Willis Motor Company - South Ruislip..

DGW

I've only been dealing with Willis Skoda for a couple of months now (and only for parts and accessories, as my first service isn't due until January), but I have to say my initial experiences have been nothing short of excellent.

Willis is my local dealership, just round the corner from home. Jeff on the parts counter is a really helpful chap, and has gone the extra mile more than once to track down accessories and parts for me that were not on the UK parts list (boot storage boxes and luggage hooks for the Rapid Spaceback for example). Always friendly, always helpful and always happy to deal with my requests for prices. He also always returns calls when he says he will.

The service reception has also been very helpful with regards to quoting for my first service, digging out all the details of what that service would entail, the pricing options and making sure I had the desk and mobile number for the service manager if I had any more questions.

I'll update once I've actually had the first service done, but initial signs are promising.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick follow-up on my experiences with Willis Skoda:

Took the Rapid Spaceback in for its first service just under a fortnight ago, could not be happier with both the workmanship and the customer service. Knowing I was strapped for time, they put my car through the workshop first, so I was in and out in under 90 minutes. I was kept fully informed of progress the whole time and there was plenty of tea on hand.

This past weekend, I took my mum to this dealership to look at a Fabia (she was in need of a new car). Pleased to say we decided to purchase a low mileage 2012 Fabia Estate from Willis, which we collected today. Once again, the team at Willis were extremely helpful, offering us solutions on different used Fabias in terms of repairing wear-and-tear damage and cosmetic blemishes to ensure we were 100% happy with any eventual purchase we might make. The main thing was they were flexible and happy to discuss concerns, and were keen to find a solution that we would be happy with. And they did. The car we settled on was perfect, we agreed a good price and they even put an extra smile on my Mum's face by presenting her with a bunch of flowers this morning when we came to collect the car.

This is the sort of good old-fashioned service that sets good companies apart from the rest. It's alive and well at Willis as I've had the same good experiences every time I've been in, whether it has been for spares, servicing and now to buy a car.

Thanks

Chris

• 5 months later...

Took my 1.8 Tsi Octavia to Willis Motor Company in South Ruislip today. First time I'd been there as I used to use the very good, now closed, Marlborough Motors in Isleworth. I received a useful phone call yesterday afternoon reminding me about the booking, reminding me to bring photo ID and driving licence ( for the loan car), the service book, and suggesting I noted the mileage before I went in to save going out to the car again. Got there too early this morning but the staff where even earlier, the reception manager (Bavaish?) saw me arrive and came out to let me in. Service manager Jason took over. Great welcome, free coffee/water, big, spotless showroom with some very nice cars on display. Loan car ( nice little, very clean, low mileage Citigo) sorted very quickly. Service details explained and quote provided. Got a call mid afternoon from Jason to say the car was ready. Same great welcome, coffee / water, paperwork ready, car washed and interior cleaned. Most importantly, serviced, MOT'd (no issues, no advisories! ) and comprehensive parts check all glowing green ( green means good- no problems - woohoo! ) . Reasonable price too. Very professional, customer orientated outfit. No problems recommending it. Well done guys. See you again.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Finally got round to getting first hand experience of this dealer/service garage. Took the car in for some overdue warranty work to get rid of a *really* annoying rattle and a fault on the high beam assist.

Friendly service on the phone was repeated on arrival. Someone came round on a test drive to confirm the noise and set some reasonable expectations on whether a fix could be achieved and how long it could take.

Left the dealer at midday and got a call early afternoon next day to say the car was ready, both issues resolved!

Impressed and grateful they got the rattle resolved as it was annoying us to death! Also because in my mind a rattling sunroof is not easy to fix as it can be quite a lot of messing about as the roof liner needs to be stripped out and there's a lot of possible adjustments.

No wash, I suppose as it was a warranty job not a service and I chose not to take advantage of a courtesy car although one was offered.

Happy so far (until the rattle comes back... Fingers crossed it doesn't!)

Happy to recommend to others based on experience so far and will likely use them for servicing later in the year.

I also noted that they do servicing of all VAG cars and likely work out cheaper than those respective dealers. Useful for anyone that also has a VW or an Audi.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Edited by RB79

• 3 months later...

Had my Skoda Octavia serviced here twice. The first service a year ago was excellent from the initial booking, car collection / return and paperwork. Sadly the service recently undertaken was the complete opposite.

When I booked my car I advised them that I had changed the number plate since the previous service and provided the new details. Was advised that they would update their records. When the driver came to collect the car he nearly didn't knock at my door as he assumed that the car on the drive was not the one to be collected as he still had the original registration number on his records. When I was phoned to be advised that the service had been completed I was quoted a price which was £40 more than I had been previously quoted. This was then rectified before I paid. When the car was returned the paperwork for the Health Check was missing. The driver promised this would be sent but a week later had not been received. I then put a request in for this via their website and did not get either an acknowledgement of my request or the Health Check by post. The car was due to have a Brake Fluid change but this was not ticked on the Service Book when the car was returned. I questioned this to the driver he said 'Don't worry I can tick that' and duly did as if that solved the problem however, Brake Fluid was also not listed under Parts / Materials.

I then made a compliant by email about the missing Health Form and concerns about the Brake Fluid. Their responses have been lacking in both acknowledgement of their shortcomings and a half hearted offer to check the Brake Fluid although stating that it had been changed but no explanation why the book hadn't been ticked or replacement fluid listed as a part/material.

Next year I will use a different dealer....

• 7 months later...

Ordered a Yeti from Willis for delivery in January. So far service has been very good.

In the interim, my mum has just bought an ex-motability 2 year old Yeti from them and is also very happy with the service.

I went to them on a personal recommendation from a colleague who is on his 3rd Octavia from them and has been very happy.

Fingers crossed they will continue to be good, particularly as my other local dealer (Citygate Watford) are pretty awful.

• 4 years later...

This a seriously late response, but I, too, would recommend this dealership, who sold me my second Skoda in 1995. It was a Felicia and the deal was really good, and they even threw in a full tank of petrol-NICE ONE! 

• 2 years later...

Willis let me test drive the brand new shape Fabia without any problems. They even let me go out on my own without the usual baby sitting salesman in tow. I was so impressed I bought it.