new owners on there with the Amundsen fitted.

Have you tried posting on the other models on this website?I would have thought there was some new owners on there with the Amundsen fitted.

Just did a search on whole site and it looks like Yeti is the only model affected, strange when it's built on the same line at the same time as the Superb!

Just looked on Skoda yeti brochure and it shows maxi dot info displayed and directions on the Amundsen screen,would have thought all the Amundsen units come from the same box.

Sorry to say it, but the brochure actually proves nothing, as there is always a nice little "get-out" clause in small print somewhere that says words like "subject to availability" or "subject to variation".

What you say is true llanigraham, but in spite of any "small print" disclaimers you will find on the back of the brochures, at the bottom of all emails and in front of the manuals, if it turns out (and I suspect it will) that the Maxi Dot with the Amundsen in the Yeti L&K is CLEARLY "not as described" and hence "not fit for purpose", those with the problem have to decide whether they’re prepared to live with it. I, for one, am not.

What you say is true llanigraham, but in spite of any "small print" disclaimers you will find on the back of the brochures, at the bottom of all emails and in front of the manuals, if it turns out (and I suspect it will) that the Maxi Dot with the Amundsen in the Yeti L&K is CLEARLY "not as described" and hence "not fit for purpose", those with the problem have to decide whether they’re prepared to live with it. I, for one, am not.

Really?

I think you might have fun making that assertion stand up in Court.

And it certainly doesn't make the car "not fit for purpose".

I'm sure that those having problems will be OK when the Amundsen that is the same hardware spec to mine gets upgraded with software/firmware to the later version that mine has or perhaps an even later version.

It does amaze me that Skoda UK can produce a brochure that is littered with errors. You invest a lot of money in your vehicle and should know exactly what your are getting equipment wise. Any other product that was not as advertised would be returned for refund.

My new one looks the same as that one up there ^^^^. And it works fine with MaxiDot. If you want, I can get the software version.  Mine's an elegance rathe than an L&K if that makes a difference. I use the maxi dot a lot when I don't want to glance sideways, so I'd be a bit cheesed off if it didn't work!

it works fine with MaxiDot. If you want, I can get the software version.  Mine's an elegance rathe than an L&K if that makes a difference. I use the maxi dot a lot when I don't want to glance sideways, so I'd be a bit cheesed off if it didn't work!

Alex it would be nice if you could post your software version and the build date of your car.

Right version info from the satnav returns

3V0051236A

ECEV2015

I didn't do the full system info, can do if required. Looks the same as Urrell's from a quick glance.

Was week 6 2015 when mine was built.