dreaded insurance quote time again

As mentioned - don't do 'fronting' where a relative is the main driver. But do add relatives. Even adding my girlfriend when I was younger reduced my premium by £84. Every little helps.

• Like 1

my recent experience - I have/had 4 cars on with admiral - VRS SE, 2.7 Boxster, 3.2 Boxster S, 1.9tdi fabia comfort the renewal quote was a little over £1700 -

shopping around for a while I got all down to £1038 !!

My son's car, the comfort, was £350 with endsleigh - he is 23, 5 yrs ncd, no claims, no convictions -

The other cars are now with direct line.

Spend the time to look around - I saved enough to nearly cover the road tax on them all.

• Like 1

Maybe having your mum or dad as policy holder and you as second driver might bring that down unitl you get more ncb

If you are the main driver and do this you are committing insurance fraud.

It's called "fronting". ;)

I have also been driving 17 years with maxxed out no claims bonus

Adrian Flux just quoted me £530 on my "pd100" - however I have a 250bhp increase written in to my policy as my car isn't exactly running standard BHP. :D

The uplift on my premium to go from a 140bhp Celica to a 1.4 MPI Fabia with a 1.8T swap (with remap etc) was £48 :)

I can knock 40% off my premium by using my mums address in Wales as my postcode ain't the best :(

I'm looking to get a dash cam but I won't be using it with hope of dropping my insurance. I'd hate for it to be used against me for something one day if that ever happened!

I pay £995 anually (including monthly payment interest cost) with Adrian Flux

Mk1 Fabia VRS

Declared Mods: Remap, Lowering Shocks and Springs, Uprated Brakes, Non Standard Alloys & Interior Change

20 years old, 2 yrears NCB

I thought that was very competitive...

This makes no odds due to age, location etc but i just got my quote as im due end of the month. Full comp, £0 excess, 18k a year delcared, remap declared, protected no claims £221 with windscreen cover. Result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes no odds due to age, location etc but i just got my quote as im due end of the month. Full comp, £0 excess, 18k a year delcared, remap declared, protected no claims £221 with windscreen cover. Result.

Thats very good.

I was just curious to know what you guys have been quoted

Plus do insurance companys take dashcams into account

I have more than 10yrs ncb been driving 17yrs

Cheers

SwiftCover, Axa and AdrianFlux do. Some expect you to have one from a list. All expect it to be handed over in an accident. None accept a mobile phone App.

Thats very good.

Thats with Tesco. Im 38 mind with no claims since i was like 23 park in my drive at night and park in the most secure car park known to man during the day.

Adrian Flux £569 with flux rescue.

27 years old, 3 years ncb with all mods declared. Could of beat that price but no by enough to warrant me switching.

On the contrary for me to insure the Pulsar on a limited milage classic car insurance with Footman & James, all mods declared 280bhp estimate, about £300.

Thats with Tesco. Im 38 mind with no claims since i was like 23 park in my drive at night and park in the most secure car park known to man during the day.

Just goes to show that insurance companies make the numbers up.

Amongst my cars the mrs is insured as policy holder on 2.7 boxster she is older than 40 has 20 years no claims, drives 3k miles per year, car is on the drive - Tesco quoted just over £1400 - I got her covered by the red telephone for £168  -

My renewal for my Monte Carlo was MORE than my MK1 VRS and that was with Adrian flux! Ridiculous!!!

Quick quote on swift cover and it was almost half the price for EXACTLY the same level of cover!

Flux matched it however so I renewed with them, it certainly pays to shop around.