A E Witham & Sons Ltd - Nr Walton-on-Thames..

DGW

Originally posted by numskull - 03-07-2003, 10:41

Bought a one owner 2001 1.6 Ambiente with 42k on 27th June 03 from this Dealer. Found them to be helpful, courteous and professional. Fixed a number of problems under warranty on the 1st July and gave me a courtesy car for he day - broken rear window isolation switch, spare key remote, rattling from rear door, noisy brakes, steering pull to the left, but failed to fix the sticking accelerator pedal - engine revs stay at high revs when pedal is released - have to jam me toes under the pedal to release!

Overall I'd recommend them.

Num

Originally posted by FabiaTDi - 03-07-2003, 11:41

A mate of mine bought his Fabia tdi from this dealer & i think he was fairly pleased with the service he got, although the drivers door lock broke on his and he had to get in and out through the passenger door! Withams took a while to get it sorted IIRC.

btw he says he has "better things to do" when told him about briskoda.

oh well he still cant work out why mine seems a " bit quicker" than his

Originally posted by Andy Tang - 16-10-2003, 15:24

A friend of mine was looking an Octavia TDI and they were very helpful and friendly. (although the same can not be said for the local dealer, which has recently changed to selling Kia's, but that's a different story!!)

In fact, they were so helpful to my friend, I'm popping down there on Saturday to have a look at the new Fabia vRS!

Originally posted by Andy Tang - 19-10-2003, 18:19

I have to say I would recommend this dealer from a pre-sales point of view (unable to judge the service department and warrenty claims as I don't have a Skoda yet!!!)

First Contact:

Over the telephone I spoke to Adam who was very friendly, professional and had the facts off the top of his head!!

The Visit:

Met Adam in person and I can only reiterate what I already said, he was friendly, remembered my name (from the telephone conversation), professional, informative and a rugby fan (which helps as we turned up after watching South Africa get beaten by England!! )

Post-test drive:

We gave him constructive comments about the test drive and why we wouldn't order one straight away (see the thread in the general forum). He was understanding when we expected to be riducled!!!

Gave us more information to take away and suggested a longer test drive!

At no point was there the high pressure sales that you see in some other garages!

To summise, professional, friendly and relaxed atmosphere! I would highly recommend them to anyone who will listen!!

Originally posted by italiastar - Sat Jun 12, 2004

Pros: Very Helpful / knowledgable / not pushy

This was the first dealer I called and visited, so I'm pleased when it came to the deal that I bought from them.

I spoke to Adam and he was immediately very friendly and helpful. When I met him this continued and he gave us some options which were very tempting - at the time we were looking for a 1.2 / 1.4. We aggred to wait until the right used deal came up and Adam agreed to look out for us.

After a bit of looking around I was tempted by the VRS, but couldn't justify it. Adam kept in touch and kept a lookout for the right car.

In the end we finally decided on the VRS - you only live once! - just goes to show, patience pays off. Thanks also to the sales manager, Alan for his help.

From my sales experience, I can certainly recommend this dealership - I hope this continues.

Originally posted by wilsonan - Fri Oct 1, 2004

Pros: friendly and helpful

Cons: parking

My wife bought her Felicia from them 8 years ago and they were very helpful then, always good when it comes to servicing too.

I tried to by an Octy vRS from them but they didn't have any (brought from Saltdean Garage in the end - they're not very nice).

Anyway, I use Withams for servicing and parts and generally find them to be very helpful. I think they look forward to my car coming in as they love taking it for test-drives!

As has been said, they have a non-pushy sales dept, basically they let the cars sell themselves.

The only issue I have is with parking, it's terrible as it's such a busy road, but credit to Withams, they always fold my mirrors in if they leave it on the main road.

Andy

• 1 year later...

My dad bought his Octavia L&K PD130 brand new from here and they were great presale but they told him not to worry about servicing til 40k ish. They totally forgot the first service and after a not too great experience dad now uses the Camberley dealer for servicing :)

• 7 months later...

Taken my Fab vRS for a few services here, they've not once washed the car! Not too much of a bother since I like to do it myself anyway but would be nice to see them make the effort.

They also told me that my driver side door rattle was due to the speaker being 'blown' when it blatantly wasn't and still isn't now. Apart from that they seem to be ok but I'll be taking my car to Garlands in Aldershot next to see how they compare.

• 8 months later...

I had a choice of dealers when it come to buying my new Fabia and I chose this one as it offered by far a much better approach to selling the car.

Whilst the other dealer tried the intense selling approach and tried to flogg us extra paint protection, while Witham & sons let the car sell itself. A completly no pressure and relaxed selling technique. You do not get the impression you are just a tick in the box so they can hit a sales target.

They let us go on a test drive unaccompanied which some dealers don't and were very knowledgable about the car. They were also the best priced and communication was excellent over telephone and email.

I have not had to use them for aftersales car or servicing as yet so cannot review.

Definately would recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to buy more cars from them in the furture.

• 1 year later...

Had a test drive booked, arrived to find no where to park and the garage was tiny. It was rather busy but the car was not ready as expected (parked in a pub car park:eek:). Otherwise enjoyed the test and demo, salesman took my details and knew his stuff and I made it clear I was ready to order.

Phone call with a price never came and I ordered from **************************

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another firm.

• 4 months later...

Got my Octavia vRS from here. Sales staff are very helpful and friendly. Dealt with Geoff always happy to help out and try and get things sorted. I had trouble with the skoda insurance but thanks to Geoff all was sorted.

Both test drives they handed me the keys and said bring it back when you finished.

Would happy send anyone their way!

• 1 month later...

I went to see them on wednesday, fantastic service from Geoff and I have to say, despite the dealership being in the backside end of nowhere I felt it added something to the dealer experience.

i was recommended to go there through a friend who had bought 4 cars through Geoff and I have to say that I was very impressed with his knowledge of the range and his helpfulness while I was in the showroom. I'm goign back tomorrow for a second look and to see if my dog crate fits the boot properly. I'd certainly recommend them to anyone

And yesterday I placed my order. I've been very impressed with the level of service from Withams all along and Geoffs seemingly endless enthusiasm even when he's already made the sale

Edited by DGW
Two consecutive posts merged.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...