UK Pricing & Spec

Coops

There is one important thing here, if this is indeed the list they're going to sell in the UK - you cannot buy Passat with a petrol engine here. Which is a very surprising move by VAG.

I never knew that with the Passat - would have thought a petrol would have been in there somewhere, obviously targeted well and truly at the fleet market.

No sign of a vRS / sporting model in that listing so far (as might happen some day according to Skoda's CEO & Autocar).

Also interesting that the 220 ps Tsi will be sold here, a straight replacement for my current car! 

DC 

Another 2.0TSI owner here - good to see both the 220 and 280ps options for the new model

I think I'd be happy with an SE-L Executive with the odd option, apart from really not liking the Zenith wheels. Hopefully other designs will be available as an option.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the pricing and the spec, and unfortunately the usual SUK's logic of "you can only get a 190bhp engine with uncomfortable and quick-wearing leather, rock hard bling 19" wheels/tyres, and a ton of unwanted gadgets" seems to apply.

I'll pass for sure until S/SE trims allow the 190bhp engine... or will source the car from elsewhere when the time comes. Shame  :dull:

• Like 1

Just had a look at the pricing and the spec, and unfortunately the usual SUK's logic of "you can only get a 190bhp engine with uncomfortable and quick-wearing leather, rock hard bling 19" wheels/tyres, and a ton of unwanted gadgets"

The 190 bhp in SE L Executive trim comes with 18" wheels

They're still not 16" (S), or as a last resort 17" (SE), given slightly larger wheels than Mk1/Mk2. Roads have not improved since my Mk1 purchase...

Why can't they give us the option of a manual box on 4x4 with the the more powerful diesel engine? This seems to be endemic in the entire Skoda/Seat/VW/Audi range.

A manual box with that 280PS motor would be great as well.

I couldn't agree more. I have contacted Skoda UK about this and they said I was not the only person to tell them they had lost a potential sale because of this. I would recommend anyone who wants a higher powered Skoda 4x4 with a manual gearbox to let both their local dealer and Skoda UK customer services know. That way we may be lucky later in the model cycle.

I have also said the same to VW regarding the new Passat and Seat regarding the Leon 4x4

Edited by Bristolf2b

I think €40K is an important price point in Ireland and is a tipping point for many.  A lot of people I know are attracted to the value that Skoda represents however most will say '€40K is too much for a Skoda' and will look elsewhere.  I'm sure it is the same in the UK at the £30Kstg point.  With a brand like Skoda you either have a something that represents exceptional value for money or offer an incredible amount of spec for the money.  I think other brands have caught up on the spec at this stage and there are not as many wow factors anymore (apart from space of course).  Having built-in sat nav, heated seats all round and self park etc was a huge differentiating factor back in 2009/10, but not anymore.

I was hoping to get pricing on one in the very near future but is looking very unlikely as I am due to change in August 8th.

As a substitute I can get a very nicely spec'd Passat 150 Highline with Business edition and Sports pack for arounf 38k

Not sure i can see the superb compete with that.

I was hoping to get pricing on one in the very near future but is looking very unlikely as I am due to change in August 8th.

As a substitute I can get a very nicely spec'd Passat 150 Highline with Business edition and Sports pack for arounf 38k

Not sure i can see the superb compete with that.

They are 'launching' in the Irish market on 01 August but not sure when it is available for sale here. I'd imagine the real push will be for 161 plates. Pity you'll miss out but the Passat is not a bad option and with prices on the up for the Superb there mightn't be much in it price wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They have announced an SE Business Edition today too in the UK which is what I would get if I could wait that long.

I have a MK2 SE Business edition on order but estimate is 22 weeks which puts it about 1 week before MK3 so have asked if they can transfer the order over to the equivalent.

Waiting to hear back but I doubt they will as don't think the orders open until June.

• 2 weeks later...

They are 'launching' in the Irish market on 01 August but not sure when it is available for sale here. I'd imagine the real push will be for 161 plates. Pity you'll miss out but the Passat is not a bad option and with prices on the up for the Superb there mightn't be much in it price wise

Well,

I could not wait that long so had to go ahead and become an outcast.

Ordered the passat.

At least I stayed in the same stable :D

Well,

I could not wait that long so had to go ahead and become an outcast.

Ordered the passat.

At least I stayed in the same stable :D

I sincerely hope the delivery times will be shorter in your country that in Spain. A job colleague has just ordered his Passat this week. Estimated delivery date: 2016, week 4. And I'm not joking.

