best place to buy brakes (standard or upgraded)

I'm needing new front pads and discs soon - i already have the 312mm Octavia upgrade fitted to the front and have the rears to go on when the weather's a bit better.

Where is best to get new discs and pads? I would go for either standard or slightly upgraded parts, suitable for fast road use. I don't really need anything like the Ferodo DS2500s i have on my track car so I'm not sure where to buy.

I know ECP does brakes but i don't want to end up downgrading to lesser then OE parts.

Can anyone help me out? 

Edited by Kevin_Mc

I'll watch this thread with interest as im looking to buy three sets of disks and three sets of pads this week - pads I think im sorted on a combination of Ferodo DS2500 and Brembo Sport HP2000 pads but disks im still out on the count.... (don't want any sort of drilled or grooved, just flat faced, standard looking) 

I always go for Mintex branded discs and pads from a reputable eBay seller. Good quality, as good as OEM and better value. I've used them on all my previous cars without issues. 

If you want an upgrade to standard I would avoid drilled/grooved discs as above and just upgrade the pads, flush the fluid and possibly look at braided hoses while your at it to help firm the pedal up. 

The DS2500s above are good pads however they do take a bit to warm up before they come into their own, depending on what you use your car for they may not be best suited. For a fast road car/track yeah they are good but for a daily commuter they would take a bit to warm up. 

• Like 1

That's what puts me off the DS2500s - i have them on my RS Turbo track car and they're brilliant but take a while to warm up, during which time they're crap.

I use the Fabia for driving to work every day, but do take it the odd blast and plan on doing the track session with it in the future. 

It'll be getting the fluid changed when i swap the brakes over and i don't want the looks/hassle of grooved & drilled discs on a road car so Mintex might be a good shout. I'll get looking

Cheers