Will brand new top turbo hose seal stop it working loose?

I am new to the fabia vrs having been an octavia and octavia vrs owner for ages so im not that up on the fabia vrs yet and my top turbo hose comes loose only a few mm every now and again then im in limp mode until i stop and push it back on again,i have searched and seen self tapping screws seem to cure it, i dont want to do that so will new seals stop this or is it a new boost hose as i want to keep the car standard,is a brand new hose a revised part to cure this ? 

A new seal would help,but a seal is there to seal, not retain the hose in position.

you probably need to 'tweak' the little metal retaining tabs so they get a better grip :)

If you look at the end of the hose, bend them up slightly before pushing the hose in.

Thanks for reply on the octavia 1.8t they changed the design of one of the seals to stop a common boost leak fault,The hose only moves a few mm enough to loose boost pressure tho, i will get some new seals and tweek the locking hooks and wire clip .

• 3 weeks later...

- original clips are crap, allows movement, movement equals lugs on the intercooler housing to become worn, so if these lugs are worn its irrelevant if you buy a mclaren designed coupling made out of moon rock, its not the coulpin lugs that are the issue..

If this is the case you may well have to self tap them, by all means try double jublie clips and tie wraps, PTFE etc first