I sincerely hope the delivery times will be shorter in your country that in Spain. A job colleague has just ordered his Passat this week. Estimated delivery date: 2016, week 4. And I'm not joking.

What :o

If that is the case it will be getting cancelled.

What??  That's unbelievable - is that just for a standard model.  A Ferrari or a Bugatti wouldn't take as long to build and deliver!

• Like 1

Is that for the 1.6 by any chance?
Apparently there is a delay on these. As far as I am aware Ireland slot is used up for these but the 2.0 is apparently ok. So I have been told.

No, it's for the TDI 190 HP Sport. Maybe such a big delay it's due to TDI 190 production began only one month ago. Anyway, if I were you, I'd go to the local dealer to ask for the production week and delivery week, or at least an estimation of both.

No, it's for the TDI 190 HP Sport. Maybe such a big delay it's due to TDI 190 production began only one month ago. Anyway, if I were you, I'd go to the local dealer to ask for the production week and delivery week, or at least an estimation of both.

Well,

When I ordered it last Thursday the dealer told me week old orders were now set for build week 23/24 so he Said I should be good for week 25/26. Delivery around 28/29. Collection week 31.

Ah, but which year. He he he he (sorry no emnicons).

This year. :D

Spoke with the dealer today.

Build week 28 confirmed.

If any updates are coming for MY16 then I should be covered for them.

My colllection is dated for week 31 so cutting it a bit tight. :)

Prices and UK specification for the all-new Superb Hatch have been confirmed. Revolutionary technologies, exciting features and a bold design bring our flagship model to the forefront of its class. Highlights include:

• Modern and elegant exterior and interior design
• Lightweight construction (75kg less than previous model)
• More interior space than previous model
• Innovative technologies and driver assistance systems
• More power, performance and efficiency than previous model
• High level of standard specification
• Competitive pricing

Prices start from just £18,640. See the PDF below for details of on-the-road prices for all Superb Hatch derivatives except SE Business, which are not confirmed at the time of publication. Other prices will be published when CO2 emissions have been confirmed for each derivative.

Launch timings

• Open for ordering: Summer 2015
• Brochure (PDF): Summer 2015
• Training: June 2015
• UK launch: September 2015

Use these links to learn more about the new Superb Hatch:

Exterior highlights
Interior highlights
Engines
CO2, fuel economy and wheel sizes
Trim levels and specification highlights
Technology highlights
Prices

SK0173-15%20New%20Superb%20Hatch%203.jpgExterior highlights

The ŠKODA team, led by Chief Designer Jozef Kaban, have taken the brand’s design language to a whole new level with the introduction of the new Superb. Its dimensions are some of the biggest in the B segment, yet its shape remains sleek and sophisticated thanks to clean lines, smoothly shaped surfaces and sharp edges.

Encircling the new Superb completely is a wing line that creates ‘shoulders’ along the sides, which merge with the sharp boot edge. The design also has invisible elements such as the tailpipe, bonnet, tailgate and side door protectors, which integrate functional elements without disturbing the clean lines.

While the length has increased by 28mm compared to the previous Superb, the wheelbase is 80mm longer and the wheels are positioned to give the car perfect balance. It is 47mm wider and six millimetres taller than its predecessor, reinforcing the impression of stability and sportiness, while the lines of the moderately sloped roof create a coupe-like silhouette.

The headlights and radiator area sit closer to the road compared to the previous generation, which reinforces the dynamic and aggressive look of the car. The bonnet and headlights are inspired by the VisionC concept, and the sharp-edged spoiler, massive honeycomb grille and fog lights with inclined glass covers look as though they are biting into the bumper, giving the car a hugely powerful appearance.

(Back to top)

Inside%20new%20Superb%20SK0124-15%201.jpInterior highlights

Lots of space, high-quality materials, excellent ergonomics and premium workmanship continue to set the benchmark for first-class comfort.

Everything is simpler, cleaner and straighter than before. The seat shapes have been enhanced to match the car’s dynamic exterior, and the choice of decorative inserts and upholsteries is more extensive than on the previous generation.

The Superb's cabin length is once again the best in the B segment, even though it is 23mm shorter than in the previous model. Rear-seat legroom remains unchanged (157mm) and width is also unrivalled in its segment. There’s more elbow room for passengers – 39mm in the front and 69mm in the rear – and more headroom – three millimetres in the front and 25mm in the rear. Generously-sized windows provide the final touch to create a light and airy atmosphere for driver and passengers.

