Adamsons - Deal..

DGW

Originally posted by lfc958 - Sun Nov 28, 2004

Pros: VERY friendly dealer & service staff

Cons: Small showroom

I have puchased 3 Skodas from this dealership( That speaks volumes of the service provided ), and while their service is excellent, they have been occasionally let down by Skoda HQ.

Booking cars for a service is NO problem, and they will even provide a loan car ( given notice ).

Servicing costs appear to be satisfactory.( not the cheapest, but no where near the most expensive seen on this site.)

• 2 months later...

I bought my Octavia Tdi estate from Adamsons in 2003. I also arranged my father and father in-law's purchases of Fabias from them. I will be using them to buy my Fabia Vrs soon.

I think they are excellent in all aspects from purchasing to service!

• 1 year later...

We have just picked up our 3rd fabia from adamsons and we cant recommend them enough. All the staff are very friendlyand helpful,we will continue to use adamsons for many years yet.

Edited by colingo

• 1 year later...

Just bought a 55 plate MK1; Octavia vRS from ADAMSONS DEAL and what can I say? An excellent site (though a little small) and sales team. After having a really bad experience with ***************** I was a little hesitant about dealing with more salesmen but I travelled to DEAL and was pleasantly surprised. I was first greeted by DAVID PRINCE who I dealt with throughout, he was very professional and was extremely customer focused. All I can add is if you are thinking about buying a skoda I strongly recommend you make the trip to ADAMSONS as the service you get is fantastic. :thumbup:

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer deleted.

• 1 year later...

We collected our new Scout from Adamsons yesterday. It was a bit of a treck from Winchester but they had offered us such great service when we were trying to spec the car & choose colours originally. I specifically wanted to see a Cappachino Scout & they arranged for a customers car to be around one Saturday for us to see. Other dealers just seemed to think any Octy in that colour was good enough. That attention to detail, actually listening to the customer rather than pouring out pre rehearsed sales talk together with a deal equal to any other we could find & we had placed the order with them. I have to say it was the nicest, easiest most friendy car purchase ever & Ive bought a few !!! It all just went so smoothly & refreshingly BS free. I cant recomend them enough. As for the car (in Arctic green), its rather good :):)

• 4 months later...

I ordered my Fabia SE CR 105Tdi estate from Adamsons on the VAT free offer following Dave Prince giving me a sensible trade in on my Octavia. Adamson`s knew exactly what I wanted option wise and was able to give me a total accurate price.

I had to chase them up a couple of tiime s on delivery dates but otherwise was extremely satisfied with the service I recieved. There was no mention of CAP insurance or Lifeshine cover.

The car was delivered to me in am immaculate condition. However I noticed the rubber bootmat I ordered was missing! They ordered the wrong one. Dave said he`d ordered a replacement and he`d put a few quid in my tank for the inconvenience. However following discussion on the phone they offered to deliver the boot mat to my house!!

Amazing customer service. Adamsons have been brilliant and would recommend them to anyone considering buying a Skoda.

Bit off topic but still dealer service here:

Recently lowered the Vrs and had a few problems with the knocking, on inspection of the car noticed the Front top mounts could do with replacing so thought i would try them..........

Ken was out when i went in so they took the list of parts i was after and i left it in there hand....... being LFC958's son i trusted them to get it done........ without hesitation got a phone call later that day telling me he was just ordering them all from tonbridge and should be there today (thursday Worked out to 3 days)........ Wednesday rolled round and i got a call to say they where in :thumbup:

Popped in today to pick them up straight in straight out hassle free and as usual David was running round sorting peoples orders out but didnt ignore me he even asked if i had got what i was after one of the times he ran past!

If you live in the area and are wanting no fuss car sales/parts customer service then go to ADAMSONS in Walmer :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Took my Fabia in for its 20K service yesterday. Everything that I asked of was provided. I needed a paint stick for some stone chips and a replacement key as I had lost one! :sweat: Also Adamsons had offered to come and pick up the car from my home the night before and leave me a car. I, however made different plans and took the car in myself. I was provided with a Fabia 1.2HTP loan car for the morning! Liked the climatronic! All round good service. car was taken in at 0900am and was ready at 1230! Great service from Adamsons.

• 5 months later...

We've not had such good luck with them, in the past.

I live literally round the corner from this dealer, but I'd rather go the extra 20 miles and get better service at Canterbury.

Although if I need a quick service/ parts then I'd consider using them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Went here interested in buying a new octavia - found them to be uninformed (I could tell them more about the car than their sales guy) and empty promises - questions I asked they said they would find out and call me but I never got a call. Plus side they just handed me the keys and left me to test drive by myself  :devil:  so bit of a mixed bag from me

• 1 year later...

UPDATE 

I was at Adamsons on Sat 2nd Aug 2014 and found out the following.

As of End of Sept 2014 this will no longer be a Skoda dealer due to SUK only wanting the very large dealerships that have large expensive showrooms & can sell the full range of cars in numbers.

They will still cover current customers Skoda warranty & will do servicing.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 

As of End of Sept 2014 this will no longer be a Skoda dealer due to SUK only wanting the very large dealerships that have large expensive showrooms & can sell the full range of cars in numbers.

So this is why they probably sounded a bit fed up on the phone today and their main servicing guy has left. What a shame.......

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 

Oh thats a shame. Canterbury did say that to me when I was buying Vin though (almost a year ago) so I guess it has been in the pipeline for a while. :(

• 4 months later...