Westover Skoda - Wimborne.

DGW

I recently bought my 2010 Fabia vRS from these guys. The salesman was very polite, professional and collecting/paying was no problem.

Looking at the reviews, it seems parts/servicing is an issue yet buying/collecting is a very smooth process.

Salesman I dealt with was Graham Roberts and I was quite impressed at all stages. :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Thumbs down here - and I even wonder how they actually manage to sell any cars at all based on my latest experience.

I've had 2 brand new Octavias from them in the past, and given them all the servicing work in the meantime too, and am now starting to look at trading in my current one for a third.

I sat down with the salesman, he went over my car jotting various stuff down, and jotted down details of what i was looking at buying.

He told me he needed to speak to the sales manager to get a trade-in value for my current car (fair enough) but he was in a meeting. Told me he'd call me, or email me if I wasn't available.

A week later I gave up waiting and emailed him asking what was going on... and a week on from that and I'm still waiting for a reply.

So much for customer loyalty... Guess I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

Update:

Apologies received from the Sales Manager - at least he seems on the ball.

Edited by Nightsabre

• 2 years later...

In the past couple of months I used them for 2 minor repairs on my Octavia. Very polite staff, very helpful as well; they discussed with me all the options available, involving me in all the decisions.

I feel that they offer good service, everything was solved OK and quicker than I expected.

Good value for money, plenty of coffee in the waiting room.

And they will move from Monday 22nd of July in Bournemouth, 502 Wallisdown Road, BH11 8PT.

They are on the move next week, moving to a purpose built showroom near their other franchises. When they have moved I'll update the first post with the new address.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my Citigo Sport from them and collected it 27/07/13 from their brand new showroom.

Michael Evans the salesman, was one of the nicest guys ive ever met and couldnt do enough for us.

The whole buying process was fantastic and the private handover room and bouquet of flowers was the icing on the cake.

Highly recommended

Cheers

Damo

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my Superb from them yesterday,. The deal was done during their first week at the new premises, nice place for once a dealership with loads of parking. Trade in on my old Octavia was sensible and with a bit of haggling got a good deal, only issue at ordering was their computer system not working, but sorted quickly via e mail. Collection very painless, like the collection bay indoors and well lit meant checking the car over was very easy. They have been very efficient and managed to sort the car early due to our changing plans. Dealt with Neil and he was friendly helpful and communicated well, with updates, etc. cannot comment on service as we live some distance from them and use another local dealership, but if in area at the right time would be tempted to give them a try.

• 9 months later...

As i thought about getting a octavia i went to westover Bournemouth to see what my options was i must admit the staff was very friendly and helpful 

the sales person i dealt with was polite and very helpful. 

now my car is due to be delivered in the next 2 weeks which is good as they did estimate  middle of august so thumbs up to them

• 1 year later...

So, I went into the Wallisdown dealership this Saturday & was immediately greeted by Neil. Very nice guy, polite & helpful. 

I came back on the Sunday after visiting other dealerships & placed my order. Unfortunately Neil wasn't working but Gareth dealt with the negotiation & finance. Again he was professional & very helpful.

Neil actually called me yesterday to thank me for my order, we had a good chat about the car & In no way did he seem like he wanted to end the call. Good telephone manner.

The showroom was clinically clean & spacious (compared to other dealerships I visited I felt immediately at ease). New address below. does a MOD want to update?

Westover Skoda

502 Wallisdown Road

Bournemouth 

Dorset

BH11 8PT

01202 974148

• 7 months later...

Poor after sales, think it's changed a bit since I have been last, but them leaving my AC sensor unplugged and also potentially jamming a hole in the rear arch was the last straw, buying from them is fine but wouldn't advice using there poor mechanics

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Westover Skoda in Bournemouth formerly Westover Wimbourne, what an absolute shambles!

Had a Skoda Fabia that wouldn’t start diagnosed by the AA as a faulty key cluster, and towed to the Bournemouth dealership. Westover claimed the problem was with the ECU and that it was burning out. Several ECUs later the problem was still not fixed, and the problem was then claimed to be a wire in the wrong place. After that a key cluster was installed that seemed to ‘fix’ the fault, 3 months after breakdown.

On the day of collection we paid £1,000, and didn’t even make it home before the car went into fault again! Westover collected the car, leaving a courtesy car outside locked, without keys and refused the use of it. They then claimed after roughly a week that the compression was down in cylinder 1, causing the faults, even though the car had only done 45,000 miles. Having spoken to a couple of reputable independent mechanics, they seem to think it could be either faulty ignition coils or MAP sensor.

Westover and Skoda UK customer services seem to think 3 months is a satisfactory period to hold a car without a courtesy car and even said that the fault was nothing to do with the repair. They refused to discuss fixing the fault or providing a refund or goodwill gesture towards a repair. Surely once a car comes out the garage it is expected to work?! The car is still parked on our drive since it was returned in December 2015 and hasn’t been used since. The only solution Skoda offered was the purchase of a new car, which seems to be their main aim!

Customer services don’t return calls, listen to problems or even talk to other members of the team. A specific car (second hand) was offered and then sold to another customer before a test drive could be arranged. A shame that such a large company/franchise demonstrated such poor service.

We (and my family) would never use Westover Skoda again.

Has anyone had any similarly poor experiences, and did you manage to resolve it?

• 1 month later...

My limited experience with them was when I was looking to buy a new vRS. When asked if they were prepared to negotiate on the full asking price (as with any other dealer), the salesman said, "We don't offer discounts. Why do you think we're a multimillion pound company with dealerships all over the area? Not by giving discounts" Experience with Westover over!

• 9 months later...

Great value for money, lost my locking wheel nut key (thankfully found later on).

I honestly thought being charged £96 for the labour alone of putting the car on a ramp and removing the old key (with a master set) was an absolute bargain, but then the chap came back and said we'll do it for £46! 

If you do use Westover Skoda, just be aware of the great value they give...

Edited by Hyphons

• 2 months later...

Just ordered a new Fabia SE L 1.0 TSI 110 PS DSG from these dealers. Got nearly 11% off the price after some faffing about. The salesman was reluctant to give me a price, including the old "what would we have to do to get you to sign right now?" Nothing chum, I'm off home for a coffee and a think. Got a quote from Drive the deal and Westover Skoda virtually nearly matched it. Considering they had arranged the test drive and were local it seemed OK to me.
Looking forward to the new car, up for delivery in Late August for a new plate in September.