Willis Motor Company - South Ruislip..

DGW

Originally posted by des_pd_tdi - Fri Mar 5, 2004

Very very competent dealership.

Gave me a date for car delivery and bettered it by three days. The salesman sat down with me and went though all the paperwork for the car, disscussed servicing costs and showed me around the car pointing out the additional features the VR/S has over my old VW Polo.

Even gave me a bunch of flowers for my wife - nice touch.

Originally posted by john@thompsons - Wed Oct 27, 2004

Pros: Friendly, Efficient and good deals!

Cons: Not too local for me.

Now on my 3rd Skoda from Dennis, Mark and John.

Great guys, never let me down and always talk sense!

Now I am skint, but happy... smile.gif

John

Originally posted by hussein - Thu Dec 30, 2004

Pros: friendly, fast

Cons: none

I was in here yesterday to buy a set of carpet mats for my Fabia. They are helpful and friendly and while I was there, they sorted out my rear wash/wipe not washing and reset the 'Service INSP' on the dashboard (it had been serviced recently). All done in 5 minutes. Recommended.

Originally posted by Fabia 12v - Sun Oct 2, 2005

Got my Fabia from these guys... fantastic service... very helpfull and not a single blip in the system anywhere... completed with a fantastic car

• 4 months later...

Excellent.

I have had a few visits to get my car serviced here and have been very impressed with the service. A couple of examples of this:

First time I rang up to book a service and get some engine running problems and warranty work sorted out - over this initial call all the likely diagnoses causing the running problems were covered. It was reassuring that all memebers of staff were up to speed on their knowledge of the cars.

Another time a coil pack went and they mangaged to get it sorted very quickly indeed- about 2 hours from the fault occuring till when i left the garage having had it fixed and that includes the time I took to drive the car there.

I will definitely continue using them in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
FYI Went over today to Willis Motors in Greenford - West London to order up another set of headlamp covers (stone on M40 killed one but thankfully not the light underneath)' date=' only to find the place completely empty with directions to their very impressive brand new site just off Victoria Road, South Ruislip. Even with their directions they are now pretty difficult to find being tucked away on an un-named trading estate road which is not listed on the A-Z. Brilliant eh!

Having wasted a fair bit of time finding them I thought it might be helpful to other Briskoda members to post the following rather clearer directions. Anyone wanting to find Willis Motors should head North along Victoria Road in South Ruislip and turn first left just after passing the massive Wickes superstore - you should see the Skoda signs ahead of you at the very end of the road.[/quote']..

• 11 months later...

Got My Octi 2.0 Tdi from here based on the very good experience of my M8 who got his VRs from them.

Had 2 issues with the car within a few days (1 major - Gearbox failure!!!).

There was no question of the usual dealership hassle. Both problems sorted out with the minimum of fuss. The gearbox was replaced within 2 days and the car delivered back to my house personally, despite the fact I had a loan car. The other problem (radiator) was replaced while I waited.

Couldn't believe how upset they were that these faults got by the PDI, but full credit for the speed that they sorted it all out. That's the sign of a good dealership. Thoroughly reccomended.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

H i all glad you liked the service you recived @ wmc we are always here to help, & pride our selfs on being competive & fair! we have recently launched our new site Willis Motor Company - New and Used Skoda London Dealership any ideas or sugessions on how to make the site better would be great, All the best Jason. p.s farmerp2005 I think your car is due a service hehe

• 1 month later...

I've not used any other Skode dealership and Willis is local to me. Very friendly and efficient.

Well worth going out of your way for.

• 1 month later...

Just some feedback from a past experience:

Initially impressed with the service I was getting, when I first got my car.

Feel sooooo disapointed after my last experience!! I felt so let down by the servicing team. They really did not seem to understand the point I was trying to make.

Any other company would have bent over backwards to at least, try and understand, and I did not even get an apology.

I am sorry, if you had asked me a couple of years back, I would happily give this place a thumbs up, but I cannot recommend this dealer anymore, I won't be upgrading my car from them, and I will not give them anymore of my business.

• 2 months later...

I am disappointed you were less than impressed by our Servicing Team. The quality of service we provide at all levels is paramount to the future success of our business. A substantial proportion of our buisness (sales & servicing) is obtained by way of personal recommendation.

If you feel we can secure any of your future bussiness, please contact our Brand Controller, Mr Chris Croft.

I apologise your most recent experience with Willis Motor Company did not live up to your best expectations.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the process of buying an Octavia VRS from them.

Things started badly when they wouldn't budge on the price by even a few quid, and then it turned out that after travelling 15 miles to get there, the salesman wasn't even *allowed* to negotiate on price. We finally did a deal (I had to drive back a few days later) with them throwing in the road tax, which I felt was the least I'd expect, especially considering that there's a scratch down the driver's door.

Now I've discovered that they're selling me a car which is due a cambelt in a few months and they're unwilling to talk about getting that done pre-sale as part of their "extensive pre-sale checks and servicing". Had I not done extensive research on this site first, I would have never known about the impending cambelt change (has to be done at 4 years old apparently... new one on me).

