No Sat Nav info on Maxi-DOT

SKOYET

It's the next number up that's the important one Alex, Software number: Mine is 0136.

And mine was 0133. So far we have have two Elegance owners who chose to have their sat navs upgraded that work and owners with L&Ks with the Amundsen sat nav as "standard" that don't. Could it be only an L&K problem?

I've asked my dealer to check any they have coming through and let me know so I can get some photos and if anybody has a "friendly" dealer and could do the same it might prove helpful.

I appreciate we're doing Skoda's work for them, but they haven't been particularly helpful so far and we may stumble on something that will help our fellow owners!

Based on the above,

does that mean I can turn off the sat-nav instructions in the maxidot?

I'm sure a few may think why?  It's all down to personal choice.

Sorry been busy elsewhere. Will check the Software number tomorrow. No idea if you can turn it off. Having read most of the manual this evening, it's pretty customisable but I don't remember seeing that option,

does that mean I can turn off the sat-nav instructions in the maxidot?

I'm sure a few may think why?  It's all down to personal choice.

You don't need to turn it off just don't select it.

The only thing you'll see is the compass direction you're headed in the top line.

The MaxiDOT will display whatever you want from lots of options.

I hope that's what you mean.

So far we have have two Elegance owners who chose to have their sat navs upgraded that work and owners with L&Ks with the Amundsen sat nav as "standard" that don't. Could it be only an L&K problem?

Pretty sure its more of a build date rather than a model problem. Later ones seeming to be OK.

Be interesting to hear from the first to have the firmware/software update and what software version they went from to and whether it sorted out the MaxiDOT problem.

Exactly, I'm sure the update soon to be given to the post week 47 2014 to week 1 or 2 2015 will be updated OK and will have a fully working MaxiDOT.

PS: Alex I suspect you have no climate control settings transferring to the Amundsen screen for a few seconds when you change them?

Hi Urrell,

When I use the sat-nav, it also gives instructions in the maxi-dot, which I would prefer not to have.

Going into the settings in the M/dot for navigation, it then gives me the 1st picture in your post#2 if I try to change it.

Was wondering if I'm missing something, ie. not looking in the right place or as per usual, not reading the manual (again).

Thanks for your time.

When I use the sat-nav, it also gives instructions in the maxi-dot, which I would prefer not to have.

Press the furthermost right button on the steering wheel and you should get

Image1_zpsuczwvyma.jpg

Just choose something in any of those menus and it will be displayed.

Hardware HD5

Software 0136

So some correlation there. Surely then the 'update' is just to the latest version. It's not like Skoda have to write a new patch for a bug....

Looks interesting in that Alex and Nick with 0136 software in their Amundsens have nav menu/info in the MaxiDot and I, with 0133 don't.

My dealer has promised to call me as soon as he gets the software update, so it will be interesting to see what happens!  

• Like 1

Skoda UK finally confirmed on Friday that "some" UK vehicles were built after week 45 without navigation information on the MaxiDot and it is NOT normal as previously suggested

There will be a software update for the Maxi-DOT and Amundsen Plus (as the upgraded unit is called) and the "Product Development Team" are looking into it, but are currently unable to confirm a date when it will be available to dealers.

They also confirmed Skoda UK will not be notifying customers because it is not a "safety issue" and anybody without navigation information on the MaxiDot should take it up with their dealer.

It's taken a while, but shows that the collective input from people on "owner" websites can make things happen!

"Thanks" to all!

I think you won't have any problems. On ours there is no issue (received a week ago), instructions from amundsen navigation show just fine on maxidot.

The only thing which bothers me is that you don't see the volume bar shown on amundsen screen when using the steering wheel buttons for volume up or down. Which is shown when using volume button on amundsen.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if an update has been released yet?

There has been considerably more info on this subject on the "other" Yeti Owner's website and the answer to your question is "yes" & "no"!

I was notified by Skoda UK about two weeks ago that the "fix" was finally available and was booked in at my local dealer last Friday.

On Wednesday they called to cancel and apologised because of some "confusion" with Skoda "Technical" at Milton Keynes on how to do it.

In the meantime another owner in Ireland with the same problem posted that his Yeti had been fixed by his dealer last week, so I contacted my dealer again yesterday and I'm waiting for a response.

The only thing which bothers me is that you don't see the volume bar shown on amundsen screen when using the steering wheel buttons for volume up or down. Which is shown when using volume button on amundsen.

It does show volume when changing on the MaxiDOT if that is set to Audio.

With that and the Climate Control settings disappearing from the Amundsen it seems to me that they have had to "pinch" channels to enable the Sat-Nav directions to appear on the MaxiDOT.

Would be interesting if anybody that still has the Sat-Nav to MaxiDOT upgrade still shows them on the Amundsen screen.

There has been considerably more info on this subject on the "other" Yeti Owner's website and the answer to your question is "yes" & "no"!

I was notified by Skoda UK about two weeks ago that the "fix" was finally available and was booked in at my local dealer last Friday.

On Wednesday they called to cancel and apologised because of some "confusion" with Skoda "Technical" at Milton Keynes on how to do it.

In the meantime another owner in Ireland with the same problem posted that his Yeti had been fixed by his dealer last week, so I contacted my dealer again yesterday and I'm waiting for a response.

Thanks for that. Looks like they've issued Version 0138 now where mine is on 0135. From the post there, it looks like the dealer did it via the SD card and perfectly doable by us end users. Hopefully Skoda will make it publicly available on their update portal. I don't really want the faff of taking it in.