Another what is it worth thread...........

Hi I'm looking to sell up and leave the Skoda fold.

My car is a two owner silver late BLT engined Skoda Fabia vrs on an 07 plate with 51k miles and FDSH, it is in great condition as anybody that has seen my car, will testify it's been looked after. extras full leather done by seat surgeons in York, cruise control, under seat storage drawers. It has twelve months tax non transferable and will shortly have 12 months mot.

All mods have been fitted by the all round nice bloke Ross/Techie.

Mods.

Engine

Brand new turbo dynamics stage 2 hybrid pd150 fitted 6k miles ago.

Mapped on the rollers by Jabbasport print out to prove results

Forge Fmic

Allard top boost pipe

Forge flurosilicone boost hose to turbo

Uprated pd150 head bolts

Darkside egr delete and mapped out by Jabbasport

Darkside egr cooler delete coolant pipe

Darkside TIP

Gearbox

Helix clutch and SMF kit

Verdict Motorsport and 42 draft shifter bushes

Suspension

FK high sport coilovers

Front and rear Whiteline arbs

Superpro bushes in wishbones

Superpro dogbone mount

Brakes

Octavia vrs 312mm front brake kit

Octavia vrs 256mm rear brake kit

Wheels

17" octavia vrs spiders refurbished in Nissan gtr grey

I know it would be worth stripping and returning the car to stock, but I don't have the time or parts to return back to stock. I'm struggling to put a price on the car.

So what do people think it's worth? Thanks in advance Lee.

Ps. I'm thinking around the £5700 mark?

I am sure you are aware that any mods will always have a "Marmite" factor when coming to sell, putting any car in a niche market and therefore harder to value. I would say around £4 -5k if pushed.

• Like 1

I am sure you are aware that any mods will always have a "Marmite" factor when coming to sell, putting any car in a niche market and therefore harder to value. I would say around £4 -5k if pushed.

This is exactly why I started the thread because I'm unsure what to put my car up for, when the time comes to put it up for sale which will be shortly.

Its only worth what someones prepared to pay. If you put it up for £9k and it sold it would be worth that !

The problem is many list their cars (unsold) and assume their cars are worth that.

However somewhere between £5k and £6k to me doesn't seem unreasonable - dealers might have it a tad more than that although more likely with an SE than a non SE car as they are rarer and seemingly more sought after.

Why not put up for £5.5K and see where you get ?

Incidentally mines BLT also on late 56 (i.e. going on 07), had from new and looked after mine to death but not ecu remapped..

My reality is with the miles around 120 (despite being clean) people assume its worn to death and so worth less !

I would presumably struggle to get £4K (despite having leather, dual din nav with BT, cruise etc) probably closer to £3k.

For a car less than a year newer (possibly a few months) and only about half the miles, maybe it wouldn't be a bad offer to accept anywhere from £4500 onwards I reckon though. End of the day its a 8 yr old car

Wisebuyers (which can be quite pessimistic on the older cars) says £3400! :(

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.jsp?guide=prices&page=used_cars&no=3&make=Skoda&model=Fabia+%282000-07%29&vip=12700&yearplate=2007%2F07&mileage=51&x=51&y=12

• Like 1

Clearly a well maintaned car with all the right upgrades. It's the sort of spec I would be be interested in if I needed another Fabia. Good luck with the sale :)

• Like 1

I paid 5 for mine 2 years ago with 78k completely standard but with cruise, heated seats and 6 CD changer. I think that's a good price if the right buyer comes along- which nowadays obviously the chavs are getting their hands on them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1