It remains to be seen how the rest of my experience pans out, but it's not looking good so far.

EDIT:

Willis Motor Company came good in the end - I'm pleased to say they've offered to contribute towards the cost of the cambelt when it's due. Other points:

- They handled my number plate transfer for me with no problem

- The Mrs. got some flowers. Presume this is to ensure Wife Acceptance Factor?

- The salesman not being able to negotiate on price isn't strictly his fault, but it would be nice to know before you start the haggling process...

- Salesman ever friendly even when faced with my grumbling self.

Edited by louisv6
Sales transaction complete!

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken my 05 reg MK1 Octavia VRS to Willis for the 10, 20, 40, 50 and 60k (inc. cambelt) services to date. (30k service carried out an *another* dealer... who left a spanner rattling around under the bonnet :eek:... haven't been back to that dealer since!).

Very friendly and helpful staff @ Willis (both reception and technical), no complaints at all. Would recommend them.

Russell

• 4 weeks later...

Just used them for the first time for the service on my 04 Fabia vRS.

Can't recommend them highly enough. Fast, friendly and they really know their stuff.

I went here after reading the reviews on Briskoda and wont be going anywhere else.

• 2 months later...

Now on my second Car from them (as is a mate of mine). Quality of service staff is as good as ever, and I'm now the proud owner of an Octavia VRS LE. From Speaking to Jason, and picking up the car (including sorting out finance and PX) - 5 working days. Is this a record? Have no hesitation in recommending them again.

• 1 month later...

what a great team at Willis, the sales team, the reception staff and all the work force out back, each and every one go that extra mile. :thumbup:

bought our first fabia from Willis eighteen months ago. well impressed with the sales team, friendly and helpful without being pushy....... when a couple of months later it developed a problem with the air condition unit. phoned Willis who said they would be happy to fix it, but as we are a two hour drive away ,made the big mistake of taking it to a skoda dealer in Basildon.......the staff there could all do with some "customer service training" from Willis!!!

they charged over the top and in a short time the same fault occured.

This time we drove the two hours to 'Willis' what a difference from Basildon,they were more than happy to fix the problem and did so in a short time, and, didn't charge a penny, but it cost me a few extra thousand, while waiting the wife spotted a silver fabia automatic..... (got a suspicion she was just after another bunch of flowers)... nice touch.... and yes i'm now the proud owner of my second skoda, in the safe knowledge, that if anything does go wrong, it will be worth the two hour drive just to see their smiling face's :):):)

• 2 months later...

I used Willis Motor Co again for the service of the Octavia this week, it's a bit of a trek from where I live, but I had to visit someone in Harrow so I killed two birds with one stone.

Loan cars are usually available, the service price was what I was quoted on the phone and that was very competitive compared to other dealers.

The staff are Knowledgeable and actually make you feel like a customer.:thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I cannot recommend them highly enough... bought my first Skoda an Octy from them two years ago... Jason and Will always totally professional... know their products unlike some.... and how to look after their customers... they are credit to the Skoda brand. Unfortunately on this occasion we could not agree a deal on my new Yeti, so going elsewhere for my new car... Will be using them for parts, servicing etc without giving it a second thought.

• 7 months later...

Don't bother using this shower for parts.

Just got off the phone to them after attempting to order

some trim panel clips for doors.

Initially impressed by how quickly the receptionist answered the phone and transferred me to

the parts section.

Then I got some surly sounding bloke who started banging on about how I'd have to spend

£1500 to have anything delivered by them. When I pointed out that surely they could use the post

he then told me there was a £10 surcharge for posting me the goods. emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

For 4 quids worth of plastic clips I thought this was a major pi$$ take.

He clearly didn't want to help me out at all so I politely told him to shove it and called

**************. When my clips come in on Wednesday they offered to post them

for free. What a contrast!!

I'll never spend a bean with Willis now that's for sure.

Their parts section need to wind their necks in a bit.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer in this forum deleted. Post comment in their dedicated forum if you so wish.

• 1 year later...

Having never used the same dealer for more than one car, I am now on my third car from Willis's (in fact it's a total of 5 for the household), and this only comes as a result of excellent service and advice. After mentioning that I would one day like to run a Superb, Jason managed to pull a feat whereby I now have one that is costimg me less than the Octavia VRS I had before, and this includes the servicing (that's gotta be a neat trick in anyone's book). Even managed to get me a few extras such as a new fascia for my Columbus with the minimum of fuss and a resonable price from the spares dept.

Well, with this level of service, Dennis and his team now have a regular in me, and I will definitely be using them again for my next car. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Brought my 06 Fabia VRS from them on Sunday 15th. Top service.

Threw in 12months tax and MOT without having to ask them.

Car needed new cambelt and some minor alloy wheel refurb which they were open and honest about and also did at no extra cost before I collected it.

Great dealer who are honest and know their stuff and will def be going back. Jason is a top guy

Thanks again