UK Pricing & Spec

Coops

Yes, looks a good spread doesn't it.

Only brief detail on the specifications, be better once a full brochure comes out but at least gives a guidelines.

My car is just over 2.5 k dearer at list prices not too bad but I did get mine at the no vat time, therefore I saved nearly six grand which would make the new car almost nine grand more!

May have to wait a few years before the offers start again.

Edited by Danny 57

My car is just over 2.5 k dearer at list prices not too bad but I did get mine at the no vat time, therefore I saved nearly six grand which would make the new car almost nine grand more!

May have to wait a few years before the offers start again.

The equivalent to my MkII is only £800 list price more. I also bought at VAT off time so that takes it to 5K more, but at the non-VAT off rates £800 increase is not too bad. What model do you have Danny for it to be 2.5K more?

The equivalent to my MkII is only £800 list price more. I also bought at VAT off time so that takes it to 5K more, but at the non-VAT off rates £800 increase is not too bad. What model do you have Danny for it to be 2.5K more?

The two litre L&K with most of the options at the time.

Superb SE L Executive          

2.0 TSI 280PS 4x4 DSG        £31,120

That sounds nearly tempting ... If I can negotiate it down some :)

I presume that engine/transmission is available in hatch too, not just estate ?

Edited by Mr Grump

Superb SE L Executive          

2.0 TSI 280PS 4x4 DSG        £31,120

That sounds nearly tempting ... If I can negotiate it down some :)

I presume that engine/transmission is available in hatch too, not just estate ?

The Estate's not been launched yet, so yes.

• Like 1

Only £500 difference between 1.6 and 2.0 diesels. Not bad for an extra 30bhp.

Interesting to see no sat nav on the lower two trims.

How's about £2200 extra for 40bhp more in the 2.0ltr diesel in SE L trim! That certainly isn't reasonable unless it's got super duper tech under the bonnet!

I'll stick with 150bhp and just hope it is enough. Nice spec though otherwise, just a shame they got greedy.

Guys,

How does this compare with UK pricing on previous the current model?

Seems to increase by 5 to 10% depending on the model versus current UK prices (less on lower spec lower powered models).  I'm keeping an eye out for prices over here but I'm not overly impressed with those increases.  Based on what SUK have done I'm not looking forward to seeing what Skoda Ireland will produce.  My L&K was well over €37K so based on a 10% increase that puts it at €42K - that's only about €4/5K less than a standard model (but these days a very adequate spec) A6 or 520d!

• Like 1

Seems to increase by 5 to 10% depending on the model versus current UK prices (less on lower spec lower powered models).  I'm keeping an eye out for prices over here but I'm not overly impressed with those increases.  Based on what SUK have done I'm not looking forward to seeing what Skoda Ireland will produce.  My L&K was well over €37K so based on a 10% increase that puts it at €42K - that's only about €4/5K less than a standard model (but these days a very adequate spec) A6 or 520d!

Have to agree. They need to be very carful on price point. Speaking to a Skoda sales guy recently and he reckoned the Elegance price in Ireland on the current model was over the top. On the other hand Skoda Ireland need to be careful not to skimp on the specifications as most guys I know driving Skodas do so for the value they get.

Why can't they give us the option of a manual box on 4x4 with the the more powerful diesel engine? This seems to be endemic in the entire Skoda/Seat/VW/Audi range.

A manual box with that 280PS motor would be great as well.

• Like 1

Have to agree. They need to be very carful on price point. Speaking to a Skoda sales guy recently and he reckoned the Elegance price in Ireland on the current model was over the top. On the other hand Skoda Ireland need to be careful not to skimp on the specifications as most guys I know driving Skodas do so for the value they get.

I think €40K is an important price point in Ireland and is a tipping point for many.  A lot of people I know are attracted to the value that Skoda represents however most will say '€40K is too much for a Skoda' and will look elsewhere.  I'm sure it is the same in the UK at the £30Kstg point.  With a brand like Skoda you either have a something that represents exceptional value for money or offer an incredible amount of spec for the money.  I think other brands have caught up on the spec at this stage and there are not as many wow factors anymore (apart from space of course).  Having built-in sat nav, heated seats all round and self park etc was a huge differentiating factor back in 2009/10, but not anymore.

• Like 1

There is one important thing here, if this is indeed the list they're going to sell in the UK - you cannot buy Passat with a petrol engine here. Which is a very surprising move by VAG.

Apparently petrol engines made up a tiny amount of Superb (and I suppose Passat) sales in the UK, but I can see that changing now they are much more efficient. Especially the 280BHP version which beats the old V6 on performance but is much better on fuel and emissions.

How's about £2200 extra for 40bhp more in the 2.0ltr diesel in SE L trim! That certainly isn't reasonable unless it's got super duper tech under the bonnet!

I'll Sick with 150bhp and just hope it is enough. Nice spec though otherwise, just a shame they got greedy.

Doesn't the larger 2.0TDI use urea to comply with the emissions regs? SCR is it they call it? So slightly different to a conventional DPF. Perhaps that could account for some of the extra cost.

Doesn't the larger 2.0TDI use urea to comply with the emissions regs? SCR is it they call it? So slightly different to a conventional DPF. Perhaps that could account for some of the extra cost.

Could well do, uses AdBlue in SCR rather than the EGR route. Colleagues SEAT Alhambra uses AdBlue, that is 2.0 TDI.