Advanced infotainment systems with large colour touchscreens (up to eight inches with the Columbus system) give the driver lots of useful information, and features such as the new tri-zone air-conditioning and LED interior lighting in a choice of three colours combine to take the Superb’s travelling experience to the next level.

Finally, customers will be pleased to learn that the new Superb comes with not one, but two umbrellas, situated for the first time in the front doors.

(Back to top)

Engines

All engines for the new Superb are EU6 emissions compliant and include stop/start, turbo-charging, four valves per cylinder and direct fuel injection (combined with indirect injection in the 2.0 TSI). The full line-up comprises:

• 1.4 TSI 125PS with six-speed manual
• 1.4 TSI 150PS with fuel-saving cylinder deactivation
• 2.0 TSI 280PS linked to a sophisticated four-wheel drive system and six-speed direct shift gearbox (DSG)
• 1.6 TDI 120PS with six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG
• 2.0 TDI 150PS with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed DSG, and optionally four-wheel drive
• 2.0 TDI 190PS with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed DSG, and optionally four-wheel drive
• Super-efficient GreenLine models will join the line-up at a later date

Some of the engines have been seen before in the Octavia, but many are making their debut, including the most powerful engine now available in a production ŠKODA: the 2.0 TSI 280PS.

The cylinder deactivation, called ACT, also makes its ŠKODA debut. It effectively gives customers two engines in one: a fuel-efficient two cylinder and a powerful four cylinder.

(Back to top)

CO2, fuel economy and wheel sizes

EU directive 715/2007, which came into force in 2014, says that CO2 levels must be tested on and determined by wheel sizes. This is known as ‘tyre clustering’.

This means that CO2 and fuel consumption figures differ according to the size of wheels selected. Please check carefully with customers about their efficiency requirements to help them select the correct trim level and/or optional wheels when this information becomes available.

(Back to top)

Trim levels and specification highlights

The new Superb will be offered in five trim levels: S, SE, SE Business, SE L Executive, and Laurin & Klement. Here’s what they each include:

S trim

Exterior
16-inch Orion alloy wheels (215/60 R16)
Body-coloured door mirrors and door handles
Halogen headlights with daytime running lights
Front fog lights
LED rear lights

Comfort and convenience
Three-spoke leather multi-function steering wheel
Cloth upholstery
Electric parking brake
Removable lamp in boot
Small leather package

Safety and security
ESC inc ABS, EBV, MSR, ASR, EDS, HBA, DSR, RBS, CBC, multi-collision brake (MKB) and autohold
Pedestrian protection
XDS+

Technology
Bluetooth
DAB digital radio
Front assist
Maxi-DOT trip computer
Light assistant
Stop/start
Swing radio with five-inch touchscreen and ports for USB and SD card

SE (over S)

Exterior
17-inch Helios alloy wheels (215/55 R17)

Comfort and convenience
Cloth upholstery
Dual-zone air conditioning
Electrically folding door mirrors
Rear parking sensors

Safety and security
Cornering front fog lights

Technology
Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
Bolero radio with 6.5-inch touchscreen and ports for USB and SD card
SmartLink

SE Business (over SE)

Exterior
Alcantara upholstery
Front and rear parking sensors
Sunset glass

Technology
Amundsen satellite navigation system
Drive mode selection
Phone box (with wireless charging from week 22, 2016)

SE L Executive (over SE)

Exterior
18-inch Zenith alloy wheels (235/45 R18)
Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS and LED
Headlight washers

Comfort and convenience
Boot net programme
Electrically operated boot
Electrically adjustable driver’s seat with memory
Leather upholstery and heated front seats
Sunset glass

Safety and security
Cornering front fog lights
Rain sensor

Technology
Columbus satellite navigation system with eight-inch touchscreen
Drive mode selection

Laurin & Klement (over SE L Executive)

Exterior
18-inch Pegasus anthracite alloy wheels (235/45 R18)

Comfort and convenience
10-speaker Canton sound system
Floor mats
Piano black decorative inserts
Tri-zone climate control

Technology
Blind spot detection
Colour Maxi-DOT
KESSY keyless entry
Lane assist
Park assist
TV tuner
Virtual pedal (for opening the boot)

• Like 2

Earlier press releases said the UK would get the 220PS TSI with DSG and also the 150PS ACT TSI would have a DSG option, both of which are missing from the above post. I wonder if that's an omission or have they been dropped even before the launch ?

Pity they didn't include the virtual pedal further down the spec. I know it's not unique to the Superb but would be a nice selling point. Also the lack of full LEDs, even as an option or on the L&K is disappointing [emoji107]