Anti-roll bar bushes?

I was advised that I may need Anti-roll bar bushes.

My car is a 06 Ambiente 1.6 petrol

How many Anti-roll bars does my car have?

What size bushes does the Anti-roll bars take?

Is there universal Anti-roll bar bushes that work on any car or do I look for specific bushes that will only fit my car? Will universal ones be compatible with the existing metal clamps?

Can anyone recommend some good anti-roll bar bushes?

Many thanks,

Bump anyone know what sizes bushes my car take?

Easiest and surest way is to actually measure the diameter of the bar via the wheel arches - use a micrometer (Lidl do one for £8.99 at the moment), or even just a ruler - the diameter where you can access it will be the same as at the points where the bushes are - Simples :D

Easiest and surest way is to actually measure the diameter of the bar via the wheel arches - use a micrometer (Lidl do one for £8.99 at the moment), or even just a ruler - the diameter where you can access it will be the same as at the points where the bushes are - Simples :D

Skoda don't publish the size of the bushes for their cars?

Have a look in partsbase.org - that should have the OEM part numbers and possibly the diameter if you look at the corresponding info on the sway bar itself.

They aren't an expensive part so why not just give your VIN to the dealer or that chain that does VW Group parts & get a price / buy from them.  I'd be really surprised if they are more than a few quid each.

or try Eurocarparts

Have a look in partsbase.org - that should have the OEM part numbers and possibly the diameter if you look at the corresponding info on the sway bar itself.

They aren't an expensive part so why not just give your VIN to the dealer or that chain that does VW Group parts & get a price / buy from them.  I'd be really surprised if they are more than a few quid each.

or try Eurocarparts

Problem with that is that you still may not find out what you actually need very quickly - why not just spend 5 minutes and measure the ARB diameters, instead of spending at least an hour going to the dealer (etc.) and asking him? :notme:

Then you can choose to go to the dealer or buy on-line, in the knowledge that you KNOW what the diameter is and can check whether the parts offered are actually what you need  before you part with any money.

Problem with that is that you still may not find out what you actually need very quickly - why not just spend 5 minutes and measure the ARB diameters, instead of spending at least an hour going to the dealer (etc.) and asking him? :notme:

Then you can choose to go to the dealer or buy on-line, in the knowledge that you KNOW what the diameter is and can check whether the parts offered are actually what you need  before you part with any money.

Instead of driving 1hr to the dealers I can phone them to get the info right?

Don't you agree its easier than buying a micrometer from lidl then getting down on the dirty road ruining the clothes just to get a measurement that im sure skoda has already published. If they haven't published the info. then I am sure someone knows on this skoda forum. 

Edited by Laureen1979

that sounds far too sensible Laureen  :p

Have a look at your PR codes inside the service record book or on the build sticker in the boot

Rear Suspension - http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2006-1z-6-000-001-50120-track-rod-coupling-rod-anti-roll-bar/

0BC = 18.5mm

0BD = 19.6mm

0BE = 20.7mm

0BF = 21.7mm

Front Suspension - http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2006-1z-6-000-001-41101-suspension-shock-absorbers-anti-roll-bar/

0AC = 21.7mm

0AD = 22.5mm

0AE = 23.6mm

that was all at partsbase.org.  You should have had a look.  There are diagrams that are easy to follow

• Like 1

I suggest that you go back to Post No 5 where I suggested that you just measure the ARBs  - or else go to your local Skoda dealer (or TPS branch if they will deal with the public - there is a current thread on the forum about which will and which won't, and there is at least one in the Birmingham area that does) and give them your registration number, or the VIN which is etched into the windscreen, and they can look the relevant parts up for you from that.

TPS branch if they will deal with the public - there is a current thread on the forum about which will and which won't, and there is at least one in the Birmingham area that does.

can you flag that up my search just comes back here :no:

Ok will the skoda dealership charge me for a printout of the data info for my car? If they don't charge are they obliged to print it out for me?

Sorry but I have no idea! Probably depends on whether you are a regular customer or not, and/or whether they value potential future custom from you.

Find a white sticker stuck to the spare wheel but unfortunately it has totally faded meaning all data and codes gone. So what shall I do now?

The sticker you are looking for isn't stuck to the spare wheel. Lift the spare wheel cover / carpet all the way up and look at the boot floor to the top left of the spare wheel well, not in the wheel well itself, when looking from standing at the back of the car.

With regards the bushes themselves, for the front ARB, I don't believe you'll be able to get them from Skoda unless you buy a whole new anti-roll bar as I think they come bonded to the bar and aren't sold separately. As per snig71's post, you probably need to look at aftermarket bushes like powerflex ones unless you want to change the ARB.

The sticker you are looking for isn't stuck to the spare wheel. Lift the spare wheel cover / carpet all the way up and look at the boot floor to the top left of the spare wheel well, not in the wheel well itself, when looking from standing at the back of the car.

With regards the bushes themselves, I don't believe you'll be able to get them from Skoda unless you buy a whole new anti-roll bar as I think they come bonded to the bar and aren't sold separately. As per snig71's post, you probably need to look at aftermarket bushes like powerflex ones unless you want to change the ARB.

Yeah looked but not there.

Yeah once I find out what size bushes will fit my car I will order them many thanks,

With regards the bushes themselves, I don't believe you'll be able to get them from Skoda unless you buy a whole new anti-roll bar as I think they come bonded to the bar and aren't sold separately. As per snig71's post, you probably need to look at aftermarket bushes like powerflex ones unless you want to change the ARB.

Surely we have not reached the stage when ARB bush replacement means total ARB assembly replacement is required? I really do doubt that !

Edited by jeallen01

For the octavia mk2 1.6 pre-facelift I suspect these are the areas of the parts catalogue you need to be looking at (assuming standard suspension and the front ARB) - see the items marked 16 in the links below. Note only the ARB is listed, not any separate bushes.

Hatchback:

http://vagfans.info/EN/skoda/CZ/OCT/Name/2007/419/R/411/411000/suspension-shock-absorbers-anti-roll-bar

Estate:

http://vagfans.info/EN/skoda/CZ/OCT/Name/2007/419/R/411/411001/suspension-shock-absorbers-anti-roll-bar

The ARB should have colour coded markings on it to help identify the correct one.

As an aside, on the Octavia mk1 you were able to get the front ARB bushes separately - see items 2(A), 3(A) and 4 in the links below:

http://vagfans.info/EN/skoda/CZ/OCT/Name/2007/252/R/411/411000/suspension-shock-absorbers-anti-roll-bar

http://vagfans.info/EN/skoda/CZ/OCT/Name/2007/252/R/411/411005/suspension-shock-absorbers-anti-roll-bar

I am looking at replacing my anti roll bar bushes, I have looked in my service sheet and none of the mentioned codes appear. Does anyone know what line of the code should show it.?