Is Hill Hold standard with DSG?

Pouclee

Does anyone have a Monte Carlo DSG? The often incorrect brochure states that Hill Hold is standard with DSG, now either mine doesn't have it or it's not working. My last two Yeti had it both of which were manual so I am familiar with the system.

It is needed with DSG (imho and if you are not a left foot braker)  as it does not work like a conventional auto that will hold you on an incline.

The clutches disengage (I believe to save wear) when the brakes are applied and the car has stopped.  Moving from brake to accelerator means the clutches have to

re-engage causing a momentary loss of motion to the drivetrain and roll-back occurs.

I had to purchase HHold on my 170 DSG L&K but the next brochure it was standard with the inevitable cost increase added.

Having owned DSG cars with and without HHold I would always advocate getting it.

As for whether it is standard on a Monte Carlo with DSG I cannot help - shame if it isn't there as I find it very useful.

• Like 1

The brochure shows, Monte Carlo Hill-hold control standard with DSG transmission £100.00 option with manual box.

But we all know that does not mean it's actually the case :think:

Can't speak for the 'Monte Carlo' model, but I certainly had it on my old 1.2 Tsi SE DSG model and have it again on the face-lift 1.2 Tsi SE DSG model I got last May.  

Edited by manxman

Does anyone have a Monte Carlo DSG? The often incorrect brochure states that Hill Hold is standard with DSG, now either mine doesn't have it or it's not working. My last two Yeti had it both of which were manual so I am familiar with the system.

If you use the car configurator it does not come up as an option - some I am wondering whether you are "using" it corrrectly, or xpecting something different - I find when I come to a halt a hard press of the brake pedal generally allows me plently of time to move my foot from brake to accelerator (ie HHold active) - it does not hold the car if you take your foot of the accelerator you must apply the brake again to activate it or feather the throttle.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

If you use the car configurator it does not come up as an option - some I am wondering whether you are "using" it corrrectly, or xpecting something different - I find when I come to a halt a hard press of the brake pedal generally allows me plently of time to move my foot from brake to accelerator (ie HHold active) - it does not hold the car if you take your foot of the accelerator you must apply the brake again to activate it or feather the throttle.  Just a thought.

When I leave my house I have a steep drive to the main road. In both my previous Yeti's brake to a halt using the foot brake, check road is clear then move foot from brake to throttle whilst releasing clutch vehicle does not roll back. In the Monte Carlo with DSG brake to a halt using foot brake on the steep exit, move foot from brake to throttle car rolls back, only way to avoid is to do hill start using handbrake. Hence to reason I think it's inactive or not standard on my vehicle.

If you use the car configurator it does not come up as an option

AFAIAA that's true for any vehicle with DSG.  I take that to mean that HHC is a non-optional (ie standard) fitment if you have DSG.  I'd regard what the configurator says as a more definitive indication than whatever some marketing wonk scribbled together for the brochure.

some I am wondering whether you are "using" it corrrectly, or xpecting something different

The OP does say they've had HHC on both their previous Yetis so they probably have a fair idea how it's supposed to work.

It is sometimes alleged* that HHC can be enabled and disabled through VCDS so it's possible that the dealer could fix it if it has somehow not been enabled.  I think a lot of these £100-odd 'options' often turn out to be just a different setting in the ECU.

If someone can come up with the build code for HHC then the OP should be able to check whether their car was built with it enabled.  AIUI all "options" should be listed, even if they come as standard on the particular model you've got.  My Elegance has a list as long as your arm...

* Though whenever I've asked for guidance as to how to achieve it, no-one who has alleged that it is possible has ever been forthcoming with instructions.

I have had a look at the Jan 2015 Yeti brochure and it is not very informative. It lists the Monte Carlo and says that it comes with HHC on the DSG version, but then shows it as an option in the options list for that model.Not very good for answering the question!!

Tony

Have a look on the paper label on the left of floor in the boot under the carpet.

Can you find "UG1" amongst the build codes there?

If yes your car was fitted with it.

Have a look on the paper label on the left of floor in the boot under the carpet.

Can you find "UG1" amongst the build codes there?

If yes your car was fitted with it.

Thanks I'll have a look at for that.

I just checked the Skoda UK online configurator and it does offer HHC as an option for the DSG Monte Carlo (in the "safety" section).  For the S with DSG HHC is not offered, but it is for the manual.  Similarly, for the Outdoor Elegance with the 170 PS diesel and DSG, HHC is not offered.

