Clutch judder normal at cold?

I've got a MY12 Greenline II - manual box.

When the car is cold, I always get clutch judder when pulling away in 1st gear.  Other gears are unaffected.  After approx. 5-10 minutes running it goes away. 

What do you think - idiosyncrasy to be ignored?  Anyone experience anything similar??

I have mild judder on my DSG when cold and exiting our place (an uphill exit onto the main road). 47k miles up on a V6 DSG. After a couple of minutes it's gone and drives very well....cold clutch plates?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Just over 70K on my DSG 1.8 TSI and the judder 1st the 2nd is noticeable, not really thought about cold plates ... I'll keep an eye oon it and let you know

(I was on Briskoda for exactly this subject :-)) 

We have this on our 2008 Octavia, it's done it from new.

The common consensus is that condensation or moisture forms on the clutch plates overnight. This causes the judder.

After a few starts the plates dry out and normal service is resumed.

This was very noticeable on my 2005 Octavia. My 2011 Superb is a little 'grumbly' for the first couple of moves on a cold start, but definitely no juddering. Giving it a couple of hundred more rpm and being more gentle with the clutch helps too.

• 2 weeks later...

It happens on a non skoda i have since new. I'm told its the rivets on the clutch plate that are slightly loose, these tighten up when it's warm after a few clutch operations and it doesn't judder.