So it looks like, for some bizarre reason, the Monte Carlo might actually be the odd one out in not having HHC as standard on the DSG version.

If the OP really wants HHC on his Monte Carlo then he might need to look in to getting it enabled via VCDS.

As I understand it the hill hold is standard on the 1.2 DSG but not on diesels.

Why......I have no idea

My friend has a 1.2 pre face lift DSG and it was standard.

So it would appear not standard with DSG on Monte Carlo, paper label does not show UG1. Now just need to find someone locally (or South Wales) to see if it can be activated through VCDS.

Paper label details below;

E1T = Special editions

1D0 = Without trailer hitch

5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex

5RC = Right exterior mirror: convex (modified viewing field)

1KS = Disc brakes, rear (Geomet D)

6FP = Components with special surface appearance

1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)

3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)

1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)

1NL = Covers for alloy wheels

HW6 = Tires 225/50 R17 94W

4UP = Drivers and front passenger air bag with knee air bag and front passenger air bag deactivation

4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation andcircuit breaker

5KP = 3 separate seats (first row of seats)

3QC = 3-point seat belts, front

4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag

4A0 = Without seat heater

8L5 = Roof antenna and "diversity" window antenna

J0N = Battery 330 A (61 Ah)

QI6 = Service indicator 30,000 km or 2 year ( variable )

8GU = Alternator 140 A

9AK = Climatronic with impact pressure control free of cfc

8RM = 8 speakers (passive)

7UC = Navigation system "RNS315" (integrated data storage device)

8AY = Radio/navigation system

8QL = Key for locking system with remote control

8X1 = Headlight washer system

4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing

B09 = Type approval Great Britain and NorthernIreland

7MJ = Emission standard EU5 plus

QN0 = Without drawers under front seats

3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats

9P3 = Seat belt reminder, electric contact in buckle

7X1 = Park distance control

9ZS = Preparation for telephone internal all- purpose cellular phone preparation with voice control

8WV = Front fog lights

7A0 = Without CD changer/CD player

3GG = Plane rear cargo area

7AL = Anti-theft alarm system, passenger compartment control, backup horn and towing protection

G06 = Front shock absorption

L67 = Suspension range 67 installation control only, no requirement forecast

7P0 = Without lumbar support in seat backrests

F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment

3S2 = Black roof rails

2UB = Rough-road design

Anybody know what 2UB Rough-road design is?

As I understand it the hill hold is standard on the 1.2 DSG but not on diesels.

Aye, looks like you're right: the configurator offers HHC as an option on the Outdoor SE 140 DSG.  It's only on the Elegance that it's standard equipment.

As you say, it's not clear why that should be.  If anything, HHC seems to be of more benefit to DSG users than it is to unreconstructed box-stirrers like me (in that it replaces a level of functionality which is inherent in slushmatics).

• Like 1

So it would appear not standard with DSG on Monte Carlo, paper label does not show UG1. Now just need to find someone locally (or South Wales) to see if it can be activated through VCDS.

:(

I'd be interested to know if you do manage to get it activated that way - so that I can see if I can find someone to deactivate it on mine!

Anybody know what 2UB Rough-road design is?

One thing it's not is the Rough Road Package: mine has that option code but it definitely doesn't have the RRP fitted (and it wasn't supposed to - it's a bog-standard 2010 Elegance).

emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

I'd be interested to know if you do manage to get it activated that way - so that I can see if I can find someone to deactivate it on mine!

I'm genuinely curious, why would you want it disabled?

So it would appear not standard with DSG on Monte Carlo, paper label does not show UG1.....

It may not be standard for your car, but the paper label only lists 45 of the 208 option codes which appear in the Vehicle Data printout for my Yeti Outdoor 1.2TSI DSG; UG1 is listed in that latter document. Ask your dealer to provide you with a similar printout for your car.

You should be able to activate it. You usually can if you have ESP as standard.

Phil

Well it's a couple of bottles of wine to anyone that can activate it on mine.

You tried to do it on my Octavia, which had 4x4 and ESP. The ABS module was missing that option.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

I think basically it's down to which specific ABS pump you have. I don't think any without ESP have the option.

There must be a list or something of specific ABS pumps that have it.

Phil